Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

RESULTS - Weekend Cricket

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:55 pm
Post subject: RESULTS - Weekend CricketReply with quote

Each week I intend to post a match report of my cricket teams performance.

I love my cricket, and I understand that most of you might not pay much attention to this.

I do the write-up each week for the newspaper, and that is what I'll post here for those interested.

If anyone else that plays wishes to post their results here feel free, I would like to know how you are all going.
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:56 pm
Post subject: Henty Colts Vs Holbrook - Saturday 11th October 2003Reply with quote

The Holbrook and District Cricket Association season commenced on Saturday with the Henty Colts taking on Holbrook in the B-Grade.
Henty Colts won the toss and bowled, and managed to restrict Holbrook to 108. John “Muzza” Murray and Josh Kleine took the new ball and were unlucky early with a few difficult chances going down. The initial breakthrough came in the 12th over when Mark Lister ducked under a full toss from Kleine that somehow managed to bowl him for a well compiled 17.
Muzza then managed to claim the next two wickets, before Dean “Bumnut” Gardiner came on and had Brock Houlihan caught well in the covers by Greg Schuller, leaving Holbrook 4 for 57 at drinks.
Holbrook pushed the score along to 72 before Steve “Pezzo” Hallam and Muzza claimed 5 for 7 in the next 5 overs, leaving Holbrook in trouble at 9 for 79. Billy Herriot then came to the crease and along with young Scott Lister put on 29 for the last wicket, before Dave Handson had Herriot caught by Schuller.
Bowling Figures for Henty Colts were: John Murray 15 overs 4 for 33, Josh Kleine 8 overs 1 for 27, Dean Gardiner 4 overs 1 for 13, Steve Hallam 8 overs 3 for 23, Greg Schuller 5 overs 0 for 11, Dave Handson 0.1 overs 1 for 0
Henty Colts then had 24 overs to bat with Steve “Wishbone” Lieschke and Greg Schuller opening the innings. Wishbone only managed to last three deliveries before being bowled by Ben McLellan for a duck, leaving the Colts 1 for 0.
Dave Handson came in at No. 3 and looked good until McLellan managed to brake through his defences bowling him leaving Henty 2 wickets down. Pezzo and Schuller managed to steady the innings pushing the scoring rate along until Pezzo was unluckily bowled for a well compiled 21. Muzza and Schuller then saw out the day’s play with Schuller 23 not out and Muzza 9 not out.
Greg Schuller was deservedly winner of the player of the day award, with his four catches and composed batting performance.
Henty Colts will resume next week on 3 for 70, requiring another 39 runs for victory.

Gobbles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: