Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pressure playing Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2000 6:37 pm
Post subject: Pressure playing PiesReply with quote

Far out, Im stoked. Just got home from Colonial Stadium. I payed $11.25 for a tick in the second back row in level four. When i got there i thought it was a waste seeing that it Channel 7 were doin a live telecast but hell im glad i payed $11.25 for that lousy seat. What a Game. Those doubting our young guys under the pressure will soon be eating their words. They have showed for five weeks now that they are up to it and with hard fought wins against quality opponents they are only going to get better.
The first half looked good for us. I had an inkling we were gonna break loose in the second half the way Buckley and Sav finished that second quarter. But that never eventuated, the Doggies being the good team they are fought back hard and really looked like they were gonna steamroll us. But it took an even better side to put a stop to the run on.
Some wrong decisions and poor disposal probably due to the amount of pressure the doggies were applying, along wif the strange disappearance of O'Bree and Freeborn, from grass to pine (plastic these days)for the whole 3rd quarter, i thought was gonna cost us the game.
MM regrouped at 3/4 time and woke up from his half time nap to replace O'Bree back in the engine room which put a stop the easy clearances the doggies were gettin. Then under pressure we fought back from a two goal deficit early in the last to get over the line. All wifout a standout performer.
Buckley a quiet yet once again masterful game of 26 possies 9 marks and not to mention 3 goals, would have to get the best player although the rejuvenated Richo wif 20 possies 10 marks and 1 goal was good also and if not for a couple of poor disposals may well have taken Best in Black and white honours.
Presti once again tried hard despite their forward structure probably not suiting him. Safe to say Burns and Lockyer played the worst they have played this year but still contributed. Williams and Adkins stood tall in the last quarter helping us across the line. Speaking of Adkins how many WB players did this guy weave around b4 trying once too many times and being pinged. The guy coulda slotted it through b4 he passed to Davis or after Davis passed back to him but still he weaved on, perhaps trying to stitch up goal of the year but getting stitched up himself in the process.
Anyway enuff of the crap, bring on the Roos. Some midweek sporting headlines this week could be, Wednesday "Carey very Doubtful for Pies," Friday "Carey to play in Wheel Chair." Either way i'll be there cheering the pies through another nail biting win hopefully.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2000 7:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

what??!! burnsy played his best game of the season!
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2000 7:10 pm

actually he wasn't that flash, but his desperation in the last quarter was great.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2000 7:26 pm

I had a great seat on the wing. Middle level. Managed to get a bit of chanting going but it was hard work. Too many "suits" in the crowd.

Didn't you just hate that stupid bloody bulldog on the scoreboard and all that "Doggy, doggy, doggy" crap. I thought the Voice of the G was a wanker but that dog really got up my nose. God, I hope we don't come up with anything as nauseating as that when we play a home game there.

The new stadium's all right, I suppose, but give me the MCG any day. And it took an eternity to get out of the ground and across that bridge. It's actually 10 times worse than the bridge at Jolimont station, if you can believe that.

But tonight it was really cooking towards the end, with two Melbourne clubs fighting out a nail-biting last quarter. Imagine how dreary it will be sitting there watching us play an interstate side, with all the suits making business deals on their mobile phones.

Great game.

I heard a rumour that A.Rocca got reported. Does anyone know if that's true?

What about Bucks? Sure, he had a very quiet night. But those few good things he did were really decisive and were probably the difference between the two sides. He really took over the game late in the second quarter and set up that good lead at half-time. His last quarter was brilliant too.

What a pity that Adkins play came unstuck. That would have been on par with the famous Micky McGuane run in 1994 if he hadn't got caught. Oh well.

What a night. Another example of a game we would have lost last year. They virtually went missing for an entire quarter and still got the points. And that ability to come from behind. Even though we squandered a good lead with some real 1999-style clangers, we came back, 2000-style.

Go the Pies.

Anthony Rocca is having the best season of his career and I regard him as a serious danger to Bucks for the Copeland at this early stage. Some of his body work! Crrrrrrrrrrunch!

------------------
**floreat pica**

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 3:02 am

Alf: saw the A Rocca "report" for striking on TV. Don't think he's got too much to worry about. The defence will be that he was just spoiling the mark and Ellis' head got in the way.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 4:18 am

Alfy,

I reckon he should get off. He was going for the ball, anyway. At worst - he will probably get a week for being reckless.

Collingwood Forever !

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 4:46 am

Can I just say..GREAT GAME!! I didn't get to hear or see much of it because I had to go out.

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 7:08 am

Joel - get your priorities right. You just don't "go out" when there is a Collingwood game on.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 9:08 am

Sorry 2 Pies in Cairns. That usually is my priority! But this may sound pretty lame, I DID take a mini walkman and heard the last 10 mins and bits during the match.

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 10:23 am

Well it was great to watch on TV but it was sensational being there.
First impressions of Colonial, mixed.
Great viewing..I was on bottom deck right under the TV studio...great view, very close to the action, though I think I'd like to see level 2.
I like the idea of being able to walk around the entire perimeter once inside.
Took ages to get out and the walk across the bridge back to Spencer St was like the post Moomba walk following the floats in the old days. What a walk it was....about eight young Pies singing and chanting, started up the whole crowd so that it became a mass chorus heading towards Melbourne...boy were the Doggies supporters upset!
I had tingles running down my spine as I walked along behind enjoying every second.
Pie supporters looking not smug and arrogant, but wide eyed and almost child-like in the sheer pleasure of seeing their team play such irresistible, daring and dogged football, refusing to think they can lose; even when we were headed in the last I was just waiting for someone to spark us again and I just knew it would be forthcoming.
Richo played the best game I've seen him play, Willo at last getting some consistency, Bucks superb, Presti great until the second half; the half back line was great all night.
Sorry Foxy, but I didn't see anything to change my mind about Wazza last night.
At best, I see him as a rotational type, used to inject pace; his kicking is unreliable....he kicked a handy goal but that's about it.
Final assessment (I just can't help it):
Colonial good but give me The MCG any day.
We will lose a game in the next couple of weeks I reckon but it's going to be interesting to see how the recruits handle a loss....will they drop their bundles and cop a thrashing or will it be ,as I suspect, a fought out loss?
Next week is another big test....but wouldn't it be great to meet the Dons undefeated?
I can't wait for Anzac Day!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 11:45 am

Just watched the tape of the game. It was a good hard fought win, too bad we couldn't go on with the lead we had though. The team is great under pressure and I hope it continues. I think it would be great if Collingwood and Essendon met underfeated on Anzac Day. Make it happen boys!!!!

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
I@n S 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 6:22 pm

Well, Pinch me. This must be a dream. Firstly I would like to say that I think the Docklands its good. But I took us 2 trains to get there and the surface is not great. Love the seats with the legroom you have. Believe me I'm almost 6 foot 4 inches. So I know what its like to hate seating. We sat in Latrobe Street, gate 6 and Level 4, Aisle 25. So if you were sitting near me and you got a high 5 from someone you don't know, well it might have been me As the game goes, I was over the moon. Such a great team effort. Every player even if they didn’t stick like Bucks normally does. They played what if you play you know as the ONE PERSENTERS. Or talking of Bucks, I think he played better this game than he would have last year. Mostly because with him in the back line he was the go to guy when in defensive trouble. Now he’s being more productive with the ball, kicking the all-important 3 goals. Impressive tackling by all. Following up the good work from every game a week before hand. Willo was great and didn’t try to play for the free kicks even though I think some should have been called holding the man. But we all know he’s better on he run. Amazing in fact
Adkins and Josh are getting better every game they play.
A great team effort. I must say that I think we can win agaist North but Essendon will be a big test. Having saying that we lift agaist them on Anzac Day and looking back we should have won Anzac day last year.
Bring em on
!!!!GO YOU HOT PIES!!!!
Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 3:06 am

I was there.

Everything worth saying about this game has been said above.

The only lowlight of the night (I don't consider that DOG a lowlight - we laughed at the punciest sounding Bulldog ever all night) was the condition of my seat area: 1st row, top deck behind goals. Great view, apart from the railings (HINT: if you have a choice, sit in the 2nd of 3rd row of the top deck).

That wasn't the problem.

There was an inch-deep puddle through about 7 seats. We looked up and saw there was no way it could have been left-ver rain. When we went to complain about it, they sent one person with a small mop, no bucket. They looked at the pool and laughed, then went back for a real bucket and set of mops. Meanwhile we were told where the water came from.

Overflow from the toilets.

And about 10 minutes into the first quarter, it was obvious that a few doggie fans were sh*tting themselves, as our whole area began to reek. It was cleaned up at 1/4 time, but I had a real verbal assault fot he Colonial staff about the fact that
(A) this would NEVER happen at the MCG
(B) why wasn't it cleaned up well before the game?
(C) why didn't they send a clean-up crew when we first alerted them, about 30 minutes before the game?

Perhaps they've been reading this BB and are getting revenge for us calling it Colonoscopy - although it seems so much more fittong after this experience.

ANy way, NOTHING could detract from that magnificent, heart-killing, nail-down-to-the-bones-biting, never-say-die, we-stuck-it-right-up-em effort.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: