Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFLW Grand Final - Lions Vs Dees

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:46 pm
Post subject: AFLW Grand Final - Lions Vs DeesReply with quote

Lions will be the fave to take it out.

If the Dees lose, Harris will play in her fourth GF defeat, and second in 2022. This time She's up against her original team. She played as a Lion in the 2017 loss to Adelaide, as a Blue in the 2019 loss to Adelaide, as a Demon in the 2022 loss to Adelaide. And now faces the Lions in the second season of 2022.

Feels like the league will be hoping Pearce gets the trophy though. Then we'll get to hear about it all throughout the next AFL season when she's commentating.

Hard to pick who I want to win. Cant stand that Lions forward who thinks shes as big as LeBron James. But I really dont want to see the Dees and Harris win it. Stace was my fave player as a kid, so Lions it is I guess.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, unfortunately we saw the worst game of the year in the Grand Final.

The Lions looked like tearing the game apart early on. I thought they were going to go baserk and kick a huge bag. But they let the Dees keep their foot in the door and then they just kicked the two goals they needed to win. In fact, I'd say its more than the Lions lost it rather that the Dees won it.

Very disappointing.

What's worse is some in the media finding excuses for the low score and poor performance. "These are the 2 best sides", "The 2 best defensive sides".

Now, I support AFLW, and I would love to see Collingwood win this flag. And yes, I would take a low scoring, boring match, if it meant we'd win it. But can the media stop overselling it now? We're not fools. It was not an exciting game. It was an awful game. To be honest, I feel like Melbourne dont deserve the win and all the praise they're getting.

I would have much preferred the Lions win because I'm already sick of the over-praise for Pearce. Sure she's been great for the AFLW, but I dont know if I can go through a whole AFL season with her special comments and the mentioning that she is a premiership player every single time she says something.

I look at womens cricket. The WBBL Grand Final has also just been played. The crowd was great, the play was great. There was no over hyping or over selling the game. There was no commentators trying to convince us that this was an all timer.

I want the AFLW to be a great competition, but yesterdays pukefest was a step backwards imo.

On the bright side, Brisbane have now lost 3 Grand Finals and Dakota Davidson can finally shut the F up.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with all of the above Presti.

Watched the 1st half and thought that one of the teams would kick away in the 3rd qtr. Sounds like doing the grocery shopping was more exciting than the 2nd half.

I understand that Daisy Pearce is a pioneer of the women's game but the commentators dribble over her gets a bit much. Someone like Karen Paxman doesn't get the same praise but I think she is a more valuable player, just not marketable like Daisy.

Brisbane and Melbourne were the 2 best teams - all the finals went pretty much according to ladder position - but they are both high scoring teams, so I expected a close but higher scoring game. To have only 3 points scored in a qtr is dismal.

I am still not convinced the move to later in the year was a good one.
There was no 'clear air' competing against the men's finals series, T20 world cup, Melb Cup. And reduced access to grounds for finals and limited crowd sizes due to smaller grounds.

The AFL does not have a clear plan for where the women's game is heading and makes it up as they go along.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: