Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#6 Brodie Holland

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep wondering where Mick and Bucks get the idea that all 22 in our side contribute to our victories. One look in the direction of Andrew Williams will tell you that week in, week out we take on our opponents with 21 men. This bloke needs a good talking to, he won't survive league football if he plans to stay a receiver with his level of skill.
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:42 pm

Cole has been fantastic recently with his hard ball gets and tough tackling but his skill level has also been exceptional haven't you seen they wy he has danced past oppistion players and delivered a beautiul pass to a leading forward? Cole is a future star and dirinitely won't be dropped.

Williams is definitely the one to go, I think Brodie could produce stats in one game they Williams had accumulated over thelast half a dozen but apparently MM has a love affair with him and I would be surprised if he gives in and drops Williams now.

So If Williams survives again I think Ben Kinnear might be the unlucky one to make way, BK had been very solid over the last two weeks and has clearly been a cut above Williams but I think that MM's love for Williams might see BK miss out
Slayer 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:53 pm

Wow Williams is in the bad books ...... this guy is a good mark, and kick at goal. If he's been down its due to injury - no doubt.

Id play cole - agree he is hard at he ball, and Williams, and bring Holland back for Kinnear. yeh yeh kinnear is trying these days ...still havent seen him take a pack mark for a guy his size, and very few contested marks.

RitchieColeRocks Leo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:27 pm
Post subject: ....Reply with quote

I don’t see how you can justify dropping Cole and then further justify bringing in Rupe.
Rupe is a great player, but Cole was fast on his feet and ran hard on the weekend. He was always there and laid some all-important tackles, and he was anything but carried.
The goal he missed was a sitter, and he should have kicked it, however it was his hard work and good run that got him into the position to kick it in the first place.
I’d have to slant towards dropping Williams, he hasn’t been playing his best and has perhaps been lucky to maintain his sport in the team, only due to good performances early this year.
I don’t know how you can say that one player has been good to the team this year and say Cole hasn’t.
He has given it his all and deserves the chance to place in the big one…

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:51 pm

Richard Cole? I thought he played a fantastic game the other night. If anyone should be dropped, it should be Williams.
I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:42 pm

Joel wrote:
Richard Cole? I thought he played a fantastic game the other night. If anyone should be dropped, it should be Williams.

Exactly..
Say kristin5... Coles no Buckley so you can't expect him to be as good or even close. Cole has great guts and attack on the ball..
He's like Cloke.. in his style as far as attacking the ball goes..
Drop Williams but give him a chance next season.. I'm sure he'll improve.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:23 pm

BK will go. Willo is doing his job.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:33 pm

Blanch - didn't BK do his job on Saturday night? Just interested... I understand your respect for Willo but I find it hard to justify dropping another while he stays given his form.
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:58 pm

In: Holland
Out: Williams

Walker will keep his place in the team as he is insurance in case Josh Fraser breaks down. BK will keep his place in the team as he adds flexibility by being able to play forward or back and Richie Cole will keep his spot because he is playing good football despite missing a couple of opportunities in front of goal on Saturday night.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:29 pm

Who gets dropped will depend on who we will play. If its Port, BK will go out for Brodie I reckon. If it is Ess, it may be Willo & BK out for Brodie & Rupe.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:40 pm

cole has a tendancy to just kick it in the general direction of our goals without looking to see whos guna be under his kick, usually the opposition.

however the boy sure knows how to tackle!!
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:58 am

I'm not sure if BK did his job on Sat night. I know Willo did. MM mentioned Willo saying he did his job, he made no mention of BK. I'm not saying he didn't do his job, just saying I don't know. With Willo I can be sure.

If Willo did his job, why should he be questioned? The only man with credentials to question is MM. Brodie is a definate starter but I doubt Willo is the unlucky one.

Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:28 pm
Post subject: ....Reply with quote

what exactly is this alleged 'JOB' that Willo did on Saturday nite Blanch?

If you can answer that, without reference to 'MM said so' (he didn't he actually said that although he didn't get a stat he put pressure on the opposition), u're doing really well....
Burns4PM 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:52 pm

Lazza wrote:
Who gets dropped will depend on who we will play. If its Port, BK will go out for Brodie I reckon. If it is Ess, it may be Willo & BK out for Brodie & Rupe.

Lazza's on the money.
Port play small so MM won't go in with too may talls. C-Collins and Wanga killed us last time.
By the way although Cole's efforts on the weekend were commendable his basic skill errors let him down. He seems to be over confident and miss short passes and hballs that he probably does in his sleep.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:08 pm

Who else's opinion should I refer to?? I am only stating that MM had positive comments regarding Willo's game on Sat night. Read into that what you will, the way I read into it is that MM thought Willo did ok, therefore did his job - whatever it may have been.

Before we continue down this path just answer this:
1. Did MM make reference to Willo's game in a positive way?
2. Did MM make reference to BK's game at all?
3. Did I make any reference to anything different from the answers to the above questions?

I understand that many here have a problem with the way Willo is performing. He did set the standard pretty high early on. This is how I see it. MM is the coach for a bloody good reason. He knows better than us. I trust his judgement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18   

Jump to: