Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
What made me laugh today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 150, 151, 152  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
think positive Libra

Side By Side


Joined: 30 Jun 2005
Location: somewhere

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
This musical number, from the US show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which I’ve never seen – pretty edgy, particularly in the current climate!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3FE7BswYI


hehe, want the shoes!!!

the last line is a bit hmm these days but yeah, i can relate!!

_________________
You never look good trying to make someone else look bad. Disrespecting & insulting other to prove your point just shows how shaky your own position is.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This:

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

...


Every time I fear that your brain has been captured by a speak-your-weight Leftist orthodoxy dispenser, you come out with something reasoned and open-minded, like this.
...



Perhaps the definition of a backhanded compliment.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.


Joined: 17 Mar 2003


PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What does "this" refer to?
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
David Libra

Reel around the fountain


Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Location: Anywhere, I don't care I don't care I don't care

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing gotta pay that (I don’t think I will ever feel comfortable with – nor be accepted by the proponents of – any such orthodoxy, though).
_________________
Past the pub that wrecks your body, and the church, all they want is your money; the Queen is dead, boys, and it's so lonely on a limb...
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  
Mugwump 



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Location: Oxford, England

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Laughing gotta pay that (I don’t think I will ever feel comfortable with – nor be accepted by the proponents of – any such orthodoxy, though).


Yeah, pay it too. I think David knows that I rate his intellect very highly, and that I thought it was probably a more curious and open-minded instrument when he was about 18, rather than the crusty old age he is now... There are people whose opinions on virtually any issue can be reliably predicted once you know their opinion on any one issue. I don't think he's anywhere near that stage of terminal decline yet, fortunately !

_________________
Two more flags before I die!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
David Libra

Reel around the fountain


Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Location: Anywhere, I don't care I don't care I don't care

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there may be a lot of truth to that, sadly! I distinctly remember, when I was a teenager, being afraid of becoming an adult with stagnant, fortified views, to which too much pride and identity would be bound up in to change. It's something that I still think about now, although I can tell that I've become less flexible that I once was. These tendencies towards enquiry always seem to ossify somehow or other, although I like to think that we always have the ability to engage in self-questioning and seek out opinions that challenge us.
_________________
Past the pub that wrecks your body, and the church, all they want is your money; the Queen is dead, boys, and it's so lonely on a limb...
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  
Mugwump 



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Location: Oxford, England

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I think there may be a lot of truth to that, sadly! I distinctly remember, when I was a teenager, being afraid of becoming an adult with stagnant, fortified views, to which too much pride and identity would be bound up in to change. It's something that I still think about now, although I can tell that I've become less flexible that I once was. These tendencies towards enquiry always seem to ossify somehow or other, although I like to think that we always have the ability to engage in self-questioning and seek out opinions that challenge us.


Anyone with a good mind struggles with this. It's a kind of dialectic. At one extreme, you entertain every alternative possibility so comfortably and fluently that you become just an umpire, believing in nothing that's important. At the other, you know who you are, it's just that you're a jigsaw puzzle being assembled over and over again,

The only defence, I think, is to try to understand and articulate what values are inevitably in tension, and which one prefers in a clash; to try to respect both facts and ideas before assigning a value to them ; and to try, however hard, to think within principles rather than stale ideological categories. These things are all very rare at every level of society. Most of us, self very much included, fail often.

_________________
Two more flags before I die!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
stui magpie 

suge min pikk


Joined: 03 May 2005
Location: Where ever i go, there I am

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit, I've now got an extra 3 coming for Christmas Lunch in the space of an hour.

First the son messages me, asking if it was OK if he bought his younger half brother. I said yeah ( I like the kid, fed him plenty of times) but asked how come? Apparently he was going to be spending Christmas alone at his Dad's place and when he told my daughter, she said 'Fck that, you're coming with us"

The the cuz messages me. His GF usually spends Xmas day with her mum, so Stoom asks if it's OK if he brings her mum over here. Fck, never met the woman but WTF, why not.

Considering I planned for 7, now I've got 10, I'm going to have to load up the snacks tray pre lunch more than originally anticipated.

I love it. Laughing

_________________
I'd like to apologise to anyone I haven't offended yet. Be patient, I'm working through a list. You're entitled to your own opinion, but if it disagrees with mine, it's wrong.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Shit, I've now got an extra 3 coming for Christmas Lunch in the space of an hour.
...

Considering I planned for 7, now I've got 10, I'm going to have to load up the snacks tray pre lunch more than originally anticipated.

I love it. Laughing


Have fun, Stui. You could also consider asking them to bring a side dish or two.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.


Joined: 17 Mar 2003


PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So do a lot of other people.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
ronrat 



Joined: 22 May 2006
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Shit, I've now got an extra 3 coming for Christmas Lunch in the space of an hour.
...

Considering I planned for 7, now I've got 10, I'm going to have to load up the snacks tray pre lunch more than originally anticipated.

I love it. Laughing


Have fun, Stui. You could also consider asking them to bring a side dish or two.


My nephew invited his outlaws plus his BIL to Christmas dinner at my Mums house without asking. Mum was 78 then. She said we are pensioners and can't afford all these extra people so she charged them . They lobbed about 11,00 and 5 adults and a child turned up and did not bring a thing. His FIL asked Dad where he kept his beer as he wanted one. He then proceeded the grab a 6 pack of MY beer. Told him he didn't have the forethought to bring any he wasn't having mine. Thought the 20 bucks they threw in would include all beer and then made a beeline for Dads single malt. Wrong answer. None helped, not even serving. Pissed off about 5,00 pm having drunk the punch and then asked if Mum could make them sandwiches for the trip up the coast. Not even a box of chocolates for Mum. Needless to say they will not be coming back.

_________________
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
think positive Libra

Side By Side


Joined: 30 Jun 2005
Location: somewhere

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

ronrat wrote:
K wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Shit, I've now got an extra 3 coming for Christmas Lunch in the space of an hour.
...

Considering I planned for 7, now I've got 10, I'm going to have to load up the snacks tray pre lunch more than originally anticipated.

I love it. Laughing


Have fun, Stui. You could also consider asking them to bring a side dish or two.


My nephew invited his outlaws plus his BIL to Christmas dinner at my Mums house without asking. Mum was 78 then. She said we are pensioners and can't afford all these extra people so she charged them . They lobbed about 11,00 and 5 adults and a child turned up and did not bring a thing. His FIL asked Dad where he kept his beer as he wanted one. He then proceeded the grab a 6 pack of MY beer. Told him he didn't have the forethought to bring any he wasn't having mine. Thought the 20 bucks they threw in would include all beer and then made a beeline for Dads single malt. Wrong answer. None helped, not even serving. Pissed off about 5,00 pm having drunk the punch and then asked if Mum could make them sandwiches for the trip up the coast. Not even a box of chocolates for Mum. Needless to say they will not be coming back.


oh my god what pigs! so selfish!

ive got 21 and a brand new baby coming! ive actually precooked the roast potatoes and vegies etc, so all i have to do is chuck them in a hot oven! and i pointed the families in the right direction of what to bring on a plate!! good suggestion K!!

enjoy peoples!!

_________________
You never look good trying to make someone else look bad. Disrespecting & insulting other to prove your point just shows how shaky your own position is.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
stui magpie 

suge min pikk


Joined: 03 May 2005
Location: Where ever i go, there I am

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks, no such issues here, I was worried there would't be enough tucker but no issues.

Invites bring their own booze although I have beer and wine, and uncle left some stubbies for me from his stash

_________________
I'd like to apologise to anyone I haven't offended yet. Be patient, I'm working through a list. You're entitled to your own opinion, but if it disagrees with mine, it's wrong.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
David Libra

Reel around the fountain


Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Location: Anywhere, I don't care I don't care I don't care

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received this email through the Nick’s BB moderator account. We get spam all the time, but this one takes the cake:

Quote:
Hi there,
I just read Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board :: View topic - Internet Scams, I've shown it to some colleagues and we think a collaboration between us could work well. I represent a digital marketing agency currently working with a leading auto retailer. We would like to feature a unique piece of content on your site on behalf of our client. For the privilege, we'd be happy to pay you somewhere in the region of $75.
Let me know your thoughts.
Best wishes,

Elisa

_________________
Past the pub that wrecks your body, and the church, all they want is your money; the Queen is dead, boys, and it's so lonely on a limb...
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  
think positive Libra

Side By Side


Joined: 30 Jun 2005
Location: somewhere

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s is bizarre
None of that adds up on any way shape or form, even bots come up with better than that! And chuck in a million or two from a Siamese twin uncle from India!

_________________
You never look good trying to make someone else look bad. Disrespecting & insulting other to prove your point just shows how shaky your own position is.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 150, 151, 152  Next
Page 151 of 152   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group