Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#15 Nathan Kreuger

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad for Kreuger. If there’s a viable MSD pick, could he be one forced into retirement?

I watched Fly’s presser and spewed. I shouldn’t have watched. He let slip Pendles was sore before the Hawks game. Why on earth did start the game? Why didn’t we give him a fortnight break and test out Richards, Sullivan or Harrison. It’s not clear to me that the Pies are making clear and smart decisions for the medium / longer term at the moment. Seems very short focussed to our detriment.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:14 pm

Kreuger isn't on my radar, you don't miss what you've never had.
think better 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:05 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
^K, Nathan Kreuger is the antithesis of Jack Crisp with respect to games records.
Into his 4th year on an AFL list with a total of 9 games, 7 for the CFC.
We need to get him to 10 games though so he can overtake 8 gamer Henry ' the not so smooth operator' Schade, and 9 gamers Andrew Tarpey, Bradley Pain and David King.

I can see the ten game banner now!

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:35 am

Young supporters should be excited that their generation gets their own Lee Walker.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:30 pm

Quote:
Nathan Kreuger has suffered a setback in his return and is set to miss a further two to four weeks. The 24-year-old had been cleared to play after recovering from the hamstring injury he sustained during pre-season but suffered a minor calf strain during training last week that will delay his return.

Source :
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1526617/injury-update-latest-on-pendleburys-ribs-forward-suffers-setback

^^ Nathan Kreuger another calf strain just on return from injury???
The odds don't favour so many injuries to one person and so frequent. I just can't understand it.
If someone dropped a banana skin somewhere in the rooms, Kreuger would find it and slip over and strain or break something.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:53 pm

Can't see Kreuger making it. His body can't stand the rigours of professional football.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:13 am

Kreuger is a real conundrum.
He is exactly the beast-like build we need to be a 'bookmark' for McStay.
However, as others have noted, the soft-tissue injuries are frequent and he has not had a good block of games to truly see what he might bring.
Given our dearth of tall, strong bodied players, he stays on the list for mine.
I hope that he gets back from this calf issue in a few weeks and strings together some VFL form before pushing for senior selection.
I would trial him at centre half back in the VFL to just allow the guy to run straight at the ball without the high energy twisting and turning a key forward has to do.
Hopefully, that gives him increased confidence in his form and body where he can launch into the AFL team.
I still have high hopes for what he can bring to our team- having watched him on the track, he lacks absolutely nothing in energy and desire to be the best he can be...

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:19 am

^^
Agree, I thought I was the only one here who thought the same. For the reasons you mentioned, Collingwood would be crazy not to have him on the list for at least another year and see what he brings to our team. I’m not of the negative mindset that says he will never be fit to play. Realistically and logically he has as much chance of being able to play as soon as he is ready. He is exactly what we need to put the cat among the pigeons at CHF.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:35 am

warburton lad wrote:
Kreuger is a real conundrum.

He is exactly the beast-like build we need to be a 'bookmark' for McStay.

However, as others have noted, the soft-tissue injuries are frequent and he has not had a good block of games to truly see what he might bring.

Given our dearth of tall, strong bodied players, he stays on the list for mine.

I hope that he gets back from this calf issue in a few weeks and strings together some VFL form before pushing for senior selection.

I would trial him at centre half back in the VFL to just allow the guy to run straight at the ball without the high energy twisting and turning a key forward has to do.

Hopefully, that gives him increased confidence in his form and body where he can launch into the AFL team.

I still have high hopes for what he can bring to our team- having watched him on the track, he lacks absolutely nothing in energy and desire to be the best he can be...

I strongly disagree, how long has Kruger been on the list now 3 years? And still yet to play any meaningful number of games.... Collingwood should have cut him last year... and here lies the heart of Collingwood's forward line woes...we chase the cheap short term ovwr 28 to 30 year old fix and we over pay.....rather than just stop spending future first rounds picks....lets actually bank some and try getting a young key forward or more than one.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:43 pm

Good morning Mr Derk D.
Kreuger was recruited aged 22- he is now 24 (turns 25 in June).
Whilst I agree that we desperately need at least one key forward, the reality is that there will not be one in the mid-season draft and that any kid we recruit in the National Draft later this year will be a few years off making an impact.

It pains me to think that at the end of 2021 season, Adelaide were hawking Taylor Walker around for bugger all and they had no takers.

He would be bloody handy right about now...

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:17 pm

warburton lad wrote:
Good morning Mr Derk D.
Kreuger was recruited aged 22- he is now 24 (turns 25 in June).

I stand corrected on age Lad, Kruger does have (to some extent) age on his side, I feel that the club and many clubs, have heard this record before....'young key forward' 'lots of talent' but cant stay on the park. It is the rate of injuries that is the worry for Kruger, to not be able to even string VFL games together.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:22 pm

^
All good Derk D...

Like all Pies fans, I would love to see Kreuger on the field (at any level).
If he had a solid block of six games in the VFL (unlikely given his very poor track record of remaining uninjured)- we would at least have some idea of whether he his worth a punt in the AFL.
It is worth remembering that Kreuger missed a slab of footy in 2022 and was parachuted into the Prelim Final up in Sydney- (admittedly, with little impact).

As I said- let's see what this lad can bring to the table...

Floreat Pica.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: