Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^Are you in the will or something? Ar$e-saving action years too late from those at the centre of a dire bottom-of-the barrel culture and no-go destination club who have communicated nothing but passing grimaces to constituents for years does not decisive action make.

And no, a bloke you know nothing about, Graeme Wright, is not a new saviour born of the loins of the board to work miracles in evidence of some mysterious competence they've hidden all these years. Let Wrighty prove himself without burdening him with raising the dead and delivering the board from the consequences of their shambolic record.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:06 pm

^ i'm just calling bullshit on anyone accusing the board of not making a decision.

70% of Collingwood supporters wanted Buckley gone and the current board delivered that.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:20 pm

^And the scientific name for the Gouldian finch is Erythrura gouldiae — just throwing that in now because people might get it wrong some time.

But on the topic that matters here, your point makes things even worse: it tells us they're spineless ar$se savers who lack direction and can't make serious leadership decisions until they're pushed by an angry mob, which in administrative terms is years too late to steer the ship safely away from the rocks, let alone chart a successful course. And that's exactly what the record shows, so who's surprised?

The annoying thing is we don't know enough about Browne's platform, either, because the incumbents' clown show makes anything seem preferable.

Any word on the EGM numbers yet?

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:49 am

Any updates? Google searches aren't coming up with much.
Magpie Phil Virgo

magpie phil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:31 am

The Turtle has posted the following on another site.
Thank mate for all your hard work. Truly amazing.

The Turtle.
I'll set the record straight for transparency.

Last Friday, I and another member the EGM petition group held a meeting with a couple of Collingwood board directors.

We discussed a number of matters in relation to fan engagement, membership issues, social club, board tenures etc. All the things so many of you were unhappy about.

These directors gave us some frank feedback in regards to things that have occurred over the last few years and explained the numerous changes that have, are and will occur in the future at Collingwood.

Obviously for stability and continuity reasons this current board doesn't want an EGM.

In my position as leading this group I have been exposed to so many people involved at Collingwood over the last few weeks including past players, past directors and members from all categories all with differing views about an EGM.

I have been absorbing all these views and with the current situation of needing to appoint a new coach it was my belief and even some others within the group not to push on with EGM as its a critical time for the club to nail this decision.

All along I have said I didn't want burn Collingwood down, but have open dialogue with the club to get the best for all at Collingwood.

I'll state this here for record I trust Paul Licuria and Peter Murphy implicitly.
There's no way these two extremely fine gentlemen would've leaked this meeting to Caroline Wilson and jeopardise the very good plans we had worked on to drive better fan engagement, better connection between members and players/coaches and provide more election terms more often to give members more of a voice.

Well congratulations to the rat, I'm walking away from all this.

All I ever wanted a better environment and a successful club.

For those who believed me, thanks you for your understanding, friendship and loyalty.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:34 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Wright would have discussed / recommended to the board that Buckley would not be re-signed

The Board would have ratified that recommendation

Buckley was told and decided to stand down after Monday.

I can't see how that's not decisive action by the Board on the future of the coach.

Because it's all speculation and 'would haves'

How about this:

Buckley asked Wright if he had the support of the board, and wasn't given a decisive answer. Reading the tea leaves, he decided to step down

OR Wright said he didn't have the support of the board, but could choose to coach the rest of the year out if he wanted

Is that "decisive action"?

Soudie 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:53 am

Magpie Phil, I'm not quite clear. Does this mean the request for an EGM won't be proceeding? I'm sure the many many many signatures to the action will be disappointed - after all I suspect that it was signed in the expectation that it would be requested not that he would have the ultimate power as to whether to submit it or not. Seems he might just be guilty of the very thing members are wanting - a say in what's going on and who represents us.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:01 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Wright would have discussed / recommended to the board that Buckley would not be re-signed

The Board would have ratified that recommendation

Buckley was told and decided to stand down after Monday.

I can't see how that's not decisive action by the Board on the future of the coach.

Because it's all speculation and 'would haves'

How about this:

Buckley asked Wright if he had the support of the board, and wasn't given a decisive answer. Reading the tea leaves, he decided to step down

OR Wright said he didn't have the support of the board, but could choose to coach the rest of the year out if he wanted

Is that "decisive action"?

Wait a minute... there are some crossed wires here - I could have sworn I heard on the day it was announced on SEN them saying something to the effect of Bucks would coach to the bye, but wasn't given the choice of coaching on for the rest of the year? I could obviously have misheard but I don't think I did. Anyway.. doesn't matter now...

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:04 am

I think you’ve got it all wrong. What’sinaname has it right. Wright would have decided not to extend Buckley’s contract and the board would have ratified the decision. Otherwise you have to ask the question what is Graham Wright doing at the club.

On the subject of the board I think all the Collingwood members want is transparency. Instead of rushing to fill the latest vacancy on the board what is the problem with a postal ballot of members with the board providing a list of candidates to vote for? Personally I’m losing interest in the prospect of an EGM. Why can’t we have new elections next year? Give Mark Korda a year in the job. Jeff Browne can nominate for president then. By that time the members will have a better idea what platform Jeff offers. Also I don’t agree there needs to be a clean sweep out of the board. We need to have continuity with the board moving forward but we also need to give the opportunity for members to vote in new board nominees. It’s simply unacceptable we haven’t had any elections to the board in over 20 years.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:31 am

It’s all a bit odd. If Hately said he was stepping down for health reasons, I’d actually believe it.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:35 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
It’s all a bit odd. If Hately said he was stepping down for health reasons, I’d actually believe it.

'Hatley'

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:48 am

I was worried all along that he/they would get overawed or sweet-talked by Korda and co. Fingers crossed that this doesn't mean the end of the EGM, merely Hatley's participation (if he is, as he says, "walking away").

edit: good news – seems it's still going ahead:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pies-member-walks-away-from-egm-push-but-bid-not-over-20210617-p581qi.html

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:11 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

'Hatley'

Sorry, autocorrect. I guess it saw me posting on Nicks and decided I should be negative lol

Good to see the EGM is still going ahead — or rather, the pressure is still being applied. Member pressure is vital. The club’s in this mess because the elite protected their own asses and got complacent and comfortable.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:50 am

David wrote:
I was worried all along that he/they would get overawed or sweet-talked by Korda and co. Fingers crossed that this doesn't mean the end of the EGM, merely Hatley's participation (if he is, as he says, "walking away").

edit: good news – seems it's still going ahead:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pies-member-walks-away-from-egm-push-but-bid-not-over-20210617-p581qi.html

Thank mercy for that. The idea that you reward the incompetent administrators who turned us into a bottom-of-the-barrel no-go-destination club with still more confidence so they can apply that appalling track record to choosing a coach is surrealist farce.

"Step back, folks. You know how bad their judgement is already; don't go pressuring them and making things worse."

Last edited by pietillidie on Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:56 am

What'sinaname wrote:
70% of Collingwood supporters wanted Buckley gone and the current board delivered that.

Have you got evidence for this statement about 70% or is it made up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 110 of 182   

Jump to: