Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

this Board is a lot tamer than it used to be.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

frossmode wrote:
I got two cards this week for being an honest and sweet poster. Someone had to come in with a broom and sweep up some of appalling dribble on here and i was that man. I've been singled our for unfair treatment by the gestapo. Let me at em.

Did you go and upset DTM again?
frossmode 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:39 pm

5150 wrote:
frossmode wrote:
I got two cards this week for being an honest and sweet poster. Someone had to come in with a broom and sweep up some of appalling dribble on here and i was that man. I've been singled our for unfair treatment by the gestapo. Let me at em.

Did you go and upset DTM again?

Dave who? lol. Mate a more honest and fair bloke(me) you could not wish to meet. It is a slur on my good name and impeccable reputation in our community that i have received the card of death. As i stand here today, hand on heart i give you my solum vow that i did not abuse DTW. Apparently it was someone else but i have forgotten who as thats the importance it holds to me.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:06 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
As a 10 year or so veteran of this site, i must admit in my early days i loved delivering a prod or two and seeing how the posters would react....

I even ran the weekly "Banner Time" thread some of you may remember, full of some of our more creative posters piss takes on the opposition we were playing that week.....

Now, i more or less just look at Nick's daily to see what the news is at the club. Generally, if something happens or is about to happen, i'll read it on Nicks before reading it on the mainstream news sites!

Everyone is so touchy these days it's hard to take a good old fashioned swipe at someone like we could back in the day Smile

maybe i should start banner time again.... or at least search past banner times and have a nice little giggle at the jokes about Ben Cousins, Fevola and banner time's all time favourite.... Milne!

Shocked

Bring it back.

the only reason it was canned was that it was competition to the actual banner thread. Since that was canned and Ed writes the banners, BRING BACK BANNER TIME.

I suggest a free "get off a yellow" for the weekly best entry, Buckisgod will make a killing selling them to people and as his agent (he may not recall signing the contract but he did) I'll be more than pleased Razz

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Do you run for exercise?
E 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:18 pm
Post subject: Re: this Board is a lot tamer than it used to be.Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
E wrote:
i notice that a number of people have one and sometimes 2 yellow cards, presumably for being mean to other posters or otherwise inappropriate.

I'd be interested to know how long ago the last yellow card was handed out because it feels like everyone plays by the rules these days.

How do you know?

bottom right hand corner of each post
Dragme 

Screaming.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:25 pm

The board has no doubt become tamer since the invite registration codes came about. Not a bad thing really, as I suppose new posters are traceable to someone that invited them onboard.

Wasn't there a clearing out of all yellow cards a couple years ago?
Kind of like a governors pardon?

I don't see what the problem is really.
2 yellow warnings and third time you are off.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
As a 10 year or so veteran of this site, i must admit in my early days i loved delivering a prod or two and seeing how the posters would react....

I even ran the weekly "Banner Time" thread some of you may remember, full of some of our more creative posters piss takes on the opposition we were playing that week.....

Now, i more or less just look at Nick's daily to see what the news is at the club. Generally, if something happens or is about to happen, i'll read it on Nicks before reading it on the mainstream news sites!

Everyone is so touchy these days it's hard to take a good old fashioned swipe at someone like we could back in the day Smile

maybe i should start banner time again.... or at least search past banner times and have a nice little giggle at the jokes about Ben Cousins, Fevola and banner time's all time favourite.... Milne!

Shocked

Bring it back.

the only reason it was canned was that it was competition to the actual banner thread. Since that was canned and Ed writes the banners, BRING BACK BANNER TIME.

I suggest a free "get off a yellow" for the weekly best entry, Buckisgod will make a killing selling them to people and as his agent (he may not recall signing the contract but he did) I'll be more than pleased Razz

you know Stui, some of the stuff we used to get away with on some of those banners, whilst very funny, probably wouldnt be received all that well these days! I guess it's a sign of the changing times!

I recall some pearlers about Milne, Cousins, Fev et al...

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:12 pm

I reckon my mate Fat Boy holds the record. He was banned once. Served his time. Came back on and was gone again within hours. Laughing

At least you did it for the right reasons Fat Boy. You stuck it up the smarmy VPT Leftists Cult. Razz

Jonesy.jpeg

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:47 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:

Shocked

Bring it back.

you know Stui, some of the stuff we used to get away with on some of those banners, whilst very funny, probably wouldnt be received all that well these days! I guess it's a sign of the changing times!

I recall some pearlers about Milne, Cousins, Fev et al...

One way to find out, kick it off again and see what happens.

It either takes, dies though apathy or attracts a shitstorm of criticism. All fair opotions.

If you do kick it off again, I'm in. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: