Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AUSTRALIA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:27 am
Post subject: AUSTRALIAReply with quote

I've been thinking lately that I'm not sure that the Australian side is that good - more that the others are that bad!

In previous years, I have thought our side was excellent (with the Waughs and Warney), but it seems to me that our team isn't as good as in the past, just that the other teams haven't come on as well as they probably should've and that is why we are still winning. For instance, South Africa, Pakistan and India, previously our biggest threats, can't seem to get anywhere close even when only our lesser-lights are playing. So I think that it's not that we're getting better but that the others are getting worse!

Your thoughts?

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the aussie side is very good so that when the opposition has a poor half hour in each innings like in last ights game, we make them pay. The Aussies have much more talent than the rest and much more heart.

I don't the the oppisition is any worse than previous years, I think we're just that bit better.

Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:57 am

I agree with Kristin on this one, its not that we have a great side, its just that no other team as the abilty to beat us.....

RIP Bobby Rose Snr
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:48 pm

Nope I don't agree we are just too damn good that's all I have to say! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Bartros Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:00 pm

Mrs Tarrant what drugs have u been taking.. Did u even watch the match last night. You are disgrace, take of you aussie supporters hat for one moment and have a think about it.

Austraila is not has powerful has it once was. If the Kiwis should of killed us last night!!! That kill me for saying that but they should of!!!!

RIP Bobby Rose Snr
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:12 pm

This present Aussie team is a joy to behold!

They make oppositions look second class.

Our gutsy performances against England and NZ have the the distinct look of 'great team' about them.

Great teams play well, and win, under pressure. The Aussies can do this as well as destroying an opposition by batting first and piling on the runs.

Every man in this team plays his heart out for his country and team-mates, every game, but within a very professional setup. The players work hard and the leaders make good decisions.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:15 pm

Bart, The Aussies crushed NZ last night!! Did you watch the game?
Bartros Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:23 pm

Yes I did see the game last night!!! I am paying the price now Laughing If AUSTRALIA dident use bully boy tactics they would not of won on Friday night!!

RIP Bobby Rose Snr
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:39 pm

Hey I think you're all missing my point! I did not intend this to turn into a "bagging Australia" thread. I am the last person to bag them - I am a very proud and patriotic Australian and support any sport my country is represented in.

All I meant was that I think this team is not as good as that of 1999, when the likes of Stevie, Marky Mark, Warney (I guess the more well known and recognised 'stars') were playing. And when I think the standard of the competition was generally higher than it is now. So, in summary, I just think that the standard of performance has now dropped but ours just hasn't dropped as much as the others...my opinion only! And I think this drop in standard stems from the match-fixing scandal, from which cricket is still yet to recover.

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:40 pm

Currently the Australian side look unbeatable with the likes of Warne, Dizzy and you can even throw in the Waughs on the sidelines. But the reality is Hayden, Ponting, Gilchrist, even bloody boring Martyn are in the best form of their lives and careers ... and the bowlers too ... whenever Bichel gets a chance he takes it!!

Lee is getting better and better and Mcgragh is the best in the business. I see one big differnece is that australia has clearly got the best depth in the world and theoz tailenders appear to bat better then some sides openers!!!! If oz bowling is poor the batsman make up for it. If the oz batting is poor the bowlers come in and do the job. If they both click, they just end up spanking sides, like they have.

Australia will not lose a match, not because no-one can compete but because they are the best by a long way in all compartments. This does not mean the other sides are getting worse at all. Infact if you look around the world, SA are a very strong side with some great players. I wont go through each side but with names like LARA, TENDULKAR, FLEMING, FLOWER, BOND, JAYASURAYA, ATTTAPATA, GANGULY, VAUGHAN, HOOPER, AKHTAR, WASIM, LITTLE CHUCKER ... ETC ETC

World cricket is fantastic. I could go on and on. There are some extremely talented players out there and some wonderful cricket is being played all around the world, BUT CURRENTLY the australians are doing it the best. It wont last forever. In fact if the last couple of matches highlight teams are getting closer and closer. ALL I CAN SAY IS ENJOY IT WHILST IT LASTS!!!!!

AUSTRALIA are the best and will win back to back world cups, but dont forget only 18 months ago we could not even make the final of our own world series.

TERRY
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:53 pm

Man o man I can crap on..... Laughing

What I wass trying to say is that cricket goes in cycles....just like Footy..

Sides will get better and learn from the best...

Look at ess 2000... Evil or Very Mad they were unbeatable...now only three years later they will be lucky to make then eight.....

TERRY
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:18 pm

Kristin I understand what you are trying to say and you have some very good points! Bartros I'm not going to even bother with you anymore! Pies Premiers I must say I am shocked what a great post, miracles do happen eh?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:48 pm

Should be a good series, depends if Lara fires i guess.

The question is how good are the other teams ??

jlc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: