Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Collingwood injury discussion thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
This is the healthiest I can ever remember our list being, with Elliott the only senior player out injured.

And the award for Mozz of the Year goes to.... Rudeboy!!!

Shocked Embarassed
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:53 pm

WE are cursed with injuries, season after season, year in, year out, just a nere ending curse, and dont tell me curses dont exist, please ! No Tay, No jamie, Howe gone for God knows how long, and De Goey. Never happens to ordinary players like WHE, or Thomas, always our stars. Just never ends, ever, and it dont think, it ever will. Ever. Period.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:26 pm

^ This is about what most clubs are contending with at various times. Indeed, GWS beat us last week with about half a team. Making such whining excuses is actually more upsetting to read than facing the true position.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:43 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
WE are cursed with injuries, season after season, year in, year out, just a nere ending curse, and dont tell me curses dont exist, please ! ...

It's bad fitness & injury management.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:28 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ This is about what most clubs are contending with at various times. Indeed, GWS beat us last week with about half a team. Making such whining excuses is actually more upsetting to read than facing the true position.

Whining excuses ??, fuckingbullshit, every damn year, year in ,season out, we lose key players, for ages, look at Langdon, Broomhead, Reid, to name just 3, all lost so many games out, Langdon was near BOG in 2018 GF, got badly hurt, never came back hardly, Langdon had to retire. NO team has suffered more than us, with never ending long term injuries, no team, ours are always to stars and they take ages to come back, year after year. This is fact. Not whining, open ur eyes for once. Surprised Mad

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:00 pm

Have a look at the injury lists https://www.afl.com.au/matches/injury-list and knock yourself explaining how your constant, pointless whining about injuries isn't constant, pointless whining.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:54 pm

I'm over the injury excuses.

The excuses only serve to disguise the shortcomings of the team and deludes us into believing we're better than what we really are.

Every club has injury issues along the way. The fact that we've had a decade of extensive injury lists isn't down to bad luck.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:15 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Have a look at the injury lists https://www.afl.com.au/matches/injury-list and knock yourself explaining how your constant, pointless whining about injuries isn't constant, pointless whining.

hey dickhead, name me one season, just one, when we have had a fully fit team, not one injury, since Bucks took over, just name me one. Ur the one whose head is stuck in the sand, we never ever, get a break with long term injuries, ever. Fact. Mad Mad

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:25 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

hey dickhead, name me one season, just one, when we have had a fully fit team, not one injury, since Bucks took over, just name me one. Ur the one whose head is stuck in the sand, we never ever, get a break with long term injuries, ever. Fact. Mad Mad

We are not unique - we get an even break every f**king year - stop making excuses for clown coach..

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:14 am

^ Apart from the unnecessary abuse of posters with a differing view based upon reality, it strikes me as distracting drivel.

Let it be assumed - just for a moment - that the universe has gone mad and that there are "injury gods" who are specifically out to defeat Collingwood. What are we to do with such information?

There are many, many things the Club might do (and, presumably, has already done) to try to reduce the impact of injuries on our playing group. We could, eg, try a different, less-taxing game plan, we could be less generous about keeping habitually-injured players on the list, we could change our training methods, we could change where we train etc etc etc.

Whatever the plan for improving our on-field results, I really, really hope that it is not focused on leaving out small, sweet offerings to appease the "injury gods."
K 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:43 pm

Geebung are having Pie Syndrome.

Paddy's "minor tweak" is a syndesmosis tear. He's been operated on and will be out for "up to two months".

When do we play them?
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:11 am

I'd argue that it's probably our training regimen and taxing game plan which contributes towards injuries.

Every club suffers injuries - FACT, and ours is no different. It's comes down to player management. Some clubs can handle that better than others. We don't and haven't for a long time.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:01 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
I'd argue that it's probably our training regimen and taxing game plan which contributes towards injuries.

Every club suffers injuries - FACT, and ours is no different. It's comes down to player management. Some clubs can handle that better than others. We don't and haven't for a long time.

Watch Elliott's utter stupidity flying against Cox for the mark; his own fault.

And JDG's impact with sniping dog Kelly; you couldn't do that again if you tried.

Kelly's two impact injuries; like a Tarantino script.

Yes - this shit ONLY happens to us...

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:05 am

Still a relatively short list
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Re mods. Fill free to delete if the injury gods haven’t been worshiped to lately.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:40 pm

Presti35 wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Still a relatively short list
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Trent Bianco (knee) - Expected return: 1-2 weeks.
(Has returned to contact training and should be available for VFL action as soon as next week).

Jeremy Howe (hamstring) - Expected return: 2-3 weeks
(Expected to return for round 9 against Sydney).

Taylor Adams (knee) - Expected return: 5-7 weeks.
(Positive news is his recovery is going well).

Jamie Elliott (lower leg) - Expected return: 5-7 weeks.
(Back running. Recovery going well).

Levi Greenwood (concussion) - Expected return: TBA
(Club being cautions. Shouldn't miss too many games).

No injuries from the VFL and it seems nothing from todays AFL game either. It is a short list, especially compared to other years. Three of our best 22 are missing.

I sat at the end of the aisle in the Ponny yesterday (N31) row N, seat 1, with two Brown siblings on the other end as well as other VFL players. They sat well. 😉

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14   

Jump to: