Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bad blood between Scotland & Malthouse?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 8:38 am
Post subject: Bad blood between Scotland & Malthouse?Reply with quote

How do you think Scotland is going to play under Malthouse in 2002 (Seeing Scotland wanted to leave and Mic agreed)?

JiMc 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 10:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about bad blood between the two. I guess Scotland felt he should have been given a few more senior games and Malthouse felt he didnt deserve them. He played towards the end of the season so I guess it must count for something. He wasnt traded or delisted so one would assume the match comittee still hold him in high regard.

He might just surprise us all and become a regular next season.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 10:14 am

yeah, I have also heard rumours to the effect that scotland (and other c'wood players) was given limited playing opportunities because he's been on the sauce and MM has a zero alcohol tolerance policy, but I reckon these "bad blood" rumours are balony

scotland has been kept out of the side because of team balance and the form of others. however, he has good skills and I'm sure that he will step up in 2002 and be one of the leaders in the midfield.

"consectatio excellentiae"
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 12:34 pm

The inside-info we have at TCR were that Scotland asked to be traded (which everybody knows) but no deal could be struck.

After the trade-deadline expired and Scotland realized he'd be remaining at Collingwood, he was immediately back in the gym and training, which Malthouse was extremely impressed about and was alleged to have remarked he'd play Scotty more often next year.

S.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Incandescent One.
The Collingwood Rant.
The AFL Ranting Board.

[This message has been edited by Sly (edited 26 October 2001).]
the prez 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 2:49 pm

Obviously Scoots was held back this year for a purpose.I don't believe it has much to do with off field activities as with the on field variety.I think committment and sticking to the gameplan were the main issues.Therefore he was put thru the same ringer that Nicky was put thru only this time more harsher.It might sound like madness but theres obviously some method to it as it has made Nicky a much better player for it and MM would be hoping it has the same results with Heath.I think its a unigue way of speeding up a player's development particularly mental development.It lets them know that they truly earned their spot and they have to keep working hard to hold onto it rather than just cruising thru for a few years without doing much like some of his teammates/ex teammates.Results will speak for themselves in 12 months.

GO WOODS

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 3:25 am

They sometimes keep a player in the reserves to give them a chance to be a champion player AND a club leader, when if they were in seniors they would be the least senior player and never get any leadership opportunities. This helps them have some belief in their ability, so if they do have a bad day it doesn't affect them as much as it would a young kid with no experience of dominating a side / competition for 12 months.

If Scots can make a regular spot, and his best value as seen in round 22 is up and under rover, that would free someone up to play HFF opposite from Nicki - Bucks?

Just a thought

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 3:08 pm

i waz chattin to heath the otha day..

he doesn't want to leave @ all guyz... he said, that it all depends on wat the board decides to do with him... if they let him go they let him go....

i mean, if they eva wanted him to go y would he be wanting to stay? being unwanted?

obviosly this ain't the case, cuz heath's still wit us and, scotto will be there in the grandf wit us in 02' u just wait (I'M EXCITED! heheh)

plus heath luvs it @ cwood, he didn't and doesn't want to go

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 2:44 am

Seems a good player but he plays the one position we have well covered. Even so, I was surprised that he didn't get moire opportunties last year. I hate all these rumours but I can't believe that MM doesn't think either something off field or somethinjg in his game need serious work. I am sure he would have been given the message, so it is up to Heath now. He has 1 year to make at Collingwood.

pie-no-sauce 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 5:49 am

spot on Sly and Prez. Exactly what Balmey said here at the thriller in manila. Of note were his comments that "the kid can deinitely play" ... "he obviously does not fulfill the game plan directions"... and , to me, most surprisingly, "due to these reasons one has to let him play footy - ie let him go to another club". It probably doesn't come thru in my words but the genuine concern for kids to be able to play footy was heavily emphasised. He sounded like an elder statesman.
Ater that of course, the hint of a personal resurrection was mentioned in Drivers Copeland report.
If he gets over the final hurdles he'll probably make it and hopefully, underscore CFC's reluctance to sell off the farm for a high priced ready made.
Good on ya Scoots for showing the sort of character that has built this great club.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: