Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A couple of records you wouldn't want

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:13 am
Post subject: A couple of records you wouldn't wantReply with quote

I was reflecting on Luke Beveridge being named coach of the year for 2015. Not a bad effort to get your bunch of perennial also-rans into the finals, I suppose - lots of games at the silliest football ground in the universe notwithstanding.

However, in order for him to be more than a footnote to the long list of coaches who have brought (very, very temporary) hope to the Western Hopeless, he'll have to deal with the following records:

Most games played since winning a Grand Final: Footscray (1,327)

Most games (all time) played without appearing in a Grand Final: Bernie Quinlan (366), Brad Johnson (364), Doug Hawkins (350), Chris Grant (341) (with Smith, West, Round and Dempsey also in the top 11).

At what point does a "poor run" become a "poor era" and when does a "poor era" become a "poor epoch"?
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I would call it a poor epoch!

I want to know when will the AFL realise this club is a joke?
They need to get rid of them, merge with someone else or cease to exist & stop wasting everyone's time.

They're shit western suburbs scum, always were, always will be!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:29 am

Gees you've turned into a nasty negative poster.

The Western Bulldogs are needed around here. Sunshine, braybrook, parts of Footscray, there is a lot of heartache and need in those areas, and the Bulldogs give them something to bring them together. A lot of (legal) migrants and refugees, good to see them getting into footy colours, gives them something to help them belong.

I often go to the Bulldogs club for lunch, it's a great place.

There is only Geelong and the Bulldogs and then The essendrugs over this side of town, maybe dissolve something over your side. Better yet, send the snobby bastards from Eltham to a war torn country to help out with the refugees, they might not be so up themselves.

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:50 am

ANNODAM wrote:
I would call it a poor epoch!

I want to know when will the AFL realise this club is a joke?
They need to get rid of them, merge with someone else or cease to exist & stop wasting everyone's time.

They're shit western suburbs scum, always were, always will be!

In the past 24 seasons we have made the finals 12 times. That's the same number of times as the Bulldogs. We also picked up one wooden spoon each in that time. Thank god for 2010, as that flag is the saving grace for our club.
Remember how it wasn't that long ago that Hawthorn & Melbourne sought a merger. I'd prefer Hawthorn moved to Tasmania permanently.
I work in the western suburbs and yes heaps of people follow the 'Dogs. As for them being scum...well I don't know the last time you visited Footscray, Seddon, Yarraville or Williamstown? Hardly scum. I'd rather live in any of those places over Eltham.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:55 am

^ Mate, I was born & bred in the west & I lived there for 27yrs, all my schooling was in Footscray.
My family still reside in Seddon & Maidstone.
I'm pretty sure I know the west far better than you!
And the beauty of growing up in the west & being an ethnic, we ended up buying houses, one after the other at a bargain price!

If you like living & working in Scum sniffing industrial shit, go ahead that's your call, I prefer to live in leafy Eltham thanks & don't even try convincing me you feel safe walking through the Footscray Mall!

Oh & it's just recently that they cleaned up Willi & Altona Beaches, growing up going to those beaches every Summer, they both stunk like a sewer!

With my investment properties which I rent out to stupid people who pay a small fortune to work & live in a shit area, I can't wait for the day when I sell to the right goose!

Ka-ching!

Live in Footscray, as if!

LOL!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:07 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
^ Mate, I was born & bred in the west & I lived there for 27yrs, all my schooling was in Footscray.
My family still reside in Seddon & Maidstone.
I'm pretty sure I know the west far better than you!
And the beauty of growing up in the west & being an ethnic, we ended up buying houses, one after the other at a bargain price!

If you like living & working in Scum sniffing industrial shit, go ahead that's your call, I prefer to live in leafy Eltham thanks & don't even try convincing me you feel safe walking through the Footscray Mall!

Oh & it's just recently that they cleaned up Willi & Altona Beaches, growing up going to those beaches every Summer, they both stunk like a sewer!

With my investment properties which I rent out to stupid people who pay a small fortune to work & live in a shit area, I can't wait for the day when I sell to the right goose!

Ka-ching!

Live in Footscray, as if!

LOL!

It's really sad you feel the need to look down on others to build your self esteem. It's not your relos stuffing up Footscray Mall is it?

I've lived here for the best part of 40 years, and I love it. Hardly any traffic, 15 min to the Westgate on a good day, 45 to the MCG on match day, the beaches in both willi and Altona have been beautiful for years, walking along the esplanade is a magnificent experience, it's just gorgeous. You can park free, within a 10 min walk to the beach, even at the most crowded time.

The suburbs around here are getting updated at an amazing pace, it's even spreading to Brooklyn and Laverton. There are some beautiful old homes in Footscray, getting updated, stuff you just can't build now. It's not the same.

Eltham is nice, enjoy it, but it sad you feel the need to shit on where you came from. And you are just so wrong. Yes there are parts of the western suburbs that have real financial hardship, and social problems. But they are still people.

There's scumbags in every suburb, just ask your neighbours.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:38 pm

It's a pity this has degenerated into an argument about the Western Suburbs.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's a pity this has degenerated into an argument about the Western Suburbs.

true, i apologize for my part in derailing your thread,

however some times you got to fight when your a man!

cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: