Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Goodes retires

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:02 am
Post subject: Goodes retiresReply with quote

Not overly surprised that he called a end to it all. Seems football has become secondary to his life direction
2 brownlows
Games record holder at the swans
Couple premierships
Hope things work out after football for you
Also media let's not make this about anything other than a older player calling time on his career. His best is behind him but he was still competitive to the end leave it at that. Give him the same attention any other retiring player gets on grand final day. This weeks media should be about the 4 remaining teams
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I said in the Match thread:

Pies4shaw wrote:
Adam Goodes just kicked a goal with what's likely to be his last AFL kick. A wonderful player and a brilliant career. The record will show that in his final game he played a key forward post all night, had 15 kicks and took 10 marks, as well as kicking 2 goals.

I was very sad to see him finish up and wish him all the best for his retirement. There haven't been many players who could do what he could do on a football field.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:07 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Pies4shaw wrote:
Adam Goodes just kicked a goal with what's likely to be his last AFL kick. A wonderful player and a brilliant career. The record will show that in his final game he played a key forward post all night, had 15 kicks and took 10 marks, as well as kicking 2 goals.

I was very sad to see him finish up and wish him all the best for his retirement. There haven't been many players who could do what he could do on a football field.

Yep P4S but Gerald Wheatley just said he told his team mates he won't be carried off the ground, he also told the Swans he won't be attending Brownlow dinner or grand final day or any official event involving AFL. Sounds like he is really bitter about the game or its governing body.
I hope he doesn't come out and bag the game that has provided him so much. I hope he finds a positive way to work with those involved to better the practises for all players not jut indigenous
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:26 pm

^ I guess he'll do what he feels he needs to do. If he feels aggrieved, rightly or wrongly, then he's entitled to express that. You can't expect the media to pretend that everything's good in the hood if it isn't.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:54 pm

David wrote:
^ I guess he'll do what he feels he needs to do. If he feels aggrieved, rightly or wrongly, then he's entitled to express that. You can't expect the media to pretend that everything's good in the hood if it isn't.

Exactly David he's entitled to feel anyway he wants I just don't think the media should put the finals coverage on hold to make this the main story line over the next few weeks.
As I said previously I hope he finds a positive way to express he's feelings and work with the AFL to improve things.
One individual shouldn't be the biggest story this time of year no matter who or what the story line may be.
I hope he finds peace and happiness in retirement.
His last game showed he is a great of the game still and should be remembered as a great player not anything else
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:42 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Pies4shaw wrote:

Yep P4S but Gerald Wheatley just said he told his team mates he won't be carried off the ground, he also told the Swans he won't be attending Brownlow dinner or grand final day or any official event involving AFL. Sounds like he is really bitter about the game or its governing body.
I hope he doesn't come out and bag the game that has provided him so much. I hope he finds a positive way to work with those involved to better the practises for all players not jut indigenous

As always, it's all about Adam. Went out in straight sets and had some horror plays when it was still on the line.

BOOOOOOOOOO.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:53 pm

Great Player who divided the Community. Would be a great Politician along side Abbott.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Nah, just a great player, period. Would have killed to get him in a black & white jumper.

Let's be blunt - he played 100 more elite games than Buckley. That's no mean feat.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:01 pm

Buckley had to shine in fairly hack teams fora long time, Goodes had plenty of support , makes a difference
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:52 pm

I've never liked Goodes but nevertheless congratulations to him on a great career.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:11 pm

he knows he will get boo'd on grand final day lap of honour, so he going on 'holiday' instead
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:17 pm

also, did anyone see Goodes flop against Thompson, loved how Thompson then got stuck into him calling him a weak dog (which he is). Goodes then kicks him in typical fashion.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:07 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
also, did anyone see Goodes flop against Thompson, loved how Thompson then got stuck into him calling him a weak dog (which he is). Goodes then kicks him in typical fashion.
Yep, the reaction was gold. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: