Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiverpool 3, City 2

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 9:15 pm
Post subject: Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiverpool 3, City 2Reply with quote

Another great day for the Reds with a stonking 3-2 win over Manchester City.

Again it was Owen who set the ball rolling when he took the roof off the Kop at 10 minutes with his 6th goal for the season.
Owen was dangerous every time he got near the ball and combined well with Heskey to keep City under pressure. With Fowler shortly to resume, the Reds will have the most formidable strike force in the League.

It was a great all-round effort from Liverpool, starting from Rigobert Song in defence, Nick Barmby in midfield, and then the Heskey-Owen combination. But it was the mid-fielder, Dietmar Hamman, who puts us up 2-0 early in the 2nd half with a lethal strike from the edge of the penalty area.

Shortly after this momentous occasion I began to experience Net congestion. Somewhere among all this Manchester City scored their 1st goal. I finally managed to re-establish my connection at about the 80 minute mark only to hear Manchester City get awarded a penalty right in front of the Kop. Suddenly it was 2-2. Shades of the Southampton collapse.

But within a couple of minutes it was Dietmar Hamman (again!!!!) and we were back in front.

Liverpool 3
Manchester City 2

**You'll Never Walk Alone**

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 3:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

wouldnt get too excited by that one alf,i think man city were in 1st division last year were they not??

so the almighty liverpooh conceded 2 goals !!!!!!!!!

youll concede 6 against the powerful magpies we will concede 0

ha ha ha ha ha ha

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 12:33 pm

Liverpool are travelling well....
you must remember Robbie Fowler, Patrik Berger, Redknapp and Titi Camara are all out injured. Sammi Hyppia also didnt play against Manchester City. Wiat till we have our full team playing then see who can beat us.........
Fletch 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 12:36 pm

Rubbish joffa, we've got a lot of players currently out, Mainly Hypiia, who is the chairman of our defence and is widely acknowledged as one of the best CB's in the World.

Plus you ain't got the fire power to get past the Red defence.

maggee_pye 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 5:23 pm

newcastle? do we play them in the cup? are they still in the premier league? i have hardly heard a wimper out of them the past couple of years... please do also remember man. city beat leeduka at ellend rd during the week and david oleary praised their efforts in the win... Great result for the reds.... in the past couple of years we may have lost a game like this at home, but we have turned the corner.... (except games against the toon army of course joffa!!!!) can still remeber those glorious days when mr keegan looked like he been impailed through the heart.

Long Live Shankly

[This message has been edited by maggee_pye (edited 10 September 2000).]
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 8:26 pm

well i gotta go and have a liverpool after reading that crap!!

oh yeh taking a liverpool
is an expression for wanting to have a crap

ha ha ha ha ha ha

i like that one lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
bring it on im ready !!!!

Fortis in Procella 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 5:24 am

Lay off Man City!!!!!!!!!! Beware the sleeping dog

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 8:00 am

Just a little note on Heskey, for the benefit of Where's Kent Butcher.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. At about the 20 minute mark against Manchester City, Heskey cleared a certain goal right off the line. I think you'd have to say that stopping the opposition from scoring a certain goal is just as valuable a contribution as scoring a goal yourself.

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 8:32 am

hey Alfie,

just wondering if you noticed it was an EX-MAG who got Liverpool acroos the line against man shity...

Hamann only went to the tampon reds cos he hated Gullit, so your bloody lucky you managed to win that game....
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 7:27 pm

OK, SS11. I'll keep that in mind next year when Collingwood plays Sydney and we get torn to shreds by Williams, Ahmat and Schauble. I'll feel so much better because I'll know that it was a bunch of ex-Magpies that beat us.

I think not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: