Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Champs League

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rash 

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 7:13 am
Post subject: Champs LeagueReply with quote

It is looking good for Liverpool to take that 3rd spot and secure a position for the Champions League thanks to a 3 nil win over Newcastle (Bad luck Joffa). A win against Chelsea on Tuesday will guarantee 3rd spot.

Dipper. Looking forward to Saturday? Should be a cracker.

Cheers

Rash

Fletch 

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 8:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

OH what a weekend!

Can't wait to see the highlights this afternoon.

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 4:14 pm

Rash my old mate you could say that I'm getting a little excited.Should be a good game both sides playing well it's all or nothing for us but you've got the UEFA cup to come.Obviously Arsenal will be putting out what they believe to be their best side but Liverpool will be juggling their players between the 2 finals as obviously it will be tough to play 2 big games in the space of 5 days at the end of a long season.I hope (no I pray) that Liverpool don't start Robbie Fowler against us, even though I think Owen is a better player Fowler's record against us is frightening he's hit a couple of hat tricks & numerous other goals so I hope they've ear marked him for the UEFA cup final.
All the press over here is talking Liverpool up as the form side so I don't think they fancy Arsenal to win but despite our poor recent record against the scousers I'm EXTREMELY confident of a victory by my beloved boys in red & white, & then I can relax waiting for next season by following the remorseless march to glory of the great Hawthorn football club & perhaps an Ashes series victory thrown in for good measure.

'They claim everyone was born but I don't recall it.Maybe I was having one of my blackouts'-Jim Morrisson
rash 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 8:05 am

I am on your side for the ashes Dip. I was born a Pom and will always be a Pom.

As for Hawthorn. You haven't played a top 5 side yet. You should win your next 2 but then you face Essendon. That will be the big test.

How about a wager on the Cup Final? If The Arse win (not likely) I will put 'I love Arsenal FC' In my signature on my profile for a week and you can put 'I love Liverpool FC' in yours if, I mean when Liverpool win.

How about it?

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2001 2:20 pm

Hehe-sounds good to me I'm up for that but there must be a proviso that you have to come on & actually leave a few posts otherwise you could go missing for the week.(which would be gutless & cowardly but is the sort of thing I'd do).

Omens are looking good for the Gunners, Arsenal ladies team won the women's cup final & the youth side have just got to the youth FA final of which they're holders so I'm expecting the seniors to come good.What would you rather win Rash given the choice the FA cup or the UEFA cup, personally I'd rather win the UEFA.

Do you give us a chance in the Ashes?I don't know how much you've seen of the team over there but for the first time in my memory we're actually competitive & playing a tough game so here's hoping.
Where abouts are you from are you a genuine scouser?or are you a bandwagoner like a lot of Liverpool supporters?

RE:Hawthorn I'm just glad to see the team looking good but we've beaten Melbourne who are 5th, I'd fancy us against Richmond & Power especially in Melbourne & maybe we won't beat Essendon but I bet we give them a bloody hard game.

'They claim everyone was born but I don't recall it.Maybe I was having one of my blackouts'-Jim Morrisson
rash 

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2001 4:13 am

Hey Dip

Lets make it at least one post per day.

To tell you the truth, I would give the F.A and UEFA Cup away for that 3rd spot in the league. I think the Champs league is the one to win and show that we can cut it with the best in Europe. I would rather win the UEFA over the F.A especially after Jordi Cruiff (sp) has been bad mouthing us. Typical from a MANUre reject.

I do give England a good chance in the Ashes as I have been following there form on cricinfo. All the big headed Aussies I work with think that it's over before it started. I would love to shove it up them.

I am not a true Scouser but have been following Liverpool for about 25 years. I was born in a sea side town called Weston Super-Mare in Somerset. I am the odd one out as all my family are from Sheffield and are Owls supporters

Anyway Dip. Lets hope for a good game as the F.A Cup is quite often a let down and not a great advertisement for the game. Some of my friends only watch the F.A Cup and say how crap the world game is on that evidence.

May the best Liverpool team win.

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2001 4:32 pm

OK Rash, 1 post a day it is.
I'm also hoping for a good game, the last time there was such anticipation of a rip roaring cup final was in 96 when your boys played Man U (& you don't need to be reminded who won) & that was a terrible game.I think it's up to Liverpool as to whether this is a good game as Arsenal basically play the same way every game but in certain games Liverpool play a sort of counter attacking style where they get men behind the ball & look for quick attacks which can be a bit negative.
Over here they've been coming out with some stuff regarding the 1971 cup final where Arsenal beat Liverpool 2-1 so I'll go for a repeat of that scoreline.

quote:
All the big headed Aussies I work with think that it's over before it started. I would love to shove it up them.

Oh mate ain't that the truth, all my Aussie mates think we're in cloud cuckoo land for even thinking we've got a chance against the mighty baggygreeners-I too would LOVE to shove it right up em.

PS will Liverpool be coming dressed as a bunch of Italian ice cream salesman like they did in 96 or have they got something different in mind this year?

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2001 9:54 am

Looks like summer as finally arrived Dipper (wel, for 3 days at least) gonna be a hot final, and as much as I hate to, I'm jumpping on the Arse wagon, cos I hate Liverpool even more.

Hope its a good game and not too boring. I'm playing cricket so will only get to see it if we bat first, and I make my traditional paltry score opening the batting. Great day for lager Dipper, get it down you Zulu Warrior!

Fletch 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2001 11:03 am

Ssssshhhh Dip, metioning the '96 final is a hangable offence or at least it should be. I'm still haunted by it, hopefully tonights win should erase those painful memories once and for all.

6hrs til kick-off!

Go Reds!

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

Fletch 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2001 11:03 am

Also where is the rap song this year does anyone know? haha

[This message has been edited by Fletch (edited 12 May 2001).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: