Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

R13: Geelong v Collingwood - Sat 1:10pm

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the wrap Shane!

www.facebook/the hybernators
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the last ten minutes of the first quarter, second and third quarters on TV so far. I just wanted to mention a few players that excite me.

Josh Thomas: an absolute gem! Could be a major steal from the draft. Beautiful fast extraction skills, lightning reflexes and excellent anticipation in close. Reads ball off hands quicker than all around him and is good by both foot and hand. Was best on ground IMO from the part I saw. But more than just an extractor as has very good pace, evasive skills and was well involved in some link play. Well on the way to being an AFL player. Seems confident and appears to have much self belief at this level.

Sean Rusling: don't bother replying to this with sarcastic, snide remarks about durability. We all know he has been injured forever. But Sean played his first game back for about three months. I thought it was a much better return than could be expected. Everything he did was a class above VFL. Took some beautiful contested marks. His vertical leap, judgment and timing in the air were fantastic. He used his body in the contests beautifully and beat his opponent Gillies (who is no slouch) almost every time it came his way. Looks really strong and still has those strong hands to clunk the ball. We should all pray the injury Gods smile on him as he is all class. If by some miracle he can play lots of game time in the next month you never know what might happen. He is an x factor no opposition could plan for in September. Holding my breath.

Keefe: looking good. Seems to have a great temperament. Played a solid game. Doing most of the basics well. You can see with his non footy background he is concentrating very hard to do the little things and make the right decisions. Looks like a natural in traffic but as yet is not using his height as a weapon. But that might come. Reminds me in style of Pete Moore. An exciting prospect. Only query is what position will he own?

MCarthy: second game back from Hammy. More game time this week & was in the best. Showed his usual zip and some of his disposal was a sight to behold. May be too late to make an impact in seniors this year but he will be a bonus next year. A class act developing. Just needs another pre-season and 2 or 3 months of solid footy.

Hunter: could be another bargain. I keep seeing this kid's name bobbing up and this was the first time I really watched him. His VFL performances are improving and I have no doubt he will at the minimum stay rookie listed or better in 2011. Winning plenty of the ball on the wing, linking up well, making good decisions and creative by foot. Fitting in really well.

Ryan Cook: his development looks like it has still stalled. Not sure if there is a future for him. Just doesn't look up to AFL. Many have gone past him obviously.

Feel free to ask me about anyone else that played.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: