Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who's better than Darren Milburn? - Glenn Freeborn!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 1:47 pm
Post subject: Who's better than Darren Milburn? - Glenn Freeborn!Reply with quote

Last week against the Blues Freeborn squashed Houlihan. Houlihan had to be stretchered off - which pretty much provided the highlight (for us, I think) for the game. (Other highlight was that "Champion" Anthony Rootafaeces trying a left foot snap, missing the ball entirely, and falling on his ass).

On Sunday, Freeborn squashed the Kangaroos Brady(?) Rawling! Rawlings had to also be stretchered off. Although this match provided better highlights than the previous week - Saint Nick's long torpedo-goals, Scotty's ascension into the midfield and his dominance, Burnsy's BOG performance, etc. - it's always a high point when a squib does something worthwhile.

I maintain that Freeborn's NOT a defender. Any time he's been on anybody with a bit of skill, he's been killed - as he was, most notably, by Darren Jarman. And, you know, if Y2Malty hadn't tried the inexplicable move of Rupe on Bizzell when we played Geelong, Freeborn would've probably been his second "first-option."

Anyway, if Freeborn can knock somebody out each game every game, then I'd be willing to see the squib remain at Half-back!

BTW, I have a Geelong-friend (yes, yes, sad I know) and he said that the Cats' tossed-up who to ditch between Milburn and Steinfort. Obviously and ultimately, Steinfort was the one who went and came to us - but I just thought I'd let everybody know that that nice Milburn boy who performed so well at Uncle Toby's Oval on Saturday could've been in Black & White stripes.

S.
Yes, I'm extremely petty, I know.
But what else is there in the life of a Collingwood Supporter?

S.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Incandescent One.
The Collingwood Rant.
The Unofficial AFL Ranting Board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: