Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A few points from tonight's meeting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you honestly think that the club doesn't read forums
such as nicks or hotrods?
That the club doesn't talk to journo's, past and present
players, admin, etc..etc......
The club is well aware of every issue that
has been raised.
If the stooges think that by not attending then somehow
we are gutless or missing an opportunity to change the
club culture then you are deluded.
last night was just a stage for the club to
justify its position.
A little more information was floated out
but that was about it.
Reminded me of the americian town hall
conventions.
Feed the plebs bread and circuses
and open the bar at the end of the night!!!!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:17 pm

^ what's so wrong with the club wanting to justify its position? the club has a position which it was happy to represent. whether it is right or wrong is up for debate much like the constant bleating from the likes of you.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:30 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ what's so wrong with the club wanting to justify its position? the club has a position which it was happy to represent. whether it is right or wrong is up for debate much like the constant bleating from the likes of you.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the club putting its position.
Should happen more often.
It is people like you saying by not attending
"perceptive fellow" like me are traitors, gutless, dickheads , etc....
As I just said, last night was about the club justifying its position
not a genuine attempt at listening to the collingwood admin critics.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Neil Appleby said that Daveron, when discussing Nathan Freeman, said that in all his years in footy, he had never seen such a severe hamstring/tendon injury. Freeman he said was nursed through so as to think of his long-term health.
I'd like to know, why is it then that when Freeman injured his hamstring against Geelong in a practice match, Rodney Eade said that Freeman "pinged his hamstring" and the club reported that Freeman would miss 3-4 weeks?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:39 pm

What do you want them to do? Hold a plebiscite on sacking the Coach, mid-contract? If they did something so irresponsible, then they really would all have to go (except the coach, who would - of course - be entitled to massive compensation).

They seemed to me to deal with all the essential criticisms that have been made of the Club, both on-field and off, over the last 6 months. I'm not sure that I accept their answers but I am equally unwilling to dismiss this as something other than a genuine attempt to listen.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:42 pm

Harrysz wrote:
Neil Appleby said that Daveron, when discussing Nathan Freeman, said that in all his years in footy, he had never seen such a severe hamstring/tendon injury. Freeman he said was nursed through so as to think of his long-term health.
I'd like to know, why is it then that when Freeman injured his hamstring against Geelong in a practice match, Rodney Eade said that Freeman "pinged his hamstring" and the club reported that Freeman would miss 3-4 weeks?

The apparent lack of honesty about injuries is both legendary and frustrating. Mind you, things are on the up - a couple of years ago, it would have been reported as "Calf - test".
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:43 pm
Post subject: Re: A few points from tonight's meetingReply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
1 Ed, Bucks, Decca and Justin Reeves stayed for questions and photo ops.

FFS. If that doesn't sum up modern day Collingwood. Some fans are pathetic flogs.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Yes, some fans are pathetic flogs.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:58 pm
Post subject: Re: A few points from tonight's meetingReply with quote

collie dog wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
1 Ed, Bucks, Decca and Justin Reeves stayed for questions and photo ops.

FFS. If that doesn't sum up modern day Collingwood. Some fans are pathetic flogs.

So you've never wanted to take a photo with someone? Let alone someone you actually like and respect?

You don't have to like Eddie and co but there are a lot of people that do, and if they want a picture with him then so what? Your attempts to spin everything you can as a negative are as hilarious as your inability to actually succeed at it

Last edited by King Malta on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:03 pm

thompsoc wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the club putting its position.
Should happen more often.
It is people like you saying by not attending
"perceptive fellow" like me are traitors, gutless, dickheads , etc....
As I just said, last night was about the club justifying its position
not a genuine attempt at listening to the collingwood admin critics.

i am accusing you of being a dickhead for bagging our players and bleating on incessantly about the same thing. much like spindog, defender and others of that ilk. it is just $£$%^%%$ boring.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:12 pm

2012 Buckley blamed our culture (you know, the culture that just got us to back to back GFs).

2013 Bucks blamed our fitness.

2014 Bucks blamed our injuries which were caused by searching for this fitness.

What will he blame in 2015? The kids?

When will he blame himself?

Another fail in 2015 and he'll find himself sounding out C7 for a comments gig, no ifs, no buts, get it right or **** off!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.

Last edited by Bob Sugar on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
hazza11 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:15 pm

Harrysz wrote:

There have been a few occasions this year on the injury front where honesty or openness has gone missing. Another thing I have noticed is certain players can be rushed back into the team and others need at least two weeks in the VFL. I understand the importance of some players being greater than others, but so much talk of building fitness after injury and that cannot be at the same level for every player.
TK Leo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:18 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Nick - Pie Man wrote:
Did anyone at the meeting ask about replacing our coach with a 'better' one? So many people are quick to suggest it here on the internet .. surely they had the courage to attend the meeting and ask the president directly when he intends to replace Buckley?

No, because either they were too gutless to attend or too gutless to stand up and ask the question. After all the talk on here I was waiting for it and to be honest I get the impression the question would have been answered honestly but it's amazing how people disappear when you force them to have human interaction and get them away from behind their keyboard and screen.

If you didn't walk away from last night with a better understanding of the bigger picture, well, you weren't listening.

We're in this situation because things don't always go according to plan. Blame Bucks all you want but the reality seems to me that when the interchange cap came in, combined with the changes in the way the game was being played (eg. transition running seems to be the buzz word) we were left severely exposed.

As Devoren said last night (off stage) he's been trying to get the team up to 40km of running a week. He didn't name him but one of the big changes to our training was the introduction of a second "football" session each week. While the football sessions are in theory great because you're handling the footy and working as a team etc - they are horrible for getting km's in the legs which is what we need to be able to transition. I get the impression if he was in charge - and not the head coach - that second football session would be dropped in an instant. I'm only a hack footballer but I wore my iPhone one day when I went for a kick of the footy at lunchtime to track how far I ran. Reckon we were going for a good 40-45 mins, and barely any sitting still and I barely cracked 2km total distance.

Anyway I actually think it was a really worthwhile night to attend for anyone debating it in future years. I suspect when word gets around there were beers at the end we might have 20,000 attend next year!!!

Careful mate! I posted this last week and copped a barrage from the 'Haters'.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=75030

Cheers Laughing

Last edited by TK on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:19 pm

The succession plan was supposed to ensure sustained success, well done Edd.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:23 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I was interested in reading the obvious love of Scharenberg by Hine.
I posted on here ages ago I heard Leigh Matthews declare we had stole him at pick 6 as in his opinion he was a top 2 or 3 for certain.
Matthews said at the draft camp he was the most AFL ready prospect in all facets of his game. He thought the picks would have been Boyd, Scharenberg and Bontenpelli in no particular order.
God I hope Matthews and Hine are correct because he is the kind of kid who will play off the half back line and can also rotate through the mid field.
Freeman's hammy is a concern as he was in the top couple at the draft camp in terms of repetitive 20m sprints and beep testing (think I read somewhere he got a 15.5 beep when the average was 13.Cool I hope his hammy issues don't curtail his elite speed which is why we drafted him.
The saving some cap space is interesting as well. I think we hd cleared plenty of cap room the past couple of years and with such a young list and limited experience you would assume we wouldn't be paying them huge salaries yet.
I know sidey, beams, Elliott would have demanded increases the past couple years and would again be inline for increase going forward. Pendles nd Cloke would be on top $$ as too would Swanny but I'm guessing within 2yrs when our window opens up he will be heading into the retirement phase of his career.
If we are going to try to land a big fish or 2 to give us every oppontunity like when we got jolly and ball then I say this is good thinking did forward planning.

Keeping cap space isn't just about having capacity to grab a big fish. Also need to be able to manage salary packages for improving kids over the next few years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: