Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Queing at Colonial

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ytry4 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 9:59 am
Post subject: Queing at ColonialReply with quote

Hi pie fans,

I just want to comment on the long line (of about 80m they said) of people waiting in line to get a ticket on friday night. well, Ive never seen that kind of a line at the mcg... at the G, they have tickets sold at every entry booth.

but the next day i read that ian colllins said there were 48 selling booths. well thats just bulldust! why would there be that much of a line if that were the case? u cant tell me everyone just went to the ONE ticketmaster booth! well, i had a membership ticket, so no probs 4 me, but my mate did not, so i had to wait for him.

anyone else wanna comment on this ongoing problem at colonial?

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 2:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh ill comment -> JUMP THE ***IN FENCE!

#11~GO OBIE~#11

eMmA 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 2:45 pm

yeah i came out at quater time and people were still lining up for tickets!!!

LATERZ

------------------
SAV&ANTHONY R SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 6:04 pm

ha! dont get me started!
well i already had my membership cos they actually bothered to mail mine out a couple of months ago (surprise surprise), but my mates didnt so they had to join this RIDICULOUS line, though it wasnt 80m it was more like 50. so they FINALLY got in just after quarter time.
and yes ytry4 i was thinking that too! there are no stupid long lines like at colonihole! and their excuse was that everyone rocked up at the one time. and if they could tell everyone not to do this (and they actually did it) then they wouldnt have to wait. its called reserves!!! if there is something to DO before the game then maybe we would get there earlier, but at colonihole you just sit there listening to about 3 gay arse songs that are played over and over again, with the occasional annoying ad as well. and if you are playing those bloody idiot western bulldogs well! u have to put up with an annoying virtual mascot thing saying doggie X 3.
and they wonder why no one gets there early!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 6:48 am

The long queues, I saw, at Colonial where for people who had to pick up their tickets before they could line up to get into the stadium. As I explained to a friend, when we went past it, only a fool would pay an extra $5 for the pleasure of phone booking a ticket, and then wait for ages to pick it up. I do not think the people who overheard me where all that impressed, but hey I was right, so copped no grief.

The line into the Stadium, or to buy a walk up ticket was not very long when I got there, and I doubt even at kick off would it have been 45 minutes.

As usual Ian Collins is sprouting verbal crap. Isn't Ticketmaster one of the owners of Colonial and technically one of his bosses. Appears he is reluctant to point the finger at them, but would rather slag off at the paying public for all arriving at the stadium at first bounce. Now this is crap, I left the bar at Spencer street at around 7, and I had plenty of time to line up at two Collingwood tents (the first one had runout of forms), sign up for my membership, laugh at the people lined up to collect their tickets, laugh at the fact you did not have to line up to buy your SuckKilda membership (as there where not many takers), have a ciggie, line up to get into the stadium (actually no line, just scanned my card). Have a beer or two in the Locker Room, and walk out there in time to run into JLC, who pointed out where Joffa was sitting (could not find him as he was in "disguise" ie. no beanie, no sun glasses) watch the first bounce, and search for 3 empty seats behind the cheer squad.

So what is all the fuss about?

Moral of the story is,
NEVER PICK UP TICKETS AT COLONIAL.
Scottie Davo 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 8:45 am

Lads,

Never mind the shinannigans at Colonial, i'm up here in Sydney and recently went to a trial match in Rugby League.

The facilities, sound system, scoreboard and general atmosphere was woeful.

Rugby League is dying fast, and it will say RIP 1980 because they never got past that year.

AFL is easily the premier football code in the country, and as long as we avoid the 50 something commentary by pork bellied media moguls that league have up here, who think and talk like they are in the 60's, we won't have a problem.

Note well Ian Collins. It is not a bad thing to admit your mistakes, for if you treat AFL supporters the way League treat theirs, a revolution will see you ousted very quickly.

------------------
In my blood...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: