Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thread splits

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
PS: Good job David, but your avatar sucks. Do you take bribes? I'll change mine if you change yours.

Hmm, if the current avatars are any guide, I'd say David's firstborn is cuter than yours, Tannin. Yours does have more hair, though. But please tell me it was bottle fed!

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:30 am

Morrigu wrote:
I have no desire to moderate a forum ta very much - I have enough trouble dealing with the the medical and nursing "professionals" face to face day to day!

However if you feel the need as moderator to split threads then you need to acknowledge that the thread has been spilt and that this is where the topic originated from - that is surely not too much to ask.

That's a constructive suggestion.

David, overall you're doing very well with what is a tough gig. Some folks will always get snooty with you, in part because they hate some young so-and-so having any jurisdiction over them. Certainly, most folks could not do the job better than you, and most would be blissfully unaware of the back-end complexities of running a board as big as Nick's.

Experience modding communities is also an excellent complement to your study/work in new media. There is a heck of a lot of research going on into how to more effectively manage online communities because these things are now so central to our lives.

Keep up the great work; it's a major contribution to Nick's that all you mods make.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:58 pm

No problem with splitting threads providing there are "disclaimers on the first post". It may seem a little trivial but I just think it's the considerate thing to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: