Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I know I was going to be away but...I cannot let this slide

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:56 pm
Post subject: I know I was going to be away but...I cannot let this slideReply with quote

Quote:
Chief Justice urged not to record conviction against John White
Posted Wed Dec 5, 2007 12:20pm AEDT
Updated Wed Dec 5, 2007 12:41pm AEDT
(ABC News: Nicole Price)

Map: Hobart 7000

Former Tasmanian Labor Minister, John White will be sentenced on Monday after admitting he broke the law when he signed a monopoly deal with former Deputy Premier Bryan Green.

The Chief Justice Peter Underwood has been urged not record a conviction against him, because it would ruin any future political or career prospects.

The court heard as the former director of the Tasmanian Compliance Corporation, White knew the deal he signed with the State Government would limit the powers of a minister to appoint another body to accredit the state's builders.

White has pleaded guilty to the charge of interfering with an executive officer.

It is the first known example of this crime.

In sentencing submissions today, White's lawyer, David Porter told the Chief Justice his client was of excellent character with a high public standing.

He said White, a former Labor Minister, signed the service level agreement to protect his company, the Tasmanian Compliance Corporation, giving it a security of tenure.

However he said if White had known that his actions in any way were illegal he would never had signed it.

Mr Porter urged the Chief Justice not to record a conviction saying he has already suffered considerable emotional and professional trauma.

He said since being charged White has been professionally and socially ostracised and avoids contact with friends and acquaintances.

w
The Director of Public Prosecutions, Tim Ellis said under the Sentencing Act the Chief Justice could avoid recording a conviction against White.

Since I was going to be away finding a house and moving, which I found the house today, I read in the paper this morning that a former teacher of mines husband was done for fraud!

...what relevance does this have to me you ask? Well Mrs. White back in 1992 when I was only 8 told me that I was never going to be a Rhodes Scholar like her and her husband, or be anything successful...

Now....look what happened? In 1999 a kid chucked a chair at her, and now her husband got done! I know it's cruel to laugh at someone's misfortunes but that woman was cruel...and well...I laughed at this.

Sorry, I admit I'm an asshole. Smile

Oh...and I might not be the Rhodes Scholar she said I was never going to be, but I have an IQ of 130 and I am happy with the talents I have, and I never said I wanted to be some kind of "genius" ....I hated school, and I hated her even more.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage

Last edited by The Prototype on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
member34258 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Entirely justifiable Proto.
What a pair of a-holes they must be.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I had her twice and for some reason she always hated me, I hated maths and never succeed at it. I loved to read, and loved to write the only teacher I had that encouraged that side of me was my Grade 4 teacher Mrs. Sealy.

She loved my short stories, and always said I had a creative mind.Smile

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: