Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Far Canal

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 9:26 am
Post subject: Far CanalReply with quote

I have been down in Melbourne for five years now. For the first three years I went to plenty of games (nearly every one played at the MCG) but did not really consider being a member because I did not want to give financial support to the, then, administration. The arrival of Eddie convinced me that the administration had changed enough to deserve a go. I have been a member for the last two season.

Eddie, you promised us a premiership and have given us last and second last. In the days of the draft, last and second last, is not neccesarily inconsistent with building a premiership team, AS LONG AS WE DO WELL IN TRADING AND DRAFTING at the same time.

I was thinking of going for social club membership next year. But I gotta admit that I am disillusioned after the results of the trading have been released. Despite the advantage of having come second last, plenty of money to spend, and having two established players wanting to leave, we come up with ... 2 guys who could not establish themselves in the Shockers team, Molloy (just so Joffa can scream out "Who ate the last donut!"), and some guy Geelong was willing to receive pick number 44 for. What is going on? Didn't they stop and think?

How come,
* we had to give up pick number 22 as well as Mal for Molloy and a lower draft pick? Mal is fit and an up and comer, Molloy is not fit and on his way down. Molloy's body is unlikely to stand the rigours of AFL for much longer, if at all. We should have told them to get stuffed, Mal could have taken his luck in the second draft or come to term with the Pies.
* all we got for Olarenshaw is a draft pick 2 places higher than the one we threw in with him. Geez, I really will be looking at the players who get drafted at position 37 and 38 coz in the end (and all those hundreds of thousands of dollars, that is all the value we got out of Ricky Oh Shit I've Hurt My Back).

We lost,
Paul Williams
Mal Michael

We Got,
Jarrod Molloy - suspect, probably only get limited use from
Brodie Holland - not as good as Willow
Clement - not as good as Mal
Steinfort - who, actually he hopefully is the sleeper
pick # 37 - who knows

Now I am rethinking about joining at all, let alone going for social club membership.

Honestly, I do not think they deserve us as supporters. We put blind faith in them year after year and the people running our club let us and the players down. Yet they still think they can charge us a premium for our membership!

Stuff it. I am off to the soccer tonight. Go AUSTRALIA! REMEMBER TOBRUK!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 9:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Spidergirl, we also lost
Ricky Olarenshaw
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:13 am

Good points but if we were that angry we would change clubs just like a few of our players chose to. Otheriwise deep down we must all still really love Collingwood. I think i feel most sorry for the players actually. When they loose they are to blame but if the team is not put together properly by the club in the first place then they cant do much but stay on the bottom of the ladder.

Who knows anyway if Melbourne can look quite average on paper from the start of the year after finishing 14th the previous season then end up in a grannny then maybe Collingwood will shock us all too. I hope so!

Othwerwise Greg J just jump on the Roos bandwagon with me hehe! Buy a couple of clubs memberships and %$^£$%^&%% yeah! we'll be laughing come finals time when we have a hot little grand final ticket in our hand!

???

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2000 10:29 am

yeah why the f*ck do we have to pay heaps more for our memberships compared to other teams, f*ck if anyone can ask for how much collingwood ask for its essendon, at least they get to use theirs more than 22 times......
magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2000 4:39 pm

I think I'll get a Social Club membership next year! As well as my full membership as a AFL Club Supporter. This I think is the beginning of very good times for us.
There is nothing like seeing a "kid" take the game by the scruff of the neck. I remember Daics' game against St. Kilda... standing in the outer at Windy Hill when my best mate (a Essendon supporter) said "Millane won't make it" Yeah Right Dickhead! Brown, Crossica... Francis kicking the wrong way in the first final against WC in '90. Kelly in his first "game" hitting Dermie at some baseball stadium in the USA. The game agianst WC where Worsfold had bagged Kelly as he left the field with a knee in Perth and the return game at Vic Park where Worsfold copped it all day from every Collingwood player and supporter. Now where to hide eh! Johhny? Micky Gayfer, blood streaming down his face after a clash with Ablett and he gets up and runs straight over to mind his man... Ablett. Ronny McKeown running down the field at Princess Park against Fitzroy and kicking a goal from outside fifty. Getting put out of the finals in "straight sets in '88 and '89. You know hwat happened next.
This year I said to my mate "one day Nick Davis is going to take a game by the throat" he did... against the Orange Roos at Clonial. Tarrant, Adkins, Josh... the first five games this year are a taste of things to come. Collingwood was built with everyone back against the wall.
Why the postive attitude? I don't know I just got a feeling. I don't need more than that it's served me well thus far.

nikki 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 9:31 am

I agree with you in a sense,
We were promised a lot of things and it hasnt happened. But you just wait and see, we cant just stop supporting them just because we are going through a rough patch, we cant be that team that have bandwagon supporters. We have to stand bu them buy our memberships like we have each and every year, go and support the mighty pies. We have to go and stand by them.
I know the first 5 games was just a taste of what is a bout to come. And personally i cant wait! Bring on season 2001

------------------
GO THE MIGHTY PIES
SAV & ANTHONY LEGENDS FOREVER!!!
GO ROGAN, JOSH YOUR MY HERO..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: