Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Renters party up before getting kicked out.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
member34258 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:57 am
Post subject: Renters party up before getting kicked out.Reply with quote

Always a problem when you try and evict renters from the property.
They generally have a going away party and trash the place.
No different here I suppose;
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,22839179-5006301,00.html
Let's hope there are not to many holes in the walls!
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since Real Estate Agents never give you back your Bond, no matter how pristine you leave the property, you might as well trash the joint.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on dark lord. They always find an excuse. Having been a landlord and a renter there are always two sides to the story. Let’s highlight the landlords that won't fix anything and have people over a barrel at the moment who need somewhere to live. Rat infested mould ridden properties you would not keep and animal in yet they are allowed to rent them out. For every bad renter story I could nominate a bad landlord. The trouble is that does not make the news.

I had one landlord who fixed a gas heater, he was not qualified and we nearly died because of what he did. I had to get the Gas & Fuel in to condemn the heater and make him put a new one in. He did and wanted me to pay. I wanted out he said he would keep the bond to cover the heater. So we stayed for 6 months through court cases without paying. Court case after court case and then one weekend we left and left the place a mess, even a car shell in the garage. Payback’s a bitch.

I had another landlord who bent over backwards to keep us in the place and I kept that place perfect. I did a slight chip in the wall when I moved out (the fridge hit it). I called him and I repaired the hole but would have to paint. He said don’t worry about it he will need to paint anyway. He was happy he had no expenditure on the property whilst we rented.

You look after someone they will look after you. You treat them like shit at your own peril. Mind you there is also that very small minority that should be sterilised and given a tent to live in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: