Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Varcoe may join Collingwood in three-way deal

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MAY-Z wrote:
Wokko wrote:
I'd rather take the pick. Varcoe just seems like a list clogger. Good enough to get a few games but doesn't add all that much. I'd prefer honest triers make up the fringe and depth rather than flashy squibs. You want your flashy squib to be elite.

What surprises me is that crisp gets written off because he didn't play enough games for a seemingly poor side, yet varcoe plays most games in a better side than us and he is also written off

Yep, doesn't make much sense. He's a solid pickup at worst and fills a need.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:23 pm

MAY-Z wrote:
Wokko wrote:
I'd rather take the pick. Varcoe just seems like a list clogger. Good enough to get a few games but doesn't add all that much. I'd prefer honest triers make up the fringe and depth rather than flashy squibs. You want your flashy squib to be elite.

What surprises me is that crisp gets written off because he didn't play enough games for a seemingly poor side, yet varcoe plays most games in a better side than us and he is also written off

you were expecting rational opinions?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:41 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
MAY-Z wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Wink

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:06 pm

MAY-Z wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Knowing what we'll get with Varcoe and wanting more is not quite writing him off. He may well offer some short term gain but unlocking the talent of a high 2nd round pick could deliver us a 10 year 200 game elite player. Beams and Elliott were taken at that level in drafts.

And I don't think too many are writing off Crisp, just questioning if he's appropriate compo to augment picks 5 & 25 for Beams.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:30 pm

swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
MAY-Z wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Wink

Facts though are indisputable. Varcoe has been consistently picked in one of the best sides we've seen. This suggests he'd be in most, if not every, team's best 22. That alone makes him at least a decent signing. The other side of the coin (getting pick 23) assumes that Melbourne would give it up and asks us to move away from our goals at the start of the trade period.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:12 am

E wrote:
John Wren wrote:
someone who played 23 games in a team that performed better than us. as always, the fullness of time will be the final arbiter. time to get around someone who wants to play for us.

so ask yourself - why are the Cats ditching him?????

they're not diitching him but i do not know the inner workings of the cats so it could be any number of reasons varcoe is considering moving.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: