Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dustin Martin - In trouble again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boot 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:24 am
Post subject: Dustin Martin - In trouble againReply with quote

It will be interesting to hear what KB says about Dustin Martin now that he has offended everyone with threatening behavior against a woman on a drug induced outburst on Saturday night.
Lots of momentum building to have him sacked by Richmond which I think is excessive but it is a distraction no club would be happy about.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to see how hard Caro goes at him.
Swan has done nothing nearly as bad in the last 5 years and yet she has a crack at him every chance she gets.

FWIW - I dont think he should be sacked. Should get a significant penalty though. Fairly gutless act by itself, worse that it was against a female.

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:52 am

Many years ago, a top sports player disgraced himself in similar fashion in Canberra. A delegation approached someone I know and asked what should we do with him.

That person asked where is the furthest away from Canberra? The reply came: Townsville.

So the very next year the star played in Townsville.

Bit of a problem with sending the Richmond man to Perth, given the problems that the Weagles have had...
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:10 am

MJ23 wrote:
I really want to see how hard Caro goes at him.
Swan has done nothing nearly as bad in the last 5 years and yet she has a crack at him every chance she gets.

FWIW - I dont think he should be sacked. Should get a significant penalty though. Fairly gutless act by itself, worse that it was against a female.

In reality, Caro is reknowned for not shitting in the Tigers nest.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:38 pm
Post subject: Re: Dustin Martin - In trouble againReply with quote

Boot wrote:
It will be interesting to hear what KB says about Dustin Martin now that he has offended everyone with threatening behavior against a woman on a drug induced outburst on Saturday night.
Lots of momentum building to have him sacked by Richmond which I think is excessive but it is a distraction no club would be happy about.

KB believes Martin should get a 12 month ban Shocked

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/afl-2015-kevin-bartlett-believes-richmond-should-ban-dustin-martin-for-12-months-after-restaurant-altercation/story-e6frf3e3-1227637489860

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:36 pm

What a Moron. He never Learns
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:25 pm

Jezza wrote:
Boot wrote:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/afl-2015-kevin-bartlett-believes-richmond-should-ban-dustin-martin-for-12-months-after-restaurant-altercation/story-e6frf3e3-1227637489860

Wish KB would take a 12 month ban from media and whatever AFL committee he is on this week. Talk about bringing the game into disrepute!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:36 am

David wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Boot wrote:

Wish KB would take a 12 month ban from media and whatever AFL committee he is on this week. Talk about bringing the game into disrepute!

and Put in a Home for him to never get out

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:53 am

David wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Boot wrote:

Uh huh, KB. Is over the top here,

But what's your opinion? What kind of personal responsibility should Dustin Martin take?

Very interesting thread on this in big footy, some very scary views.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:30 pm

I think Martin should face a punishment of some kind within the club but a 12 month ban is excessive in my opinion. I think a short ban from playing football (possibly a month) and making him attend a help service for alcohol-related issues would be far more useful and constructive.

In the process Richmond has to say he's on his final chance if he steps out of line again. That in my opinion will show whether Martin is committed to the club and his career.

If the woman concerned is going to press charges against him then I'd rather the justice system deal with it and determine the outcome of the case whether he's guilty or not.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:18 am

Why should the members of Richmond and the team suffer. I said as much when Heater and Didak were punished although that was for lying and the 10 dollar bet was way out of proportion for any alleged "crime". Let the Police handle it and the courts decide if a punishment is warranted.Why should he be punished by 4 different bodies if you include the media.

And before people start saying they are highly paid men so what? They are paid what the market will bear and in many cases.are sent to these events by the club to appease some sponsor. A club they probably had no say in going to in the first place.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:42 am

ronrat wrote:
Why should the members of Richmond and the team suffer. I said as much when Heater and Didak were punished although that was for lying and the 10 dollar bet was way out of proportion for any alleged "crime". Let the Police handle it and the courts decide if a punishment is warranted.Why should he be punished by 4 different bodies if you include the media.

And before people start saying they are highly paid men so what? They are paid what the market will bear and in many cases.are sent to these events by the club to appease some sponsor. A club they probably had no say in going to in the first place.

Oh I totally agree. I also agree with those sponsors if they feel these kind of indiscretions hurt their brand and decide to walk away with their sponsorship dollars. The way "take off 5" walked away from us. And then of course I'd agree with the club taking action against the moron who cost them those dollars, dollars that if lost could mean they can't afford the player anyway! Ah, we've come full circle. It's called personal responsibility, it's not his first indiscretion by a long shot. It's time he grew up! And it's not just a little thing now. Maybe he's about to get the wake up call he needs.

As for the bet, yes it certainly sounds out of proportion. Now add a few zeroes to the amount bet. Say 10,000 or maybe 100,000. Changes a lot. Whether we like it or not, it could be seen as game tampering, and that's a whole new, well, um, ball game!

The only person to blame here is Dustin Martin. And he is the tool both the club and the supporters should be angry with.

After all, it's just a game, and that woman lives with that moment of fear forever. Maybe next time the well paid moron, and indeed, the moron who works collecting trolleys who likes to pull this kind of stunt, thinks twice before slamming his hand into the wall next to someone's head, and threatening to firstly stab them (have you never seen a karate movie? That chopstick to the eye is deadly)' and then threatens to kill them.

Don't punish the team or the supporters by taking games off him, but I'd back the leadership group handing down punishment along the lines of "no drinking for however long", some kind of community penance to benefit the club, and the club giving him a public warning to appease the sponsors.

Because like it or not, the big dollars he earns for having the luxury of kicking a ball for a living, (yes I know they are expected to live in the gym and not eat crap, blah blah blah, pay me to do that, oh man I'd behave!) the big dollars will disappear from the game along with the disgruntled sponsors. And that's the business end of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: