Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

rocca plays well in vfl match for pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
501cfc Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

love the fact maltee hasn't rushed rocca. its a long year. "the ox is patient !" Wink
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:50 am

Another week in the twos will have Big Ant pacing the sidelines and eager to tear it up. He's been out a long time, it's a fair trip to Qld, and it's a long season. He's had a bit of a hit-out in the twos, but another week will only do him good, get him closer to peak fitness and Rocca never plays well when he isn't fit.

Stay with last week's forwards, consider swapping Bryan for Brown ..... probably swap Bryan in for N Brown, who is out of sorts and needs a run in the twos to get it back together. Or possibly Dawes, depending on his reserves form.

Heater and Johnson both out: bring in Corrie against his old side if his reserves form is good enough, and Cook to replace Johnson.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:02 am

I'm keen to see Rusty Frontbottom but agree that ANZAC Day seems a perfect occasion for his debut. Yeah, leave Rocca till then too.

I think we'll have two dominant wins in the next two weeks and everyone will get on better (on this board, I mean)!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:10 am

Maybe give it one more week, if travel's a factor, if not, and he's ready to go, no point holding him back.
Essendon would be a perfect match up, particularly if they decide to play Daniher on him. He was terrible against Carlton. Fev's poor kicking was all that kept him from being the match winner.

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:17 am

Heater_39 wrote:
Bring Anthony Rocca straight in. 1-2. Massive match we must win. He is ready.

I think you're right. Ideally another week in the 2s but we can't really afford that now.

Rocca's inclusion would also release Leigh Brown to the back line where we need him to settle in.

j@. Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:57 pm

I went for the first half to look at the defenders then the mids and forwards in the 2nd Q. Rocca scored the first two goals of the match and I was impressed with his run into the mid where he intercepted a pass ran off and sent a pass 40M onto the chest of a team mate with a Gellong player chasing. He WILL be on the plane for Brisbane!

Dawes in the first half was poor, couldn't mark a ball, Corrie was good but his passing was astray at times, Bryan is head and shoulders ahead of Wood and should be joining Rocca on the plane.

Sidebottom is a long way off senior football and I would be surprised if he was called up, unless he absolutely starred in the second half?

Reid looks at home in the Resies, say no more. Scott Reid looks a likely type, Baraham did will but Goldsack is only so so and if Heath was rubbed out and Goldie replaced him I would be disappointed with that decision.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:51 pm

Seems no-one thinks Blair will get a game. Wasn't he BOG, and has been in good form for a few weeks?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: