Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Dees. . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

burnsy17 wrote:
Missing from our forward line today through injury...

Elliott
Fasolo
Moore

Missing from our midfield today through injury....

Swan
Adams

Missing from our backline today through injury...

Ramsay
Langdon

Just a lazy 32% of our best 22. And yes, all those names are best 22. I've even left back up players such as Sharenberg out.

Happy for others to field a team from other games this weekend that won with 30%+ of their best 22 out.

Oh, might also be worth someone adding up the total amount of games between Phillips, Smith, Maynard, Cox, Marsh, Crocker and DeGoey.

Perspective people.

Our backline today was:
Marsh Frost Williams/ Howe
Maynard Reid Sinclair
Take out frost and put Brown in and you have a backline that could play the next five years together. Brown's absence is self inflicted not injury induced.

True Adams and Swan are severe losses but if you look at every midfield in the competition, most would have at least one or two outs. And our midfield was strengthened this year by the inclusions of Treloar and Aish. So net loss of zero.

Elliot is a severe loss from the forward line but really, Fasolo has only come good at the end of last year and this year, so you can't say we are really missing him. Same for Moore who is a relatively new player who has been no more contributing to the team than Cox. And the main constant in the forward line over the last 5 years is Cloke, who absence from the team is self inflicted.

So,respectively disagree with your comments.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:53 pm

Tezza23 wrote:
On paper it may appear that we were better than last week, but in reality Melb are a worse side than Port, and they played some generally crap football today. Our performance was just as bad as last week.

I think De Goey has been poor all season. However we just have to play him. I am not confident that he will become a very good AFL player, not while he fumbles and misses targets by foot.
Why?
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:56 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Player ratings:

2. DeGoey: battled hard, seems though to always get possessions when under pump and never on the outside to exploit his run & carry

4. Grundy: best of the big men today but wasted
46. Mason C: low low possession numbers suggest a spell is needed. Won't get it though!

We appeared more man on man and personally accountable in defence. I like the way most of our boys are going back there, but the midfield (excl. Levi) was nowhere near hard enough against Jones Oliver and Viney and Bucks didn't appear to change it up much. Petracca is a star and really lifts them.

We were way too tall up forward and they struggled to move in a way to get to the marking opportunities and when one of them got there there was often 2 of our guys spoiling each other. Blair was a hinderance. Probably miss Fasolo more than anyone at the moment.

2. DeGoey: better, tough - expecting him to improve 2nd half of the year, expect he will get a lot out of the week off.
4. Grundy: really covering some ground and is a clever player
7. Treloar: last 2 weeks lack of defensive efforts been evident, i'd guess its awareness and coaching - sublime ball handling but didn't finish by foot today
9. White: better than he was but still not good enough
10. Pendles: clearly elite but not as prolific - is giving up and looks emotionally exhausted - needs a new coach desperately
11. Blair: tries to do it all and as a result has not become above average at anything
15. Witts: always looks like he is doing what he does on his own reminds me of JoshFraser post the very good years.
17. Marsh: thought he was good all day and had a real purple patch where he was tremendous - lively and up and about - showed off some silky skills too
18. Varcoe: very creative early
19. Greenwood: super month of grunt footy - must improve his kicking and think he could if he worked on technique
20. Reid: copped a knock was quiet but still solid.
21. Phillips: congrats on a good first game - used his wheels and was at a lot of ball without always being used but still contributing
22. Sidebottom: been pretty ordinary for 6 quarters
25. Crisp: didn't do enough
26. Marley W: terrific early and tailed right off
28. Sinclair: has improved but only does what he has to do - takes no risks with his kicking which slows us down - will never be anything but a liability in the air and should simply not be playing in the side
37. Maynard: is becoming a feature in defence and a reason to go to the footy, be worth starting him on a wing soon enough
38. Howe: super surprised and impressed
39. Crocker: did appear to need a rest
40. Smith: yup energy levels way down on previous weeks
45. Jack Frost: Frosty did used to make some forward dashes didn't he? he is doing ok one-on-one but offering not enough on the way out
46. Mason C: horrid day for him but clearly highly skilled and best 22 footballer - needs to keep his head up when things not going our way and throw himself into the ruck. Will be great with Grundy next year.
We have a serious weapon.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:11 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:

Elliott
Fasolo
Moore

Swan
Adams

Ramsay
Langdon

Just a lazy 32% of our best 22. And yes, all those names are best 22. I've even left back up players such as Sharenberg out.

Happy for others to field a team from other games this weekend that won with 30%+ of their best 22 out.

Oh, might also be worth someone adding up the total amount of games between Phillips, Smith, Maynard, Cox, Marsh, Crocker and DeGoey.

Perspective people.

Our backline today was:
Maynard Reid Sinclair
Take out frost and put Brown in and you have a backline that could play the next five years together. Brown's absence is self inflicted not injury induced.

True Adams and Swan are severe losses but if you look at every midfield in the competition, most would have at least one or two outs. And our midfield was strengthened this year by the inclusions of Treloar and Aish. So net loss of zero.

Elliot is a severe loss from the forward line but really, Fasolo has only come good at the end of last year and this year, so you can't say we are really missing him. Same for Moore who is a relatively new player who has been no more contributing to the team than Cox. And the main constant in the forward line over the last 5 years is Cloke, who absence from the team is self inflicted.

Turn it up, Moore, Fas and Elliott are massive losses form our forward line, both darcy and fas were doing really well, I don't buy that for a moment, they are huge losses. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:23 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
OK, I've restrained myself from commenting in the game earlier as I was too emotional to make any sensible comment - not that it's ever stopped me before!

Brucey, it's our right-of-passage to rant and rave on this forum, and throw all of the toys out of the cot. 'Twas a right proper hissy fit.
And I chucked a shitload of the critters out of the crib earlier, I tell ya.

I've got the f*cking shits up well and truly right now. And so has mum! Laughing

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:24 pm

Why did Bucks put Maynard on Hogan For?
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:31 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

I saw him with a magic 8 ball while moving magnets around his board.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:37 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

To try to break me; and it worked too...

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:02 am

He should have put Brown on him. Oh wait
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:15 am

burnsy17 wrote:

Elliott
Fasolo
Moore

Swan
Adams

Ramsay
Langdon

Perspective people.

Our backline today was:
Maynard Reid Sinclair

So Bucks now caused Brown's form issues... Seriously, Bucks ability to drag this team down knows no bounds.

Burnsy's post is an accurate assessment of where we are at. Point me to the team that is missing 30+% of their best 22 and playing great consistent footy. And he didn't even factor in the form issues to those senior players who should be providing the backbone of this side. Feel free to disagree with his post but that doesn't make it wrong or inaccurate.
courtza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:19 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Player ratings:

2. DeGoey: battled hard, seems though to always get possessions when under pump and never on the outside to exploit his run & carry

4. Grundy: best of the big men today but wasted
46. Mason C: low low possession numbers suggest a spell is needed. Won't get it though!

We appeared more man on man and personally accountable in defence. I like the way most of our boys are going back there, but the midfield (excl. Levi) was nowhere near hard enough against Jones Oliver and Viney and Bucks didn't appear to change it up much. Petracca is a star and really lifts them.

We were way too tall up forward and they struggled to move in a way to get to the marking opportunities and when one of them got there there was often 2 of our guys spoiling each other. Blair was a hinderance. Probably miss Fasolo more than anyone at the moment.

2. DeGoey: better, tough - expecting him to improve 2nd half of the year, expect he will get a lot out of the week off.
4. Grundy: really covering some ground and is a clever player
7. Treloar: last 2 weeks lack of defensive efforts been evident, i'd guess its awareness and coaching - sublime ball handling but didn't finish by foot today
9. White: better than he was but still not good enough
10. Pendles: clearly elite but not as prolific - is giving up and looks emotionally exhausted - needs a new coach desperately
11. Blair: tries to do it all and as a result has not become above average at anything
15. Witts: always looks like he is doing what he does on his own reminds me of JoshFraser post the very good years.
17. Marsh: thought he was good all day and had a real purple patch where he was tremendous - lively and up and about - showed off some silky skills too
18. Varcoe: very creative early
19. Greenwood: super month of grunt footy - must improve his kicking and think he could if he worked on technique
20. Reid: copped a knock was quiet but still solid.
21. Phillips: congrats on a good first game - used his wheels and was at a lot of ball without always being used but still contributing
22. Sidebottom: been pretty ordinary for 6 quarters
25. Crisp: didn't do enough
26. Marley W: terrific early and tailed right off
28. Sinclair: has improved but only does what he has to do - takes no risks with his kicking which slows us down - will never be anything but a liability in the air and should simply not be playing in the side
37. Maynard: is becoming a feature in defence and a reason to go to the footy, be worth starting him on a wing soon enough
38. Howe: super surprised and impressed
39. Crocker: did appear to need a rest
40. Smith: yup energy levels way down on previous weeks
45. Jack Frost: Frosty did used to make some forward dashes didn't he? he is doing ok one-on-one but offering not enough on the way out
46. Mason C: horrid day for him but clearly highly skilled and best 22 footballer - needs to keep his head up when things not going our way and throw himself into the ruck. Will be great with Grundy next year.
We have a serious weapon.

Are you serious cigar, this almost sounds abit lollipopish
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:44 am

I agree with most of what cigar says, except I'd mention that all of them at some point ran around like headless chooks, like they were not sure where they should be, and that's got to be exhausting.
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:52 am

I thought the effort was there but too many of our players don’t have the skills or senior game experience to do something useful with it.

Blair was a liability again. Gets the ball in the centre and tries to fend off Jones instead of running and kicking. Lose the ball. Receives a handball form de goey at thirty out but doesn’t kick for goal – handballs back to de goey in a worse situation and we lose the ball. Later in the game Blair kicks a point. He does important pressure acts which keep him in the side, but what about the other times he has the opportunity and wastes it. Time to rotate him out.

Don’t forget we were playing against a team with talented low draft picks (Hogan, watts, trengove, petraca) supported by senior experienced players (Vince, Jones) and a very good ruckman. Melbourne have shown themselves to be quite a good side on occasion this year and were also hyped up for their special day.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:31 am

jackcass wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:

Elliott
Fasolo
Moore

Swan
Adams

Ramsay
Langdon

Perspective people.

Our backline today was:
Maynard Reid Sinclair

So Bucks now caused Brown's form issues... Seriously, Bucks ability to drag this team down knows no bounds.

Burnsy's post is an accurate assessment of where we are at. Point me to the team that is missing 30+% of their best 22 and playing great consistent footy. And he didn't even factor in the form issues to those senior players who should be providing the backbone of this side. Feel free to disagree with his post but that doesn't make it wrong or inaccurate.

So point me to which other team has two AA's playing in its VFL side. Also where have I said it's Buckley's fault for Brown's loss of form? I said it's self inflicted having two of your best players playing in the VFL, whereas injuries you can't help. If you blame inexperience for our defeat against Melbourne then what are two of our best and most experienced players doing playing in the VFL? It's a reasonable question to ask and a number of sports commentators have been asking the same question. The football department has to take collective responsibility for the way the team is playing at the moment. Otherwise you condone losing.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:37 am

jackcass wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:

Elliott
Fasolo
Moore

Swan
Adams

Ramsay
Langdon

Perspective people.

Our backline today was:
Maynard Reid Sinclair

So point me to which other team has two AA's playing in its VFL side. Also where have I said it's Buckley's fault for Brown's loss of form? I said it's self inflicted having two of your best players playing in the VFL, whereas injuries you can't help. If you blame inexperience for our defeat against Melbourne then what are two of our best and most experienced players doing playing in the VFL? It's a reasonable question to ask and a number of sports commentators have been asking the same question. The football department has to take collective responsibility for the way the team is playing at the moment. Otherwise you condone losing.

Absolutely correct.
You cannot use inexperience as an excuse.
We had 5 flag players in the VFL on saturday.
We choose for whatever reason not to play them.
So don't come out now and blame "inexexperience"!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: