Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sick of..

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

mandy wrote:
Donny wrote:
The 'Changes for the Dogs game' thread was locked at the same time as the Pre Match for the Pies v. Dogs was opened - give or take a few seconds.

But you locked "Changes for the Cats game" with no "Pre Match for the Cats" game in sight....? Confused

And gave valid reasons.

After being asked, repeatedly, not to post 'Changes for the next game' just minutes after the last game finishes, DTM did exactly that.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Why not just start a "Pre match" thread for the next week immediately after the game (at the same time as the post match thread)? Even though people don't know who will be out (due to injuries etc), surely people can still discuss possibilities?
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Yep. That looks like the way to go, Joel.

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Kudo's for this weeks game/post game modding.
Threads appeared on players or incidents during the game and are still there. Threads also appeared after the game, which in weeks past would have been rolled in to the mess that is the post game thread, and are still there.
All this and the forum didn't blow up into a million bytes.

Reminds me of how it used to be. Long may it continue.
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Donny wrote:
Interesting.

I merge threads and get complaints about having to 'trawl through countless pages' to refer to something.

The Pre Match thread's OP contains info about the game - start time, venue, the selected team (added about 6.30 on Thursdays) etc. If I merge, as you suggest, the OP (with this info) would be found somewhere after page 3 or 4.

Perhaps, if I add the link from the 'Changes for the next game' thread, members would be happier. (Done)

It would also help if the 'Changes' thread was started sometime later than shortly after the just completed match, as has been the case, recently, to allow for injury reports, suspensions etc.

David, re. the other sentence, I appreciate your concerns and will PM you.

Just a suggestion...

The most recent example (I take it you will be familiar to what I am referring to)... there were 8 or so posts in the thread that you locked.

You then created a brand new thread with zero posts...

With all due respect, a bit of discretion in realising that it would have been better to merge on this occasion is all that was needed.

On this occasion, you didn't do that and you also did not include a link to to the locked "Changes for the next game" thread - as you claim you will do in the quoted post above.

Donny, in the end - the way you are managing the weekly threads is positive in the sense that you are aiming for a consistent, consolidated thread each week.. however there are lost posts and repeated information when not done right.

Cheers,
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Donny,

Upon further consideration - I realise that you are faced with suggestions and criticisms from every angle, as everybody has different preferences. And of course, you can't please them all, nor should you try.

My original suggestion (the one you deleted), was a minor point. As you noted, I have been on the board for a while, however my exposure to the Mods and to the GF forum as a whole has been quite limited, so I do apologise for unnecessarily providing a critique in what was an unstructured manner. I now know better for the next time.

Appreciate your work.
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:12 am

Thanks, K.

This next game for us is a little different as it's a fortnight break. I thought I'd leave the Pre Match for a few days because of - however unlikely - the possibility of a suspesion or two from the Dees game.

A 'Changes v. West Coast' thread was way premature, being started shortly after the game finished.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: