Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What are our chances for 2024?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think our chances are of winning the 2024 premiership?
Very good – we're in the box seat and will be hard to stop
28%
 28%  [ 30 ]
Pretty good – we should finish top 4 and still be in contention on preliminary final weekend, but hard to know from there
46%
 46%  [ 49 ]
Unsure – new season, everyone starts from scratch, and we're just one of many teams that can win it
19%
 19%  [ 21 ]
Not so good – expecting a premiership hangover and/or for other teams to pass us by
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 106

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

the comp is too even to be confident of winning the premiership, and you need some good fortune at the prelim and granny stage.
That being said, i don't think we have lost anything from last year in regards to list changes. Adams and Ginnavan were borderline best 22 players last year.
We will be a better team than we were last year. Will that be enough, time will tell.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:48 pm

Well based on the latest self inflicted news coming out of Melbourne re Joel Smith drug trafficking allegations, sounds like the Dee’s could implode even further this year and we’re going to finish above them at least.
Someone’s going to start asking questions about how long this is all been going on.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/02/20/smith-under-further-investigation-after-being-accused-of-drug-trafficking

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:56 am

was watching the 2011 prelim on foxtel last night - a reminder to me of how great that team was - Pendles and Sidey running around, and add Swannie, Daisy, Beams and Ball to that. Jolly in the ruck, Travis and Brown up forward, Andrew Krakeur and Didak, Tarrant and Reid, and they couldn't win it.

so, they are hard to win
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:01 pm

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Pies to go back to back.
Just can not see another 2010 and 2011 type of thing happening again.
2024 flag.

We have done it this year but alot more improvement to come in 2024.
kind of in the wheel house for another flag.

Other then that i see both GWS and lions been solid.
can not see blues making it a prelim to be honest.
Would not surprise me that Crows and Swans become the bolters in 2024.

But in 2024 Pies back to back is my tip

Quote:
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:53 am
Put simply we are just going through another false dawn we should be used to it
And in 2 years have new coach and regime
It’s catch 22
It’s like it’s 2018 and 2019 all over again
To be honest if sick to death to it

Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:00 pm

Darcy Moore names the Magpie that’s ready to step up as McStay’s replacement
Collingwood captain Darcy Moore thinks that Ash Johnson is ready to step up in Dan McStay’s absence this campaign after the key forward went down with a pre-season ACL injury.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/02/26/darcy-moore-names-the-magpie-thats-ready-to-step-up-as-mcstays-replacement/

Sidebottom lifts the lid on Collingwood’s unique approach in pursuit of back-to-back flags
...While everyone knows that Collingwood’s goal is to win successive premierships, Sidebottom says there’s been no talk about that internally as the Magpies instead focus on one simple message - getting back to work.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/02/26/sidebottom-lifts-the-lid-on-collingwoods-unique-approach-in-pursuit-of-back/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:08 am

Guys take note...
A few of our players are getting criticized on this forum for their performance in the pre-season games. What's it worth?
What more do you want? The stats that prove Daicos naysayers have no leg to stand on
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/02/28/what-more-do-you-want-the-stats-that-prove-daicos-naysayers-have-no-leg-to/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:38 am

I think a lot of the criticism came after the loss to North. Nicksters don’t like losing, especially to teams like North who are not highly rated. It was a reaction of frustration after an unexpected loss. But after the Richmond win, we move on to the real thing. The first game is tough as.
think better 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:15 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Guys take note...
A few of our players are getting criticized on this forum for their performance in the pre-season games. What's it worth?
What more do you want? The stats that prove Daicos naysayers have no leg to stand on
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/02/28/what-more-do-you-want-the-stats-that-prove-daicos-naysayers-have-no-leg-to/

Really liked this article. The way Naicos is increasingly tagged means he needs to win a lot of his own ball against a direct opponent.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:33 pm

Adams and Ginny of all the available to play in the grannie for mine were down the choice list & Jack did jack 💩
The player who got birth 23 (Lipinski) has regained 2022 form

But we must have some new blood capable of not just being in the 22 but playing major roles

Shultz will be a big inclusion

On the point of winning b 2 b that’s a big mountain

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:19 pm

The One Percenters 2024 AFL Season Previews: Collingwood
https://www.onepercenters.net.au/p/2024-afl-season-previews-collingwood

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:13 pm

Own the Moment in 2024
Owning the moments that make Collingwood iconic. However. Wherever. Together.
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1500786/own-the-moment-in-2024?videoId=1500786&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1709705713001

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:44 am

gurugeoff wrote:
the comp is too even to be confident of winning the premiership, and you need some good fortune at the prelim and granny stage.
That being said, i don't think we have lost anything from last year in regards to list changes. Adams and Ginnavan were borderline best 22 players last year.
We will be a better team than we were last year. Will that be enough, time will tell.

Within context of a top 4 finish, ponder if 2 of the 3 top spots are taken by an interstate side in 2024.
While double chances are exactly that, if a position between 3 > 5 is taken by another interstate side, that'll throw the cat amongst the pigeons with respect to home ground advantages for Qualifying and Prelim finals.
One for the trivia statisticians, but what is the most teams from interstate to have played finals in a given year?

Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:46 am

Excerpts from the SEN article (follows the Port victory).
Collingwood is evolving?...

Champion Data’s Daniel Hoyne isn’t jumping back onto the Collingwood bandwagon just yet, saying, “We’ve got to see a fair bit more”. Hoyne suggested that change is due to the competition putting plenty of work over the pre-season into figuring out how to dismantle the Pies’ system.

“I think teams have gone to work on them… what I want to do is give a fair bit of praise to this coaching staff to be able to actually adjust on the run and potentially just over pre-season as well knowing, potentially, that this is coming,” Hoyne continued. “They’ve now gone to an absolutely dominant forward half team in the competition, only Carlton are scoring more of the back of their forward half work.

“It’s their ability to be able to capitalise on their forward half turnover game that is so impressive. That’s what they were able to do against Port Adelaide on the weekend… we didn’t really see that component of their game last year, they didn’t need to given how good their ball movement was. “But we are seeing a different Collingwood team and that performance on the weekend was absolutely brutal.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/04/23/weve-got-to-see-a-fair-bit-more-champion-data-pumps-brakes-on-pies-but/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: