Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WA's First school shooting?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 11:20 pm
Post subject: WA's First school shooting?Reply with quote

https://www.9news.com.au/national/perth-atlantis-beach-baptist-college-two-rocks-teen-fired-gun/2c20837d-921b-484b-8fdf-eb98ba45fcc1

A teenage boy arrested after allegedly firing a gun in the carpark of a Perth school is believed to be a former student.
Just before midday, police were called to Atlantis Beach Baptist College in Two Rocks, in the city's outer northern suburbs.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 11:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other school shootings I could find in Australia..

Australia has seen only (??) six since 1991. Moreover, only two of Australia's shootings resulted in deaths, one death at La Trobe University and two deaths at Monash University. Australia's most recent school shooting occurred at Modbury High School in Adelaide on May 7, 2012. No one was injured.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 11:30 pm

I think we should be thankful every day that we live in a country where a story about a kid letting off a couple of rounds in the carpark makes headlines. I dare say it'd need to be a slow news day for that to even get a run in the US.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 8:06 am

^

Absolutely, 3 shots fired in a car park, no one injured, wouldn't get a mention.

But props to the teacher. According to a student in the article, as soon as the shots were fired the teacher told the kids to get under the desks and locked the door and windows.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 10:25 am

True David... we do only have 7% of the US population, which is probably a factor and obviously stricter gun laws. Still, it's only a matter of time until there actually is a mass shooting in a school here, it's inevitable.

They have over 5% of our population legally and illegally entering their country every year... imagine how many of those are hardened criminals.

My friend in California, who now works as security (armed) at a shopping mall tells me how saddened he is to watch his country turning from a first world country, to a third world country right before his eyes.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 12:27 pm

Skids wrote:
They have over 5% of our population legally and illegally entering their country every year... imagine how many of those are hardened criminals.

My friend in California, who now works as security (armed) at a shopping mall tells me how saddened he is to watch his country turning from a first world country, to a third world country right before his eyes.

Wow, "mass shootings are caused by too many Mexicans" is a new one to me. Shocked Sadly, I can see exactly how that works politically over there: just blame the dangerous Other and look away from the decades of dysfunction and political malevolence that have destroyed the country from the inside.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:15 pm

Majority of USA school shooters are white, and it’s not confined to ‘trailer trash’, it’s those with access to parents guns, so yeah, don’t blame the illegals
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 2:20 pm

^

Yep.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 3:01 pm

Talk about taking what I said out of context, but yeah, whatever floats your boat.

The point was, our population is but a mere speck compared to that of the USA, I also stated stricter gun laws in Australia. But, as our population grows and more lunatics get their hands on guns, a mass shooting, in a school happening isn't a question of if, but when.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:17 pm

Saw footage on the news of the arrest of this kid. Melbourne Midnight Tan (in other words whiter than snow) and wrists that go all the way to his shoulders. Skinniest arms I've seen on a teen boy, ever. Surprised the handcuffs didn't fall off.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 12:39 pm

Officers from the Major Crime Division have charged a 15-year-old boy following an investigation into an incident at a school in Two Rocks on Wednesday 24 May 2023.

The boy has been charged with:
• No Authority to Drive
• 3 x Unlicensed Person Posses Firearm/Ammunition
• Discharged a Firearm to the Danger of, or in a Manner to Cause Fear
• Possess Prohibited Weapon
• Unlawful Act or Omission with Intent to Harm

He will appear before the Perth Children’s Court on Friday 26 May 2023.

It is inevitable that we will see a rise in similar incidents in the coming years. The way the school system has changed over the last decade or so, with the number of 'special needs' kids continually on the rise, I can't see it panning out any other way.

The last kid Kelly had (he's in high school now) is a prime example. Poor parenting, his parents are 'pretty average' to put in nicely, fail to keep him properly medicated... like most parents of these kids, they don't see the obvious, or don't want to see it.
Wil not only strangled his guinea pigs, he hog tied the family dog and locked it in the shed, assaulted not only multiple students, but staff as well. The kid is a ticking time bomb and there are scores of them now put amongst the general school population... all in the name of being 'inclusive'.

It is a serious issue that there seems to be no plan to control.

https://www.afr.com/policy/health-and-education/adhd-costs-20b-a-year-are-we-over-diagnosing-it-20230426-p5d3ju

“More critical thinking is needed to protect children from being over-treated for ADHD,” says Professor Jon Jureidini, who leads Adelaide University’s Critical and Ethical Mental Health research group.

The guideline describes itself as “evidence-based” but Jureidini says only 12 of its recommendations are based on evidence, and the remaining 101 are based on opinion and experience.

“Of the 12 recommendations, nine have low or very low-quality evidence. The remaining three are based on evidence of moderate quality,” he says.

“We are worried that Australians, including parents of young children, will be misled into thinking these recommendations are based on solid evidence, when they are mostly the opinions of those who believe drugs, particularly amphetamine-type stimulants, are an essential part of treatment of ADHD,” adds Jureidini, a child and adolescent psychiatrist.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 2:40 pm

All I know about ADHD is that my 7 year old grandson was diagnosed with very high end ADHD. He's on slow release Ritalin, 1 tablet a day usualy around 9am.

Geez you can see the difference it makes when he stays over with me. From 6:30 am when he gets up til about 30 minutes after I give him his tablet, he's scatty as. No concentration, even when I take him for a morning walk to burn some energy he's strggling to not be all over the shop.

Once it kicks in, he's like a normal active 7 year old, only starts getting a bit scatty again around 4pm when it starts to wear off, but by then he's getting tired and is easy to manage.

He's doing really well at school but without that stuff, he wouldn't be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: