Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Attention Fletch, JLC and Alf

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rash 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 5:57 am
Post subject: Attention Fletch, JLC and AlfReply with quote

Just to make Dipper squirm a bit more, why don't we all fire off lots of questions for Dipper and read that lovely signature he has put in his profile.

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 2:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's no questions but I am compelled to post something even though for once I really haven't got a lot to say about football, it's been a long hard season there was hardly any break last summer due to the European Championships & I'm looking forward to the break.Still on the subject of Liverpool, one of the Alaves players has been shouting off his mouth saying how crap the scousers are so there's a bit of incentive in shoving his words down his throat, Liverpool should win but this lot are the classic underdogs & we all remember what happened when Liverpool played some other notable underdogs in a final in 1988 don't we? hehehehe & for those that don't remember they lost 1-0 to Wimbledon in the FA cup final.

'I love the great Liverpool FC, 4 times European Champions, 18 times English Champions & very, very lucky winners of the 2001 FA Cup Final'
rash 

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 3:50 am

So how do you think the Poms will go against the Paks in the cricket? It is good to see Dominic Cork get a recall. He has had a bad run with injuries. He is the English version of Jason Gillespie. He looks a lot like Alan Donald. Would be nice if he could bowl as well as Donald. I hope Ian Ward gets a game. He has been doing really well in the England A squad.

Fletch 

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 4:35 am

Damm Crazy gang, I'm just glad I was too young to remember it and only have to live with watching a few highlights here and there Dip. The '96 final was the one that really hurt me truth be told, it really cemented my hatred for Manchester United.

And whats with all this cricket talk? It's a bloody boring game fellas.

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

rash 

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 6:19 am

I follow most sports Fletch however nothing comes close to football (aussie rules and soccer).

Are you going to set your alarm for 4.15am tommorrow? I can't wait.

What happened to those Manc supporters on this forum? Also haven't seen Joffa in here for a while. Must be too busy with his cheersquad organisation.

Fletch 

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 7:03 am

Mmm I don't know about that Rash, I have to wake up early enough for work as it is, plus I will have to leave before full time. I'll probably just set the timer and stay well away from the radio all day.

Joffa is probably still trying to recover from the 3-0 hiding we gave them a couple of weeks ago in the league, thanks to that hat-trick from the one and only Micky Owen. Also it looks like they will certainly lose Kieron Dyer, things sure are looking very gloomy at St James Park nowdays.

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2001 4:03 pm

Hey Rash I reckon we'll beat the cheats unfortunately it's pissing down here at the moment (surprise surprise)so there's been no play before lunch.But Ward is in the side as is Cork, I like Cork as well as he's a bit of a nutter with a lot of aggression which should serve him well against the Aussies.

All you Liverpool supporters would have loved a programme on TV here a couple of days ago it was called 'When Liverpool ruled the World' & was all about Liverpool's heyday in European football.I think Alf would have particularly enjoyed some footage of the Kop in the 60's where everybody was jammed in like sardines swaying from side to side singing 'She Loves you yeh yeh yeh' (to those that don't know this is a Beatles song-the other 'big thing' in the city of Liverpool at the time.
Then they had an interwiew with an Italian football journalist who was with the Liverpool squad before the 1984 European Cup Final,as he puts it Liverpool spent the week before the game 'preparing' in Tel Aviv, Israel & he said you could tell what time of the day it was by how many empty beer cans the Liverpool players had besides them on the beach & that there were many female Liverpool supporters in Tel Aviv who will have happy memories of their nights with the Liverpool players!Liverpool went on to beat Roma in the final that was held in Rome & it makes me laugh that they have a manager now in Houllier who bans the players from drinking & makes them goto bed early & eat pasta & potatos, grilled chicken& all that crap-it's such a load of bollocks, treat them like men, train them hard & let them let off a bit of steam & you'll have much better results than if you make them live like a bunch of bloody monks,as 4 European Cups in 7 years proves.

'I love the great Liverpool FC, 4 times European Champions, 18 times English Champions & very, very lucky winners of the 2001 FA Cup Final'
rash 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2001 4:38 am

I have a video on Liverpool F.C that has the footage of the crowd singing that song. It brings a tear to my eye everytime I watch it.

I tend to agree with you regarding the don't drink bollocks that is used by some managers but I don't know how true it is. Are they just saying that to keep people happy who whinge about players being roll models? It would be hard to police it. You would have to have your players under surveillance 24 hours a day.

How can you stop men from drinking the amber fluid of the gods?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: