Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a massacre!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:05 pm

Fight and kill the filth.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:35 pm

Haff wrote:
This will be a massacre!

Thats confidence. Surprised Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:37 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Haff wrote:
This will be a massacre!

Thats confidence. Surprised Rolling Eyes

You know my philosophy on positivity…

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 am

Haff says it will be a massacre. I don't agree but on form, you'd have to pick Carlton. Someone asked, who has Carlton beaten? Well, they struggled against Richmond and Freo but they still won. Don't forget, in the last 2 years we struggled against some low sides but still found ways to win. Good sides do that.

They beat Brisbane after giving them a 7 goals start and critically they beat the Giants by a fair bit after trailing by 4 goals. They lost to Adelaide by going to sleep in the last 5 minutes and they lost to Geelong. That effort against Geelong was full of merit. Basically Geelong won because of straighter kicking for goal.

So, how does our form measure up to that? Poorly, in my view. The less said about the first 3 games the better. The wins against Brisbane and Port were very good. The game against Hawthorn was awful after half time. And Essendon? I'm not impressed. We would've won that game last year and the year before. In the end we were lucky to win. Kyle Langford who'd already kicked 4 goals missed from right in front.

My biggest worry for this Friday night is the midfield. Pittonet was brilliant against Geelong. Then they have Cripps, Walsh and probably Cerra. We have Cameron and De Goey. Even if JDG lifts for this big game as he often has in the past, he can't do it all on his own. Nick will be there from time to time but he'll be needed elsewhere. Mitchell had a poor game against Essendon but I don't think he'll be dropped.

So if, MacRae can get them up, if we keep up high pressure for most of the game, if JDG, Crisp and Howe find sudden returns to form, if Bobby Hill dazzles everyone with some goals and some good hand offs, if it rains, if if if.....too many iffs there! I don't see how we can win but the bookies think we're a chance so you never know!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:51 am

Pittonet may have been "brilliant" against Geelong - but Geelong do not play a ruckman. If Cameron and Cox can't destroy him, well ... we'd have to conclude that we don't play ruckmen, either.
DT 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:14 am

Just some food for thought.
Voss went hard against the players post-match. This was an interesting take as Scott clearly outcoached him.

McRae et al are a superior coaching team to Voss. They will need to be as Carlton has a more talented team.

One to watch.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:48 am

Pittonet is a good ruckman who can also play forward. De Konig is a good ruckman who can also play forward. Darcy Cameron is becoming a good ruckman who can't play forward. Mason Cox is unpredictable. With his height he'd be unbeatable if he had more mongrel in his game.

I think that our forward line can trouble Carlton's defence. That's provided we don't get smashed in the middle.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:24 pm

Early tip in the week.Pies keep it tight not like the last 2 rounds early on and in a away lock it in early on i think Pies win it. First 5 minutes will tell. Bring the intent from the get go and we win.Need pysical presence at the centre bounce like Mayanrd lets say.
Early tip Pies by 11 points.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:30 pm

Apart from the Cats, we are the only team undefeated in our last 4. That gives me a lot of confidence going into this week's game.

Carlton are beatable on the outside where they don't man up and rely on their inside game to break down the opposition. Against the Crows and the Cats they struggled to defend the loose ball. They came back late against the Cats when they dominated centre clearances - an area we need to lift on Friday night.

Changes for me:
Out - Sidey
In - Macrae (sub)

HH to be promoted to the starting lineup.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:07 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
"There must be changes - out Sidebottom" - you're so transparent. Laughing

I agree 100% with him. If Sidebottom gets a game after his mediocre ANZAC Day performance, I will spew up!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 pm

DT wrote:
Just some food for thought.
Voss went hard against the players post-match. This was an interesting take as Scott clearly outcoached him.

McRae et al are a superior coaching team to Voss. They will need to be as Carlton has a more talented team.

One to watch.

Can McRae and the coaching team take to the field to play Carlton? That's the only way we can beat them.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 pm

Winning out of the middle is key and short kicks and lower the eyes I’m done with these long lolly pop kicks to opponents
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:24 pm

There's a chance Jordan De Goey and Tom Mitchell may be out of the side this week.
See injury tracker report.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:33 pm

De Goey's groin injury, even if he plays, means he will be seriously impeded and unable to use his explosive bursts of speed. He may need 2-3 weeks of rest to fully overcome this. He is too important to risk further damaging his groin, so I predict he'll not play.

The Mitchell foot injury, confirms what I thought on the day, that he was subbed off against the Bumbers because he was buggered. He may require a few weeks off to fully recover also.

We have no choice now. Macrae must be reintroduced to the starting 22. I'd also bring back Markov to half back. I'd move Noble to the wing, move Sidey to the forward line, and play McCreery on the ball. Our only hope is that our other mids, in Pendles, Nick Daicos, Crisp, Macrae and Lipinski, all rise to the occasion and play out of their skins.

I hate to admit it, but given Jordy's injury, I expect the scum to win this one. My only wish is that we put up a good fight and don't get clobbered.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: