Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How sweet it is

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rash 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2001 6:43 am
Post subject: How sweet it isReply with quote

What a game. Liverpool won 5-4 and that's not penalties. 4-4 After normal time and then an own goal to win it as a golden goal in extra time. That's like beating Carlton with a kick after the siren.

You'll never walk alone

Fletch 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2001 1:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game and a great result, now I just want that final Champions League spot!

C'mon reds!

Also did anyone see that fan who had on the back of his shirt at the top *We all* and than in the middle he had the number *8* and than below thae he had *Mancs*. That really cracked me up, big time!

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2001 4:09 pm

Well it was a great game but I had to feel sorry for Alaves they were a game bunch of bastards & considering they were a village side 9 years ago there achievement was pretty awesome.I really thought Liverpool were going to blow it & to be honest I don't think they played that well but 3 trophies is a good season in anyone's book but I have thsi feeling that if they qualify for the Champion's League they may really struggle.It may be to their advantage to not qualify as Man U ,Arsenal & Leeds would all be dealing with the excessive demands of that comp it might leave the way clear for Liverpool to sneak the Premiership.

'I love the great Liverpool FC, 4 times European Champions, 18 times English Champions & very, very lucky winners of the 2001 FA Cup Final'
rash 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2001 5:22 am

We don't just want to win the league, we want the champs league title too.

Liverpool will be restored to it's rightful place as the greatest club in Europe. We will need to make a few changes first though. Get rid of Hamman. Too negative. We need more playmakers in midfield. Can we have Viera please? We also need a quality left back. I thought Ziege would have been the final piece in the jigsaw for our back line but he has been dissapointing.

I like the look of Gerrard on the right but we need someone in the middle of the park that can take control. I did ask for Viera didn't I?

Fletch 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2001 7:23 am

Rash- Might have to disagree with you on Ziege, I still rate him highly considering he hasn't been given many opportunities. Babbel is world class, Henchoez and Hyppia is a great combination, Carragher has been good since moving back and I especially like it when the Kop chants "Carragher for England".

Agree with you that the midfield is where we need to buy, How much is Figo asking for these days? haha

Theres no problems up front hwoever, I really hope we keep Fowler.

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2001 4:52 pm

I would have said that Gerrard is the man to control things in the centre of midfield,can tackle, run, pass & score, I think he's a bit wasted on the right.Maybe Liverpool need more cover in the centre of defence & a genuine quick, skillfull winger.But mainly for Houllier to become a bit more positive, you know at the end of the day they've won 3 trophies but they're not the ones that really matter & Liverpool supporteres shouldn't lose sight of that.

'I love the great Liverpool FC, 4 times European Champions, 18 times English Champions & very, very lucky winners of the 2001 FA Cup Final'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: