Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley = Renew or Sack?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Buckley be renewed or sacked?
Renewed
30%
 30%  [ 36 ]
Sacked
70%
 70%  [ 84 ]
Total Votes : 120

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an everchanging landscape and at this point, my vote is NO contract renewal and NO sacking.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:41 am

Atthis point I’d take that,if it means we get Clarkson by waiting. I mean the year is $%$ed anyway!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:12 pm
Post subject: Re: 🍉🍎qa😮Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Lazza he was rubber stamped, they never did any due diligence with Buckley.

Eddie most likely started thinking it up as Nathan's hammies were exploding... look how quick Nathan went from being a former player to head coach.

It was a terrible romantic idea filled with zero actual real substance, he was given a premiership squad and it nosedived (and no... no more excuses... 2011 was our best ever h&w season... ever).

The whole thing was concocted by Eddie, and he's the real villain here.

The succession plan was put into place by Eddie and I supported it 100%. It excited me that my second all time favourite Magpie (after Greening) was going to coach the club. I was not to know that it wouldn’t bear fruit. I don’t see Eddie as the villain, he always had Collingwood’s best interest at heart. The facts are facts. 5 frigging points and a truly rotten umpiring non-decision cost us a flag. A bit of a stretch to paint Eddie as the villain. It was incompetent umpiring at the end to blame, even the AFL admitted this.

So much blind delusion...
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 2:47 pm

Lazza wrote:

Eddie most likely started thinking it up as Nathan's hammies were exploding... look how quick Nathan went from being a former player to head coach.

It was a terrible romantic idea filled with zero actual real substance, he was given a premiership squad and it nosedived (and no... no more excuses... 2011 was our best ever h&w season... ever).

The succession plan was put into place by Eddie and I supported it 100%. It excited me that my second all time favourite Magpie (after Greening) was going to coach the club. I was not to know that it wouldn’t bear fruit. I don’t see Eddie as the villain, he always had Collingwood’s best interest at heart. The facts are facts. 5 frigging points and a truly rotten umpiring non-decision cost us a flag. A bit of a stretch to paint Eddie as the villain. It was incompetent umpiring at the end to blame, even the AFL admitted this.

Lazza I want to make this clear, we all know Eddie thought he had Collingwoods best interests at heart and maybe he did... but it just didn't work out that way. The bottom line is it was a romantic fantasy.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 2:52 pm

^The umps didn't cost us. Everyone who rolls this out is forgetting Howe dragging the ball back in right in front of the Eagles sticks. Should have been a free kick and certain goal. And memories of some of the howlers we made seem to have been lost. We played one great quarter, well 90% of one, and then the Eagles got on top after that. We nearly hung on, but didn't. Would have stolen it really if we'd won.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 2:54 pm

The other thing Lazza is - can't you see the club needs hope and a breath of fresh air - we're never going to get that with Nathan, and certainly not during a rebuild (if it was his 1st maybe... but its very far and away from his 1st) - jump on board, its not Nathan's fault... he is a legend of the club, but some things are bigger than individuals.. and this is one of them.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Lazza wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
I have repeatedly stated that to make an informed decision, I need to know who the confirmed candidates are... So I will continue to support Bucks until the options appear in public. Then I will make a decision.

You/we aren't going to be consulted. So you might as well speculate/wish along with the rest

I know my valued opinion will not be sought😉 It’s about knowing just who is available so that I can decide who I want or don’t want to coach Collingwood.

Let's not be delusional.

I reckon you know your footy quite well, no need for me or the forum or the media to tell you as we have mentioned plenty of names and names you know quite well.

Who would you like to see coach Collingwood?

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:27 pm

Lazza wrote:

The FACT is that Bucks was 5 goals up, on his home ground, in front of his home supporters and he failed to deliver.

(as for me, can't split Carmen and Daicos - OK Daicos by a Bee's D)...

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:54 pm

The other thing Lazza is - can't you see the club needs hope and a breath of fresh air - we're never going to get that with Nathan, and certainly not during a rebuild (if it was his 1st maybe... but its very far and away from his 1st) - jump on board, its not Nathan's fault... he is a legend of the club, but some things are bigger than individuals.. and this is one of them.

Yeah, I have been dragged whinging and whinging towards the light😥 I concede that changes need to happen to hasten the time for Collingwood to rebound. I so want that to happen. Sadly Nathan has to go for any changes to be validated.😟 So be it because the end of this process will justify the means. For the sake of future success, I will join the supporters that have the club’s best interest at heart. Go ‘pies.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:02 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
I have repeatedly stated that to make an informed decision, I need to know who the confirmed candidates are... So I will continue to support Bucks until the options appear in public. Then I will make a decision.

You/we aren't going to be consulted. So you might as well speculate/wish along with the rest

I know my valued opinion will not be sought😉 It’s about knowing just who is available so that I can decide who I want or don’t want to coach Collingwood.

Let's not be delusional.

I reckon you know your footy quite well, no need for me or the forum or the media to tell you as we have mentioned plenty of names and names you know quite well.

In no particular order, one of Clarkson, Boyd, Lyon, Carecella, Hocking (either) Adam Kingsley, Sam Mitchell and Burns.
My dark horses are Jaimey Graham and Danny Dayley

Last edited by Lazza on Fri May 14, 2021 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:08 pm

Lazza wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Let's not be delusional.

In no particular order, one of Clarkson, Boyd, Lyon, Carecella, Hocking (either) and Burns.

There you go...that's a pretty good 'availability' list...

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:16 pm

Lazza wrote:

Yeah, I have been dragged whinging and whinging towards the light😥 I concede that changes need to happen to hasten the time for Collingwood to rebound. I so want that to happen. Sadly Nathan has to go for any changes to be validated.😟 So be it because the end of this process will justify the means. For the sake of future success, I will join the supporters that have the club’s best interest at heart. Go ‘pies.

Good man. Just let it be known - everyone respects Nathan, but this isn't about respect, its about the club.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:34 pm

I've seen the light also.

I want Bucks to be given a 5 yr contract extension, so we can finally put to bed all this contract bullshit, which has dogged his time as coach, against the background of an incredibly destabilised football department. I'm hoping that Wright will provide the stability and support Nathan needs, and allow him to build a new team with all these promising kids currently on our list. Everything I have seen suggests the players are on board with Bucks, so the club needs to be very strong in its support, and put to an end once and for all, all this questioning of his coaching credentials.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:27 pm

didick wrote:
^The umps didn't cost us. Everyone who rolls this out is forgetting Howe dragging the ball back in right in front of the Eagles sticks. Should have been a free kick and certain goal. And memories of some of the howlers we made seem to have been lost. We played one great quarter, well 90% of one, and then the Eagles got on top after that. We nearly hung on, but didn't. Would have stolen it really if we'd won.

Its all about the narrative; that way you can convince yourself a loss is actually a win.

Classic Collingwood trait, going right back to 1970, if not longer....if only Mckenna wasn't K.O'd , we win...if only old mate hadn't knocked Tuck's block off, we win...if only Tommy didn't train them so hard, we win....if only Harmes had been called out of bounds, we win....if only Malthouse hadn't played injured players, we win.

I imagine other clubs that have a poor premiership record do the same thing, lets face it, an unkind bounce two years in a row robbed the Saints of back to back flags.

Somehow I doubt its like that at Glenferrie
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:30 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I've seen the light also.

I want Bucks to be given a 5 yr contract extension, so we can finally put to bed all this contract bullshit, which has dogged his time as coach, against the background of an incredibly destabilised football department. I'm hoping that Wright will provide the stability and support Nathan needs, and allow him to build a new team with all these promising kids currently on our list. Everything I have seen suggests the players are on board with Bucks, so the club needs to be very strong in its support, and put to an end once and for all, all this questioning of his coaching credentials.

And then what Rudey? After 5 years I mean? Flag or the door?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 16 of 45   

Jump to: