Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bold trade: Jack Frost & Paul Seedsman for Aish!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:55 pm
Post subject: Bold trade: Jack Frost & Paul Seedsman for Aish!Reply with quote

Lets take away that initial Pies hubris and emotion. The Lions are a revolving door of player discontent for years namely:

* Yeo
* Karnezis (ok slight exaggeration)
* Docherty
* Polec
* Patfull
* Longer
* Crisp
* Brennan
* Ritschichelli
* Bradshaw
* Corrie (yes that's a stretch)

plus soon to be:

* Redden
* Leuenberger
* Aish etc...

So they need to win a PR battle in the "player attraction stakes" and as such players like Seedsman and J Frost would fit an age, structural and culture profile with the Brisbane Lions.

Frost: let's be really really honest. Is there room for 4 low ball getters and awkward disposers of the pill (Marley, Brown, Toovey) in one backline? He would command a solid second round draft pick.
With Reid , Marsh and Brown available Frost may be surplus to genuine requirements and he won't get any better in terms of skills and ball usage.

Seedsman:: his good is good and his poor is horrible. As I say to my mates he was pick 76 for a reason. His speed, long range kicking and passion for the Pies is undoubted however his handball, fumbling tendencies and poor ball usage when in close is a major hindrance. Like a good share he would easily command a solid second round draft pick based on "outside list manager assessment".

The above saves our draft picks for Treloar, another player or a good draft selection Ultimately we need talent with sure foot skills.

MOTR 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't we have a generic thread for these random trade musings?
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:13 pm

Why the **** would Frost and Seedsman want to go to Brisbane if it is as bad as you suggest
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:13 pm

Way Overs - Lions would have to add Something Else into the Trade
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:18 pm

You are not very polite.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:19 pm

And what then happens to our backline in the unlikely event that Reid gets injured for a lengthy period.

I'm happy to pick up Aish but I at least want to feel as though we have paid market value at worst, not overs.
themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:23 pm
Post subject: Re: Bold trade: Jack Frost & Paul Seedsman for Aish!Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Lets take away that initial Pies hubris and emotion. The Lions are a revolving door of player discontent for years namely:

* Yeo
* Karnezis (ok slight exaggeration)
* Docherty
* Polec
* Patfull
* Longer
* Crisp
* Brennan
* Ritschichelli
* Bradshaw
* Corrie (yes that's a stretch)

plus soon to be:

* Redden
* Leuenberger
* Aish etc...

So they need to win a PR battle in the "player attraction stakes" and as such players like Seedsman and J Frost would fit an age, structural and culture profile with the Brisbane Lions.

Frost: let's be really really honest. Is there room for 4 low ball getters and awkward disposers of the pill (Marley, Brown, Toovey) in one backline? He would command a solid second round draft pick.
With Reid , Marsh and Brown available Frost may be surplus to genuine requirements and he won't get any better in terms of skills and ball usage.

Seedsman:: his good is good and his poor is horrible. As I say to my mates he was pick 76 for a reason. His speed, long range kicking and passion for the Pies is undoubted however his handball, fumbling tendencies and poor ball usage when in close is a major hindrance. Like a good share he would easily command a solid second round draft pick based on "outside list manager assessment".

The above saves our draft picks for Treloar, another player or a good draft selection Ultimately we need talent with sure foot skills.

Crazy post, Seedsman & 2nd is adequate.

Also, Frost is a rookie?
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:38 pm

Why so little respect for Frosty? He's been our most consistent defender over the last two years. He's a complete team player who sacrifices his own game for his team mates. There are those here on Nick's who are critical of his kicking; sure he doesn't get a lot of it and when he does he's more likely to dish off, but he is a reasonably good user of the ball in my opinion. Yep, just checked that and rather surprisingly, he ranks at number 6 in the AFL for av. disposal effectiveness per game at 87.33%.

There's no way this boy is going to be traded away.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:40 pm

Pretty soon.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:42 pm

I wouldn't give them Frost for Aish.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:47 pm

Marley wins enough of the ball. You have some argument with Frost, Brown, Toovey together. But Toovey is 28-29 and won't be around, or at least a permanent fixture, for too much longer.

Trading a KPD for a young mid isn't a good idea. Adding another young runner to the deal makes it worse. We don't need to keep our draft picks. They have much less value to us now than players ready to contribute now do. Trading Frost would be a step backwards, trading two players in or around our best 22 for one player would also be a step backwards.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:55 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Marley wins enough of the ball. You have some argument with Frost, Brown, Toovey together. But Toovey is 28-29 and won't be around, or at least a permanent fixture, for too much longer.

Trading a KPD for a young mid isn't a good idea. Adding another young runner to the deal makes it worse. We don't need to keep our draft picks. They have much less value to us now than players ready to contribute now do. Trading Frost would be a step backwards, trading two players in or around our best 22 for one player would also be a step backwards.

Agree. Let's just get Treloar for our first rounder and some steak knives and then it's full steam ahead.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:32 pm

DP
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Dangles wrote:
I wouldn't give them Frost for Aish.

This.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:56 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Why so little respect for Frosty? He's been our most consistent defender over the last two years. He's a complete team player who sacrifices his own game for his team mates. There are those here on Nick's who are critical of his kicking; sure he doesn't get a lot of it and when he does he's more likely to dish off, but he is a reasonably good user of the ball in my opinion. Yep, just checked that and rather surprisingly, he ranks at number 6 in the AFL for av. disposal effectiveness per game at 87.33%.

There's no way this boy is going to be traded away.

Spot on Neil a lot of these posters base their ideas on spontaneous thoughts without facts or understanding of players roles, just for a solution. In my book Frosty is one of the best defenders going around a keeeper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: