Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WE WILL win our 16th Premiership in 2020!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:07 pm
Post subject: WE WILL win our 16th Premiership in 2020!Reply with quote

My first post for the new year, back on deck after my usual hiatus, so thought id start with a positive thread ! At least I got your attention, hey,? Look im not sure if we can win it actually, but having said that, I just think If we can for once, for bloody once, have a fairly injury free season, win a few tough games against top Opposition, and other sides implode around us, and we finish top four, I don't see any reason why we cant go all the way. If we hit peak form a the pointy end of the season, as the Tigers did last yr, we can indeed go all the way,the bitter disappointment of last two yrs, may just be the tonic we need to indeed win our 16th Flag.

Thoughts ? Very Happy Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:32 pm
Post subject: Re: WE WILL win our 16th Premiership in 2020.!Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
My first post for the new year, back on deck after my usual hiatus, so thought id start with a positive thread ! At least I got your attention, hey,? Look im not sure if we can win it actually, but having said that, I just think If we can for once, for bloody once, have a fairly injury free season, win a few tough games against top Opposition, and other sides implode around us, and we finish top four, I don't see any reason why we cant go all the way. If we hit peak form a the pointy end of the season, as the Tigers did last yr, we can indeed go all the way,the bitter disappointment of last two yrs, may just be the tonic we need to indeed win our 16th Flag.

Thoughts ? Very Happy Surprised

I’m with you. I have a good feeling about this year. If we do well without injuries then the world is our oyster.

Go Pies

Steak Knives 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I'd love for it to be true but I've heard it all before. We're not going to have a good run with injuries as its just never the case, and the GF loss in 2018 was supposed to be the "tonic" that we needed, and we couldn't even beat a hobbled GWS side. We've made no changes to the team that'll make any significant difference, unlike the other teams around us, while yes I believe we're good enough to beat anyone on our day, we don't have many of those "days". I'm sorry but I just can't see it happening.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:04 am

Steak Knives wrote:
I'm sorry, I'd love for it to be true but I've heard it all before. We're not going to have a good run with injuries as its just never the case...

Yes, every year for the last eight years posters have kept saying "if we have a good run with injuries". I don't know how they can keep doing it! It makes me cringe.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:47 am

With the exception of 2000 every other 'naught' year for the past 60 years we have played in a Grand Final:
1960 v Melbourne
1970 v Carlton
1980 v Richmond
1990 v Essendon
2000 -
2010 v St Kilda

So, it bodes well for us to at least make it. However, the result going our way doesn't trend as well.... Crying or Very sad

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:14 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
With the exception of 2000 every other 'naught' year for the past 60 years we have played in a Grand Final:

Yep Abdul, I've been aware of that trend too since I first noticed it before the 2010 GF. Also, our last two premierships have been won in October, not September!!! Wink

I agree too with K and Steak Knives. There is no reason to hope that we will have a 'good run with injuries", because as far as we know, the club has done zilch to address the problem. Mad
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:03 pm

Agreed, let's not even bother turning up. Would just be a waste of time and effort for all concerned

Abdul The Bull wrote:
With the exception of 2000 every other 'naught' year for the past 60 years we have played in a Grand Final... However, the result going our way doesn't trend as well.... Crying or Very sad

On the contrary, we haven't lost a GF in a nought year for 4 decades!

Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:11 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
1960 v Melbourne
1970 v Carlton
1980 v Richmond
1990 v Essendon
2000 -
2010 v St Kilda

So, it bodes well for us to at least make it. However, the result going our way doesn't trend as well.... Crying or Very sad

Yeh, plus I think, 1910 and 1930, just saying, Surprised

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:13 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:

Yep Abdul, I've been aware of that trend too since I first noticed it before the 2010 GF. Also, our last two premierships have been won in October, not September!!! Wink

I agree too with K and Steak Knives. There is no reason to hope that we will have a 'good run with injuries", because as far as we know, the club has done zilch to address the problem. Mad

So, PP, my lad, that begs the $64 question, how in the name of all that is holy, how do we somehow, somehow,stop having so many mass injuries every frigging season ????? HOW ????? Surprised Confused

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:51 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
So, PP, my lad, that begs the $64 question, how in the name of all that is holy, how do we somehow, somehow,stop having so many mass injuries every frigging season ????? HOW ????? Surprised Confused

This question has never been discussed here on Nick's, or anywhere else

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:55 pm

Just making the top 8 will be a miracle
K 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
With the exception of 2000 every other 'naught' year for the past 60 years we have played in a Grand Final...

That was just the Millennium Bug.

But we need to fix the GF Bug. And the Injury Bug. And Illness Bug (which the Collingwood Board in private affectionately calls the "Bug Bug").
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:04 pm

Nup Richmond have won this year’s premiership already
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:14 pm

They like to come up and surprise richmond
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:40 pm

90 nice wrote:
Nup Richmond have won this year’s premiership already

Doubt it, they were shit lucky with injuries again last year, all their stars aside from Rance came back, right on cue, they have a lot of luck with injuries long term the tigers, but that cant last. it has to end. Plus they ran into a very lack lustre GWS way outa their depth,buggered after playing one hell of a tough PF against us, plus, we were injury riddled ourselves, the tigers would have been very wary meeting us fully fit with their nemesis Mason Cox out too. Their luck will run out this season, I would bloody well hope so, cant stand the arrogant bastards, like all of us. Rolling Eyes Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: