Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Get Positive WE ARE COLLINGWOOD

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droche 2004 Capricorn

Buckley My Pussy (cat)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:53 pm
Post subject: Get Positive WE ARE COLLINGWOODReply with quote

We as Collingwood supporters / members are meant to be arrogant and full of confidence.
As a Collingwood person, I believe our team will give a 100%
Every week I believe our team has a better than 50% chance of winning, and therefore never tip against them.
Even in the last quarter of a game when we are losing badly, I still give us a chance.
This is why opposition fans hate us.

We as a club, have gone through hell the last few years, plenty of joy and plenty of heart ache, but one thing we have always had is hope, and the glimmer of hope that we can win the big one this year.

I heard Wayne Carrey the other day say that North lost something like 4 prelim finals before they one the flag, that kind of statement gives me hope. I am sure that if we didn’t play off in the 2002/2003 GF’s the pressure would not be on us like it was, people would be saying that we are on the up. Look at Geelong, what have they done? St Kilda? Etc. If they had won and extra game and made it to the GF then lost it, everyone would be saying that they need to rebuild, instead they are on the rise.

What is everyone on about? A couple of injuries? Every team has them, go through the lists. The injuries we have are not season ending are they? Josh will be back before the break and will be fresh for the second half. Bucks is bucks and its only a hamstring, he will be available for round 1, Richards will be back in a couple of weeks and Didak… well who knows, maybe 8 weeks but again will be fresh for the second half.

If every team relied on there best 22 each week, no team would win a game, injuries is a part of AFL, and just be thankful that none of ours are long term.

I believe we have the depth to cover players for short periods of time, Cam and Fanning can cover Frasier for a short period of time, not the whole season.
Reading this web site and the press of late I feel like we are going to get smashed every week. Nothing much has happened at the Pies over the summer so as soon as there is a hick-up, it’s the end of the world.

And the talk of the coach being sacked or let go is a joke, the only thing he hasn’t delivered is a flag, yes that’s what we all want, but so do the other 15 clubs, would we all prefer the days when we were at the bottom of the ladder losing week after week? He has had one bad year as coach of our club, and although he won’t admit it, he had plenty of excuses as to why. No team would have done any better last year if they had the injuries to the KEY players as we did. Every week we had a top 10 player going down, and then there back up got injured too, nothing compared to what we have now, all we have is a couple of hick-ups, let’s not start acting like Richmond people.

To finish this off, we have only lost one game this pre-season and that was against a side that can play in hot humid conditions, had we had all our games at Telstra Dome like Carlton did, I recon we would have been in with a big chance to win it our selves. Morrison and Cara look like good inclusions, Rocca is fit, Tarrant isn’t injured, Burns is burns, Bucks will be back, Holland and Licka will hold the middle, Williams will repay the faithful, Fraser will be fresh come round 22, Tex looks to be taking the step, the brothers x 6 are fighting for spots, the backline is solid, Presti and Waks rarely get beaten, Clement is the general and All Australian, to me the right blend of experience of youth.

Our record in Grand Finals are not great, we win about 1 in 3, so that means the next time we play in one we should win it and I believe this is our year, flying low under the radar, all the focus on 6-8 other teams and that suits me fine, no longer are we the hunted, we are now the hunters.

So get on board if you haven’t already, and lets make every game like its our home game, shout the opposition down, don’t give them a chance to cheer, this is the time that the Mighty Magpies will fly.

GO PIES, and keep positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lloyd Christmas 

I've got worms...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

nice post d...

first target to focus on is win as many as possible (goes without saying)
second target finish in the 8 (higher the better)
third target get into the GF

we all know what needs to happen from there...

Good luck with the season ahead Pies!

swoop 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:14 pm

I couldnt agree with you more droche 2004.
Two_Pies Capricorn

Dougie Barwick tough as nails !!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:22 pm

Droche 2004 Top Post !!

Just look at Steve's avatar for inspiration ... that man #42 - one Mr. D. Millane was Collingwood !!

C'MON PIES !!

Two_Pies Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:22 pm

Doh Doh

Two Clicks

Last edited by Two_Pies on Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:25 pm

Two Pies, Two Beers and Two Posts!
Two_Pies Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:34 pm

lol lol
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:38 pm

tou - che!
droche 2004 Capricorn

Buckley My Pussy (cat)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:44 pm

Thanks, needed to get it off my chest, media beat up.
You don’t make 2 grand finals in 3 years and all of a sudden lose ability.

So many other teams would love to have what we have, and what we have done in recent times.

Here is a list of teams that the press say they are on the up, yet have not done as well as we have.

Sydney. Lost one Prelim Final against Brisbane, when Brisbane lost so many players in that game, they should have won that game, yet they are on the up.
Bulldogs !!!!!!!!!
Carlton, (night premiers in a comp that half the teams don’t take seriously???????)
St Kilda, rapped the draft for years and still haven’t made a GF
Geelong. If they are relying on Brad Ottens they have no hope.
West Coast, can’t win a game outside WA
Freo, read above.
Melbourne, they had the luckiest year last year, won games they should have never one, don’t see them making the 8 yet the press say they will.
Kangaroos, haven’t made the 8 for a couple of years, and are too reliant on players that are past there best. But hay they are a force come 2005
Last of all Richmond. Had we kicked straight in the second quarter (wizard cup) we would have won by 50 points, yet they are on the up and in the paper every second day.

We have the list of blokes that will now have to fight for positions in the squad, we have the facilities, we have a great coach, we have a president that listens (sometimes)(GF TICKETS) and we have the experience now that we never had before about what it takes to win the whole thing.

I truly believe we are about to enter a dynasty of domination on the park, so watch out!!!!!!!! The glass isn’t half empty, Its nearly flowing over the top.

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:00 pm

YAY!!!

Great to hear some positive thoughts!

Bring on the season 2005, my voice is ready to shout my support for our great team.

ps. My Black and white cat is called Millie, after Darren, and was born a week before Darren Millane passed away. I love you cat, looks a lot like mine!!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:37 pm

Nice inspirational stuff - its good to read. I'm so sick of every where I go hearing how bad we are going to go and how we played above ourselves in 02 & 03 and the rest of that drivel. Dont worry pain is coming to you all 15 WANNABES Hell is coming to frog town.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:55 pm

Great post droche 2004! That's the sort of stuff we require on here! We shouldn't be written off before we haven't even played a game! We are still in it, and will definitely make the eight this year - to shove it up everyone else's predictions!

CARN THE PIES!
Two_Pies Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:32 pm

Reasons to be cheerful ...

Pressure.jpg

Take a lead from the skipper ...

Collingwood-fan.jpg

This little guy knows ...

bucksandtarks.jpg

Bucks & Tarks

johnnolicca.jpg

Benny & Licca

droche 2004 Capricorn

Buckley My Pussy (cat)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:47 pm

Thats what we want to see, BRING IT ON
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:52 pm

Excellent post droche 2004
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: