Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Will Faz Return to the Backline?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd degree wrote:
I think the reason why Faz gets into the side is his disposal,it is very good and he has a strut in him which is good. I agree though Chapman was killing him earlier. He is a work in progress down back and is a natural forward. But for mine the lad is too classy to leave in the VFL.

+1
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:09 pm

This is my (possibly harsh) analysis of Faz thus far:

Strolled into a GF side which was blitzing everyone at the time and was full of stars who helped him play well. Thought 'how easy is this AFL caper' has all the tricks and the ego to boot but can definately back it up on his day. I reckon many of us saw him as the new 'Dids'. Loves the big stage, big grab, big goal but like many of that ilk needs to develop his defensive side of his game. Suddenly the second year kicks in, other sides become more aware of him, injuries hit and the reality that even the very best only prevail through hard work. He's obviously a good bloke as he seems popular with his team mates and possibly the flashiness doesn't sum up the real bloke. I reckon the long term plan is for him to be a first line midfielder. The guy has so much skill that I'd be very disappointed if he didn't get there. Work on his defensive side and his tank and get his body right and get the pill a bit more often then he's an A grader for sure but history has seen plenty of those so there's no guarantees.

Lots of 'ifs' bit IF it all comes together thru sheer hard work look out!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Damien wrote:

Strolled into a GF side which was blitzing everyone at the time and was full of stars who helped him play well. Thought 'how easy is this AFL caper' has all the tricks and the ego to boot but can definately back it up on his day. I reckon many of us saw him as the new 'Dids'. Loves the big stage, big grab, big goal but like many of that ilk needs to develop his defensive side of his game. Suddenly the second year kicks in, other sides become more aware of him, injuries hit and the reality that even the very best only prevail through hard work. He's obviously a good bloke as he seems popular with his team mates and possibly the flashiness doesn't sum up the real bloke. I reckon the long term plan is for him to be a first line midfielder. The guy has so much skill that I'd be very disappointed if he didn't get there. Work on his defensive side and his tank and get his body right and get the pill a bit more often then he's an A grader for sure but history has seen plenty of those so there's no guarantees.

I don't necessarily disagree, except that there's an underlying assumption that he's been lazy and not fully committed to getting the best out of his obvious talent. That may be correct, but it's also very likely, that he has simply suffered from a series of foot and other injuries over the last 2 years, which have prevented him from playing to his potential. I like to think he'll return very soon and get better and better as he gets games under his belt.
roar 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Definitely comes into the back line when ready, I reckon. Was good and will only get better with more time. I'd have him back there all year.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:00 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Damien wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree, except that there's an underlying assumption that he's been lazy and not fully committed to getting the best out of his obvious talent. That may be correct, but it's also very likely, that he has simply suffered from a series of foot and other injuries over the last 2 years, which have prevented him from playing to his potential. I like to think he'll return very soon and get better and better as he gets games under his belt.

Wasn't really suggesting he was lazy or not committed, Just that it came pretty easily for him initially. Still yet to see anywhere near his best I reckon.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Damien wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Damien wrote:

Wasn't really suggesting he was lazy or not committed, Just that it came pretty easily for him initially. Still yet to see anywhere near his best I reckon.

Agreed.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:12 pm

Has all the traits of an on-baller who will kick a lot of goals I reckon
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:18 pm

I'd like to see Faz played as a forward, but take a leaf out Elliott's book who becomes an extra mid ranging all over the ground, but has a handy knack of getting back in time to become a forward target.

I know Faz doesn't have the speed of Elliott, but if they limit him from roaming too far past the centre, his foot skills for delivery when required are more than a bonus, and we know he can present and kick goals.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:39 pm

He's class all the way and was impressive down back in the games he played.

His physical attack and tackling looks to have improved out of sight in the limited game time he's had and his ball use and one touch skills are just exquisite.

Get over his injuries and give him an extended run and he'll develop into the top class player his talents should allow him to be.

When fit he's a must for our side.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:51 pm

was thinking fas finally found his spot, it was the making of him. backline forever
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:53 pm

fas needs to be forced to tackle and chase and it will hurt him but it will make him....always loved good footskills on a player especially coming out of the backline. lock it in eddie
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:45 am

^ Bucks said on SEN earlier this year that he was playing Fas down back in part because of necessity with Oxley, Broomhead, Sinkers, Seeds etc being unavailable but also to enhance his defensive side and unlikely he will end up playing out his career there.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:55 pm

I think the experiment will continue for the time being
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: