Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New jumpers for home and away.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seth 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 4:10 am
Post subject: New jumpers for home and away.Reply with quote

I hear that the new jumper for home and away season will be a reverse of the black and white stripes (white instead of black, black instead of white). Does that mean I can just turn my jumper that I bought from the club last week inside out.

------------------
Go Pies!!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 11:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that Collingwood will be using (for the Ansett Cup) a similar away jumper but with a bigger Magpie. During the home and away season we will be using the same jumper for ever game, with the stripes. I also believe that VFL team will be wearing the Ansett Cup jumper all year round. Thats what I heard anyway.
stormguy_5 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 12:14 pm

The Realfooty.com.au website has this:

"Collingwood has revamped its playing guernseys this year, including a completely new-look Ansett Cup strip.
The Magpies will reveal their new designs on Wednesday before a training run at Colonial Stadium.
The pre-season cup guernsey will feature a much larger magpie on the jumper than in the past. Collingwood will wear one uniform once the home-and-away season starts in March.
It is believed the home-and-away guernsey will be predominantly the traditional black and white vertical stripes.
Collingwood president Eddie McGuire said the new home-and-away guernsey would now ''mean something more special'' to his players. ''You only get the black and white stripes if you play a senior game,'' he said."

Sounds like our jerseys may be changing a little but it's still gonna be the black and white stripes.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2001 3:23 am

I thought the reason Eddie said that was because reserves players will be in the Willie strip, with NO black & white stripes to be seen. (Now that I write that, I've forgotten what the Willie strip looks like...someone fill in the gap for me please).

------------------
Broadie
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2001 4:44 am

I remember Jack Elliot giving Eddie some grief because his club had never changed the design of their jumper (changed the colour once, but not the design).

I hoped Eddie McPie would have learned from that and stop stuffing around with our jumper. Has it chagned from last year or not.

I can not believe nobody knows what the hell has happened to the beloved black and white jumper this year.

Regardless of what I said above, I agree completely with McPie's deciding to have only the one home and away strip (whatever it is this year). The demands of marketing are met by the special ANSETT cup strip, a common sense compromise.
stormguy_5 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2001 10:10 am

The AFL website says the new jumper is black with white stripes, so the background is black and the numbers will be white i guess. Apparently we last used the design in 1928 when we won the flag. And Broadie i think the Willie jumpers were royal blue with a yellow sash last season so i think i'd rather them wear the ansett cup jersey.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2001 1:04 pm

Absoluetly fantastic i really love our new jumper,well its not new our great collingwood wore this type of jumper in the days of the 20's and 30's i love it,i will be even more proud to wear this revised collingwood jumper.Im really proud of collingwood for doing this.

------------------
There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: