Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Results of CFC Trading

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Disaster.

Taking it one transaction at a time:

Williams to Sydney for picks 8 and 39: would have only made sense if we'd kept pick 8.

But no. Not Collingwood. No brains. We swap pick 8 for two nobodies from Freo plus pick 22.

Then, in the most incomprehensible deal of them all, we give up pick 22 PLUS the mercurial magnificent Mal Michael to Brisbane in exchange for pick 44 and some nobody called Molloy. (this deal is not QUITE in the same league as the Clinton King-Steven McKee fiasco, but almost)

Pick 44 to Geelong for Steinfort sounds fair enough.

Pick 39 plus Olarenshaw to the Kangawankers for pick 37 is about break even.

Basically I'm disgusted ... again. You could probably sum it up by saying we swapped Michael for Molloy; and we swapped Williams for nobody.

We've been dudded again. How the hell do these buffoons sleep at night?

Wooden spoon number 3 here we come!!!

------------------
**floreat pica**

Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 2:25 am

Sorry, all. Don't know what I was on to make me read "Walker" instead of Clements".

Probably my wishful thinking.

Still, don't think it's anywhere near as bad as you reckon, Alf.This type of trading certainly makes a mockery of Shaw's "we're rebuilding"; MM has blown up the site and left only a couple of stumps (Bucks & Burns), strarting with a whole lot of 2-3 year old wood.

Predictions of 2001 finals look distant.

azza 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 3:54 am

Well my way of thinking goes like this;
Williams 28 next year, 2000 was suggested make or break so he hasn't been a superior contributor. We got Holland, 7-8 years younger than Williams and is said to have serious talent + pick 22 + Clements . All that for No.8 then we have pick 39 leftover. I'm happy with that deal.
The Michael Molloy deal will be left to see in 2001, maybe Molloy will be happier in Melbourne and more serious.
Steinfort for pick 44 is an out and out winner.
Olly and 39 for 37 is even considering he is high risk on anyones list,no more room for passengers!!
The actual trades we did were in my eyes winners. However the talent that was available on the market didn't end up in our laps so it was dissapointing from that view ie Allan and Hamill.
Could someone tell me if we can still get Allan maybe through the February draft or some other means ?
Here's hoping!!!!!!
By the way I'm getting a Collingwood membership this year and look out for the Pies in 2001!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 10:43 am

Too right azza!
magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 12:55 pm

azza,
The preseason draft is on - December 19.
Yes we cab still get Allan and who ever else is on offer. However, there is St. Kilda! Who f%^king else!
They have the first pick but, as opposed to the National Draft they only have the one pick. Players who nominate for Preseason Draft have to also nominate their required renumeration. So! If Allan prices himself out of St. Kilda's salary cap we will be able to pick him up. We don't need to pay him that amount but, that sum goes into our salary cap.
The other thing is if St. Kilda decides to delist players they have to be uncontracted in order for it to keep them with in the cap.
I did my sums today and I figure 1.4mil for Gehrig, Lawarence and Hammil. Harvey 500K, Burke and Loewe 400K each however if they go in "pension" list their payments are halved. Hall 300K, Jones 300K, Everett 450K, Hudgeston and Brown 250K each.
That equals 3.35million (assuming Loewe and Burke become "pensioners"). That leaves 1.15mil for the other 24 players. About 50K each.
SO!!! If we can convince Allan to come to Collingwood we should be able to get him.
azza the bill for this analysis is in the mail. OK?

azza 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 5:20 pm

magpie_russ,
I do have to thank you for your time and effort. I may have to invest in a calculator myself that's if I have any money left after I see your bill. Your calculations seem around the mark (that veterans list would help their cause) and maybe this is THE GRAND PLAN to get Allan. Allan nominates for the pre season draft St.Kilda can't afford him ,Eddie gets his man. Thereby securing Allan without giving up diddly squat, and sticking it up pigs arse arse ,thats sick but funny . Thanks magpie_russ I'm signing off content with the thought of Eddie wishing John the merriest of Xmas's and happiest of new years.If only........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: