Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Another soldier killed in Afghanistan... this time SAS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EBB 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:47 pm
Post subject: Re: Human beings! Not a commodity!Reply with quote

David wrote:

just wondering, EBB, do you believe in the possibility of a just war?

Like World War 2, for example?

First of David, I'm an individual with free will.

David, do you have a wrist watch, you know, your own little time machine.

What does wwII have to do with me, I wasn't even born. Should my grandfather have died in that war I wouldn't be here to answer your question.

If Australia was attacked during wwII and we didn't defend, then whatever life would be today, we would've been born into.

Also, I'm not really fond of the word "believe".

If you can't comprehend anything I've written above, then walk away. Smile

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you heard of the word 'hypothetical'?

Just because you didn't live through WW2 doesn't mean it never happened, or that a similar situation couldn't happen again. What would your response be then? That we shouldn't declare war on Nazi Germany because there is no such thing as a 'just' war? Think about it.

EBB 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:47 am

Right, so it's ok to be selective when it comes to "who should we invade today"?

No problem to declare war on Hitler, But NOT ok to declare war on Idi Amin Dada Oumee.

Hypotheticals are silly...

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:08 pm

War is just that WAR. Nothing just or unjust about it. In a perfect World there would be no War. And we all sleep in our beds at night not realising just what our Soldiers are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Like us being there or not please show some respect for the fallen and not turn this into a circus. We all have our views and we all hope and pray that Australia will not lose another of its own. SAS are trained to fight and to put their life on the line. Channel your thoughts to his family not turn this issue into a personal soapbox.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
EBB 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:04 pm

bwphantom wrote:
War is just that WAR.

I disagree. War is bias, selective and BIG BUSINESS. The soldiers are used as cattle. How anyone can justify war is beyond me.

Even soldiers sleep in their bed, a bed they made because someone convinced them it was the right thing to do.

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:08 pm

bwphantom wrote:
War is just that WAR. Nothing just or unjust about it. In a perfect World there would be no War. And we all sleep in our beds at night not realising just what our Soldiers are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Like us being there or not please show some respect for the fallen and not turn this into a circus. We all have our views and we all hope and pray that Australia will not lose another of its own. SAS are trained to fight and to put their life on the line. Channel your thoughts to his family not turn this issue into a personal soapbox.

How do you link peoples dislike a war and the killing of people with disrespect for a dead Australian Soldier?

How is it, you think, it is you who sets the rules of this discussion?

Isn't the death of a Soldier the perfect time to discuss the issues surrounding his death?

bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Not trying to set rules. But EBB calling people C**ts is just simply wrong.
That is all I object to. But thought I would come out in a nice way and say it instead of just in your face like now.

And I am just saying that those remarks were disrespectful and maybe look at retracting.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
EBB 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:51 pm

bwphantom wrote:
That is all I object to. But thought I would come out in a nice way and say it instead of just in your face like now.

And I am just saying that those remarks were disrespectful and maybe look at retracting.

That was in reference to the politicians. My thoughts to them for refering to a dead soldier as "just cause". Yeah, I was offended too.

If it offended you, you could ask the mods or atleast, PM me to 'edit' said word.

bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:58 pm

EBB wrote:
bwphantom wrote:

That was in reference to the politicians. My thoughts to them for refering to a dead soldier as "just cause". Yeah, I was offended too.

If it offended you, you could ask the mods or atleast, PM me to 'edit' said word.

I understand EBB the madness we feel when not in control. I just feel for the guy and his family. Himself and his Family knew the possibilities and I am pretty sure they are not coming out and calling Polly's C**ts. It is not the word that offends just the manner in which it was used. I agree they are every dirty word imaginable and War sucks, and why do we sacrifice good people. We may never fully understand this. All I am saying is remember what he stood for and we don't know what he believed in. He may of thought he was over there doing the right thing.

That is what makes him a Hero.

Cheers mate. Smile

Jock McHale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: