Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anyone travelling to Cranny to SUPPORT!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WKB 

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny old game, those fade outs are killing us but one of our best games for the year I thought, desperation and attack on the ball was really good.

But kudos to me and anyone else who travelled from western suburbs for an hour to sit in bloody freezing weather to support the lads today.

I'll give a more detailed report on the game at a later date.
foxychick Gemini

jay

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:13 am

I thought Dawes tried very hard and has a bit of grunt in him. He seems to have deceptive pace. Jaxon Barham continues to impress me even though he hasn't played too many games. His pace is genuienly an asset and he seems to go in for the hard stuff. I thought we just kept breaking down mind/half forward with our only targets Reid and Dawes becoming to predictable for Casey's defence to rebound. I hope we rookie Frost.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:50 pm

foxychick wrote:
I thought Dawes tried very hard and has a bit of grunt in him. He seems to have deceptive pace. Jaxon Barham continues to impress me even though he hasn't played too many games. His pace is genuienly an asset and he seems to go in for the hard stuff. I thought we just kept breaking down mind/half forward with our only targets Reid and Dawes becoming to predictable for Casey's defence to rebound. I hope we rookie Frost.

It was the delivery to our forwards that helped the rebound, the kicks coming to them were from midfielders under a little bit of pressure (due to overpossession of the ball on my occasions), or simply not hitting targets and Ried and dawes had the ball going over their heads or at their bootlaces. To their credit they fought hard at ground level, particularly Dawes, but often outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1.

Jaxson keeps getting better, and I liked the looks of a Georgie Dick out their today, has a bit of grunt about him.

Only downside was what seemed to be a leg injury to Jack, saw him run off the ground at Quarter time and seemed to be talking about his neck which was a worry, he came back on and it didn't seem to bother him. Then he limped off and they worked on his leg for a bit, brought him back on at Full Forward but he didn't last long there and he actually took himself off, hobbling to the bench. Hopefully just some extreme cramping.
Prynny_22 Sagittarius

Out of Nicks BB Retirement

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:10 pm

what was the wind like!

Cranny footy vlub play there every 1nd saturday. the other week the wind was terrible, blowing across from the tenis courts straight across the ground.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: