Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Liberals attacked Unions and lost

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel wrote:
David?

Whatever it is, I didn't do it!!! Shocked

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:39 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Just to make a point, from what I understand Labor and the Coalition got almost the same share of the primary vote. Green preferences got Labor their win.

There's no argument that Rudd has a mandate to reform/repeal workchoices but when you look at the data, it's not exactly overwhelming support for the unions.

Don't you get sick of constantly being wrong?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:15 pm

Frank Stone wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Just to make a point, from what I understand Labor and the Coalition got almost the same share of the primary vote. Green preferences got Labor their win.

There's no argument that Rudd has a mandate to reform/repeal workchoices but when you look at the data, it's not exactly overwhelming support for the unions.

Don't you get sick of constantly being wrong?

I wouldn't know.

Don't you get sick of constantly being a rude, arrogant imbecile?

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:19 pm

Michael Bachelard

Written by a well known Labor party and union supporter so what would you expect....what, you weren't thinking there is no bias in reporting????????...

and to save argument the writers in support of the other mob are just as bad....

Cheers

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:01 am

It's interesting the amount of union bashers there are. I do not see the same union movement that I grew up with these days. The legislation that is in place these days both state and federal gives people little option. You can only strike after a certain period and it can only go for a certain amount of days and you can be sued for withdrawing your labour etc outside that period. I would like to know wtf you are suppose to do? And Labour uses this same fascist legislation and that is why none of this will change under Rudd.

To all you union bashers have a look at the past strikes in Vic. What have they striked for? Police & Nurses for better pay and conditions, teachers for better pay and conditions and what did the State Labour Government give them. The bare minimum. Those three unions do not strike for the sake of it. They had not had an increase in three years and under their agreement had to beg at a certain period of time and this is the time. They then have to negotiate for three years. If they take 3% a year for three years and cpi goes up 5% they are behind in the first year and so on. You only have to ask what you were paying for fuel three years ago and realise what could happen. And please do not give me this shit that it could go down, what goes down? If anything prices are accelerating each week due to many factors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: