Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rd 14 - Collingwood v Casey Scorpions

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing about reid is. he plays down back with vfl and then when he comes IF he comes into senior side he plays forward. the guy doesn't know what to do. he was shocking today.

sad thing about the vfl side is going by today's effort is that no one is ready to step into the afl side, maybe sidebottom could be the only player. marty will stay in vfl because he is going to ireland in a few weeks.

only highlight was the goal from bryan from the centre circle in the last qtr
Madmac 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 pm

Whilst he wasn't our best, I liked the game of Lachlan Keefe. Don't be surprised if he's elevated before year's end as insurance if Josh's knee doesn't come good.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:49 pm

Madmac wrote:
Whilst he wasn't our best, I liked the game of Lachlan Keefe. Don't be surprised if he's elevated before year's end as insurance if Josh's knee doesn't come good.

Please no - he isn't even close to being ready.
Josh & Wood would dominate him, what do you think opposition rucks would do to him?

Elevate Blair - We need some in and under in the midfield.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:56 pm

Getting VFL information is like searching for honesty in Parliament House. Has anyone got any alternate sources apart from the website below which expects people to join up just to get detailed results?

http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-118-0-0-0&a=FIXTURE&compID=80515

Did these guys buy the monopoly on VFL information?
twaters 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Fire Up wrote:
the thing about reid is. he plays down back with vfl and then when he comes IF he comes into senior side he plays forward. the guy doesn't know what to do. he was shocking today.

sad thing about the vfl side is going by today's effort is that no one is ready to step into the afl side, maybe sidebottom could be the only player. marty will stay in vfl because he is going to ireland in a few weeks.

only highlight was the goal from bryan from the centre circle in the last qtr

Reid was okay getting the ball, but disposal was rivalling early Rhyce Shaw at his worst (still he improved a bit too with age...I guess). Other highlights for me = form and disposal of Blight; and some good run from Reed.

Amazing how an injury to Fraser meant the VFL side needed a ruckman and so we pull in young Ceglar from the country as a ring in. That meant Keefe could play key defence and did amazingly well...we may accidentally be onto something there (a 200cm CHB?) but he still can't get a hand to a ruck tap. Meanwhile Thoolen had a ruck run and didn't make that much of an impression for me.

Young Ceglar just looks the part even though he was monstered at several ruck contests...perhaps we persevered with him so much in order to see if he is worth a late draft or early rookie pick? We sure do need to bolster this department even at VFL level. I hope he gets another go with the VFL team. I thought there was a lot to look forward to there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: