Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who kicked the best ever goal for CFC

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B&W Phantom 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:19 am
Post subject: Who kicked the best ever goal for CFCReply with quote

Here is agood topic to get our minds off the negative trading SH*T.
Which goal is the best ever kicked by a Collingwood Player.

My picks
1 Phil Manasseh grand final run from CHB To goal 30-40 m
2 Peter daicos 1990 GF from boundary and thread through.
3 Micky's run from centre to goal.

I am sure there are many more, so come on guys and gals put on the thinking caps and revisit some great memories.

GO PIES!!!!

hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Daics' against WCE in the drawn final?
What about Daics' kick off the ground against Geelong at Waverley
What about Daics' 13 against BB at Carrara?
What about Leon against WB this year
What about Mick Gayfer's only goal? I must see vision of this!

Fradam did not write this!
MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:23 am

Any one of about 50 goals kicked by Daics from in front of the Vic. Park Social Club.
The most important - Twiggy Dunne in the 1977 GF.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:24 am

OR Daicos from the boundry in the 1990 tied final against WCE. Great goal at any time let alone under that pressure.

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:35 am

Daics has kicked so many that surely he wins.
I loved that one he kicked while be dragged down next to the behind post during those 13 against Brisey. I just remember watching him during that game in amazement thinking I'm so lucky to be alive to witness this master. To have your name continually mentioned years and years later whenever anyone from any team kicks a miraculous goal is testiment to how good he was and forever will be.

Of course Mick's running goal will also forever be special, just being there screaming with thousands of others as he sprinted (as only Mick can) towards goal balking the opposition and bouncing... it's what you live for as a Collingwood fan.

Legga 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:40 am

Easy, Daics in the tied final against the eagles.
Greatest goal ever kicked, ever will be kicked.

Remember the vision of pants taking our Worsfold to allow Daics take control and kick the impossible goal.

Millane42 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:40 am

Daicos the magician, macedonian marvel wins easily. The WCE final from the boundary line. The game against carlton in 1990 at waverley where he kicked some pearlers, and the return match against carlton where he landed a monster torp from about 60 metres out. countless snaps from impossible angles game after game - a true champ. How he got dumped in 1993 is still unbelievable - he could have stood on one leg in the forward pocket and still won us games in 1993,94 and 95.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:41 am

any goal from Peter Daicos looked pretty damn fine to me...his freakish skills remind me a lot of the skills we see now in young Russel Robertson and Leon Davis...no wonder Leon wants to be called magic too! Always good to see a re-run of some of the magical goals kicked by Daics during each years footy marathon

B&W Phantom 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 8:39 am

Thats the spirit guys and gals keep it up. I remember all of the goals everyone has mentioned.

Maybe the club could do up a video for us of outstanding Collingwood goals.

Neon definitely deserves a place in the top 20 for his effort this year. That goal was freaky and took me back to the daicos days.

ed healey 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 9:21 am

Well lets start way back in 64
Big Gabbo ran,fumbled stumbled ,bounced it, lost it,got it back and goaled to put us 2 pts up in a GF.
Unfortunately melb goaled just later and we lost by 4 pts.
That could have been the goal that won us a flag.
Ian Graham split the middle with a flat punt to beat carlton at priceless park one afternoon by 2 pts,I loved that mainly because I hate carlton so much.
Peter McKenna kicked one from the wing to win against carlton by 3 pts at vic park
Any goal that brings about a win over carlscum gets my vote.
Twiggy Dunnes torp to level the scores in the GF was a ripper.
But Mannasa gets the no 1 vote from me.
Although i vividly remember john greening doing a drop kick on the run from the wing at vic park to beat the aints.
One day at the mcg i saw tuddy kick 7 in a semi,they were all special.

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 9:37 am

daic's goal in the 1990 drawn final, it has to be. It basically stopped the eagle's momentum and was one of the most unorthodox goals ever kicked.

daicos4ever

2002 - The Year of the Pie
woodsman 90 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 10:12 am

i agree daics 1990 v wc, i was right behind that, had a friggen yank sitting behind us going for wc if you can fathom that, anyway i recon god himself couldn't have got it from there,by the way a few of them torps weren't bad ethier

Cyclops 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 10:57 am

Daicos vs Geelong in the '81 finals marked at about 55, handballed over Nankervis's head, ran round the man dobs it from 45 out and we win by less than a kick you beauty.

Craig Davis vs Carlton at Vic Park 1980 marks on the goal line, shows the ball to Bruce Doull...oops the umpy calls play on but Davis snap sit over his head...it rises to goalpost height like a Tatiana pole vault and wobbles over the line for a goal!

Manson marks in the forward pocket vs Geelong at Waverly in 1992, fakes a ball injury and the umpy gives the footy to Ron McKeon (not Mick McGuane who tried to pinch it). Big Ronnie dobs it on the half time siren and Manson jogs back to the rooms having staged a miraculous recovery.

Also I remeber Rene Kink had a sweet left foot (when he was too lazy to go onto the right), Doug Barwick pumped some rippers from the centre square, and Sav's first goal vs Footscray in 92 (was it round 6?) is a very fond memory.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 3:16 am

Mick McGuane had a ripper of a game at Vic Park in 97 / 98 against Freo, he had one goal where he took about 5 bounces down the wing - brilliant - but then got under the Freo guys skin so much the next time he slotted one through they decksed him; the umps gave him the goal he just kicked PLUIS another kick from the same spot. Nice two-for-one goal.

Ahh the memories

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 3:28 am

Leon Neons gaol against Sydney in round 10 can be seen at: http://www.afl.com.au/multimedia/item_2243.htm

I also remember this year Josh Fraser against Freo took the ball out of the ruck and placed it onto teh outside of his right boot for a gaol. Very nice, ala you know who, and tehn the Freo guy tried to do the same thing and was caught. Go Josh!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: