Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#31 Beau McCreery

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pep 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Beau is still only 22, will be 23 in April. And came to us a s 20yr old (I think?) which he has improved each season. It may take this and next year, but by then maybe Mitchell, Pendles and possibly Crisp a year or 2 after?

He did come to us as a pressure fwd, so I hope he will be established or primed to make an impact there.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:57 am

His need as a pressure forward has decreased a small amount with the arrival of Shultz
With Shultz,Elliott and Miocheck (all pressure fwds ) Beau could be part of a 1,2,3 power mid. Some in media are calling DeGoey & Nick the best 1,2 mid combo

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 6:23 pm

He looked very comfortable in the midfield last night. Loved seeing his in there, and hopefully this is the start of something special for McCreery.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 7:24 pm

Quote:
What'sinaname wrote:
He looked very comfortable in the midfield last night. Loved seeing his in there, and hopefully this is the start of something special for McCreery.

What'sinaname wrote:
* Time to dump McCreery & Cox who are adding nothing.

I think McCreery is one of the most overrated players in the AFL. In an era where possessions are a dime a dozen, it's a travesty that McCreery has got 20 disposals just once, and his next best game is 15.
After 65 games, he should be regularly collecting 20+ disposals.

You've been a great supporter of his.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 7:33 pm

^ lol

One, your obsessing is a little embarrassing.

Two, he has been disappointing in his defensive forward role. Hence why it's good that he's been tried in the midfield.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 11:30 am

Whilst I wish him no ill will and hope he is back in contention for selection soon, I think we didnt miss his defender friendly bombs onto to the heads of our key forwards after he went off.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 5:03 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

I actually thought his application Friday night was great until the injury; he was really cracking in. A marked improvement from weeeks prior.

He was on target to get a possession tally PB, if nothing else.

Does he walk straight back into the 22 once recovered from concussion protocol, is the next question...

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:25 pm

The answer is yes Andy. Cool
K 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:59 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I think McCreery is one of the most overrated players in the AFL. In an era where possessions are a dime a dozen, it's a travesty that McCreery has got 20 disposals just once, and his next best game is 15.
After 65 games, he should be regularly collecting 20+ disposals.

Hmm... Dunno...

To be overrated, ya have to be rated... Is he really rated by media or outsiders? After we fell over the line against Hawthorn, Malthouse said something like: Maybe Collingwood feel like they have to play him 'cos of his tackle pressure, but more is needed than just tackle pressure. Doesn't sound like MM rates him!

OTOH, in afl.com.au's article on 'Which under-the-radar players are crucial to your side's success?', A. O'Connor chose McCreery:

'We could have gone in several directions for the Pies - Brody Mihocek's consistency, Jeremy Howe's leadership in the backline and Will Hoskin-Elliott's poise and team-first attitude are all worth acknowledging - but we've opted for their speedy forward. Taken with pick No.44 in 2020, McCreery's importance to the Magpies' side can't be understated. Above all else it's his relentless pressure that has become a hallmark throughout his 67 games, with his average of 4.7 tackles a game this season a career high. Whether up forward or running through the middle, McCreery has quickly become the ultimate team man at the Pies.'

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1110299/secret-weapons-your-clubs-most-underrated-player

The most overrated AFL player of the 21st century is Brodie Grundy. So many brainfades and skill errors (and of course atrocious hit outs) week in, week out... And no one calls them out! It's like everyone just pretends they didn't happen! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21   

Jump to: