Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hot Roddick

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:53 am
Post subject: Hot RoddickReply with quote

ANDY Roddick is in hot form and gives himself a big chance in the US Open after a 6-1 6-3 triumph over David Nalbandian in the Masters Series final in Montreal yesterday.

Roddick was impressive at the recent Wimbledon championships, reaching the semis before going down to the rampaging Roger Federer.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Roddick takes lead in ATP Champions Race

August 18, 2003 Yahoo Spoorts

Andy Roddick jumped atop the calendar-year ATP Champions Race on Monday after winning a second straight tournament.

Roddick beat Mardy Fish 4-6, 7-6 (3), 7-6 (4) Sunday at the Cincinnati Masters for his fifth title of 2003, tied with Wimbledon champion Roger Federer for the tour lead.

Roddick moved from fifth to first in the Champions Race standings, which are based on the four majors, the nine Tennis Masters Series events, and a player's other top results.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:56 am

Andy Roddick won the U.S. Open, defeating the new World #1, Juan Carlos Ferrero.
----------------------------------

Roddick wins US Open
September 8, 2003

ANDY Roddick won his first Grand Slam title, firing 23 aces and 46 winners past Spain's Juan Carlos Ferrero for a 6-3, 7-6 (7/2), 6-3 victory in the US Open men's singles finals.

The 21-year-old American climbed into the stands at Arthue Ashe Stadium in the moments after his victory, sharing a congratulatory hug with his family after fulfilling his life's dream with the triumph.

In a battle of overpowering serves, Roddick used a forehand winner to deny Ferrero on a break point in the third game of the first set, then broke him in the next game and went on to claim the first set with an ace after 28 minutes.

Neither man mustered a break point in the second set, setting up a tie-break in which Roddick sent a forehand wide to give Ferrero a 2-1 lead.

But Ferrero fired four errant forehands in the next five points and Roddick finished the set with a forehand winner to seize control of the match, their first.

Ferrero saved three break points in the sixth game and Roddick rescued a pair in the seventh game. But in the eighth, Ferrero committed his first double fault of the match to hand Roddick another break and he served out to win in one hour and 42 minutes.

Fourth seed Roddick won his 19th match in a row, the longest streak on the ATP tour this season, and is 27-1 since a Wimbledon semi-final loss.

Roddick is 37-2 since joining forces with new coach Brad Gilbert after a first-round French Open exit.

Joining Stefan Edberg as the only former US Open boys champions to win the men's crown, Roddick became the eighth different Slam champion in as many events, matching the longest such streak in Slam history.

i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:46 pm

Congratulations A-ROD! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
i hope its replayed on foxtel.. stupid school Sad

luv jess

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:19 pm

What kind of music do you like?
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:31 pm

Fish saves Roddick's blushes
From correspondents in Bratislava, Slovakia
September 20, 2003

US Open champion Andy Roddick crashed to an embarrassing defeat to Dominik Hrbaty overnight as Slovakia gained an early edge in their Davis Cup World Group play-off.

Hrbaty won 3-6 6-3 6-4 6-4 to register his first win over the American.

But Mardy Fish came to the rescue as he fought back from a set down to level the tie at 1-1 when he defeated veteran Karol Kucera 4-6 7-5 7-5 6-1.

Roddick's defeat broke his 19-match winning streak, although all of those wins had come on hard courts while the American struggled on the clay.

"I had great success with my serve in the first set but this surface is rather slow," said Roddick.

"The balls kept fairly low and I didn't know how to adapt."

There was no sign of the drama to come in the first set when Roddick fired down seven aces on his way to a 6-3 win in just 24 minutes.

Hrbaty broke at the start of the second set and then built up a lead of 3-0, 4-1 and 5-2 before taking it at 6-3 after 29 minutes.

The third set was tense with Roddick hitting numerous wayward shots on the clay courts of the new Bratislava Tennis Centre and Hrbaty was the stronger winning it 6-4.

Roddick saved four match points in the eighth game but he was unable to prevent Hrbaty from serving out the set and the match after two hours and seven minutes on court.

"I was completely committed in this match," said Hrbaty.

"Roddick had a chance towards the end but I was successful in breaking his service and that was the key to my success today.

"He didn't play his best tennis while my performance was excellent."

Fish too seemed to be heading for defeat when he trailed 6-4 5-5 to Kucera.

However, a power cut led to a 30 minute stoppage as officials remedied the fault and when the players returned, Fish was reborn, winning in three and a half hours.

The United States will be confident of making it 2-1 when brothers Mike and Bob Bryan face Karol Beck and Michal Mertinak in the doubles.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:18 pm

Chilean bludgeons Roddick
From corresponents in Madrid - Fox Sports
October 17, 2003

ANDY RODDICK's chances of snatching the world No.1 spot are still alive despite the second seed's 7-6 (7-3) 6-2 third-round defeat by Chile's Nicolas Massu at the Madrid Masters today.

The US Open champion suffered a bludgeoning at the hands of Massu, who brushed aside the favourite in 1hr 20mins.

Shell-shocked Roddick found himself pondering his first defeat on the ATP Tour since losing to Britain's Tim Henman in the semi-finals at Washington more than two months ago.

"I was out there competing, I just didn't have my best stuff today, he stepped up and played well," said Roddick.

"There was not much I could have done."

Roddick's run of form had taken him to titles in Indianapolis and the last two Masters Series on back-to-back weeks in Montreal and Cincinnati.

The 22-year-old then steamrolled the field to win the US Open over Spain's Juan Carlos Ferrero, currently atop the rankings – but only just.

Swiss Roger Federer, also in the mix for No.1 honours with this week, two more and the end-of-season Masters Cup still to play, saw off another American Mardy Fish 6-3 7-6 (7-4) to move into the last eight.

"I don't know what I need to do for No.1," said Federer.

"If I go further than Ferrero or Roddick here it increases my chances.

"But I'm the guy who has the smallest chance, I'm third in the world, not first or second."

Other seeded winners today included French No.6 Sebastien Grosjean, who eliminated American Vince Spadea 6-3 6-2m while Thai seventh seed Paradorn Srichaphan whipped another American, Jan-Michael Gambill, 7-5 6-4. "I was hitting the ball well, I'm having a good hardcourt season," said Paradorn, Tokyo semi-finalist last month and Bangkok quarter-finalist.

"I have a lot of confidence right now."

The Asian ace executed his traditional "wah" bow to the Spanish crowd after his 48th victory of the season, achieved through nine aces and 25 winners against the American.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:21 pm

MAGFAN8 wrote:
Fish saves Roddick's blushes
From correspondents in Bratislava, Slovakia
September 20, 2003

US Open champion Andy Roddick crashed to an embarrassing defeat to Dominik Hrbaty overnight as Slovakia gained an early edge in their Davis Cup World Group play-off.

Hrbaty won 3-6 6-3 6-4 6-4 to register his first win over the American.

But Mardy Fish came to the rescue as he fought back from a set down to level the tie at 1-1 when he defeated veteran Karol Kucera 4-6 7-5 7-5 6-1.

Roddick's defeat broke his 19-match winning streak, although all of those wins had come on hard courts while the American struggled on the clay.

"I had great success with my serve in the first set but this surface is rather slow," said Roddick.

"The balls kept fairly low and I didn't know how to adapt."

There was no sign of the drama to come in the first set when Roddick fired down seven aces on his way to a 6-3 win in just 24 minutes.

Hrbaty broke at the start of the second set and then built up a lead of 3-0, 4-1 and 5-2 before taking it at 6-3 after 29 minutes.

The third set was tense with Roddick hitting numerous wayward shots on the clay courts of the new Bratislava Tennis Centre and Hrbaty was the stronger winning it 6-4.

Roddick saved four match points in the eighth game but he was unable to prevent Hrbaty from serving out the set and the match after two hours and seven minutes on court.

"I was completely committed in this match," said Hrbaty.

"Roddick had a chance towards the end but I was successful in breaking his service and that was the key to my success today.

"He didn't play his best tennis while my performance was excellent."

Fish too seemed to be heading for defeat when he trailed 6-4 5-5 to Kucera.

However, a power cut led to a 30 minute stoppage as officials remedied the fault and when the players returned, Fish was reborn, winning in three and a half hours.

The United States will be confident of making it 2-1 when brothers Mike and Bob Bryan face Karol Beck and Michal Mertinak in the doubles.
What is your favorite song?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: