Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

North Melb, just WTF

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:54 pm
Post subject: North Melb, just WTFReply with quote

I dont think I've ever seen a club in this much despair.

North Melbourne report a profit of $819,000 for 2021. What will 2022 hold? If they've lost money, how are they going to get out of this?

2021 #1 draft pick Jason Horne-Francis in already unhappy and has already put contract talks on hold.

2020 #3 draft pick Will Phillips hasn't really come on and is struggling through a few injury problems.

In 2019, they only had three picks, all in the second round. Comben, Mahony and Perez. Are any of them coming on?

They fail over and over in signing a quality free agent. And they let it be known they're in the hunt.

Jared Polec has been a failure. Tom Lynch was a failure. Coleman-Jones
has played 4 games. Stephenson is in and out of the team. Ziebell is 31. Goldstein is 33. Cunnington is 30.

In the last 5 years they have finished 4th last, 9th, 12th, 2nd last, and last. They are on track to finish last again in 2022. They've won a total of 8 games in the last three seasons, with 9 games left this year.

They last played in a final in 2016 (a 62 point elimination final loss). They last won a final in 2015, where they made the Preliminary Final. (They also made the preilm final in 2014).

I have genuine concerns that this club wont exist in ten years time. How can they get out of this?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Another horrible stat for North Melbourne is 6 wins in the last 51 matches. That's a winning percentage of 11.76%.

They remind me of Melbourne 2012-2013 during the Neeld years. I think intervention from the AFL might be the only way they get out of this mess.

The discussion about them relocating to Tasmania will inevitably emerge.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:36 am

Read my mind, said this on the weekend, surely it’s the only way they survive? AFL won’t help them if the remain here
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:01 am

AFL want them to fail so they can fold them/merge them into another NSW or QLD team. Tasmania’s only on the radar because of pressure from their government and big fish in the footy world like Eddie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: