Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#31 Beau McCreery

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
I just don’t see McCreery as a midfielder, particularly while he’s at Collingwood. Hes currently behind DeGoey, Nick, Mitchell, Pendles, Crisp Sullivan, MacRae, Lipinski and likely DiMattia ( in 12 months ) who all have attributes that are more suitable to starting in the centre square than McCreery. It’s not a knock on McCreery, he plays his role very well …. just as our true midfielders play their roles very well too.

keep in mind that De Goey started as a forward with the occasional burst in the midfield. Beau is still young and explosive. If an inside mid gets the ball and gives it to him on the burst he can fly out of the centre just like Jordy. He's also a tackling machine in there.

With more experience and focusing on using his strengths I can see him becoming a midfield weapon.

Pep 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:23 am

Beau is still only 22, will be 23 in April. And came to us a s 20yr old (I think?) which he has improved each season. It may take this and next year, but by then maybe Mitchell, Pendles and possibly Crisp a year or 2 after?

He did come to us as a pressure fwd, so I hope he will be established or primed to make an impact there.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:57 am

His need as a pressure forward has decreased a small amount with the arrival of Shultz
With Shultz,Elliott and Miocheck (all pressure fwds ) Beau could be part of a 1,2,3 power mid. Some in media are calling DeGoey & Nick the best 1,2 mid combo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21   

Jump to: