Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Have you seen this man?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
member34258 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David, if you took anything I said to be "expert" then you are very wrong.
My comments were based on the awful truth that these acts are all to predictable through years and years of similar events.

You wrote;
Quote:
post in which you claimed to know not only exactly what had happened, but that you knew the motive as well

I don't think I ever said that I "knew" what happened. How could I know? I put forward a scenario that, again is all to predictable, that appears to be working out close to the truth. Am I happy that it has turned out this way? No, of course not. Do I still think he is a dog? Absolutely.
I do find offense that you appear to believe that I was crowing about some type of inside knowledge. What a crock of shit.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:50 am

Inside knowledge? Not at all. Simply rather outrageous presumptions.

However, the fact that it now seems you were pretty much right means that I can't really argue with your reasoning.

I simply thought that the following statement, when we were relying on nothing but hearsay, was kind of over the top. If you don't agree, then there's really no point arguing with you about it.
member34258 wrote:
Does he have a reason for this behavior? Yes, that reason is pure selfishness. When he did not get his way and violence had not worked he took the ultimate step for his own revenge.
Is he a dog for such acts?
Most DEFINITELY!

member34258 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:27 pm

David, hope you are watching tonights news services.
Plenty of people who know this man talking about how he always put himself first. Yes, he is selfish, extremely selfish. And a woman has lost her life because of it.
I was not relying on hearsay David, I was relying on life experience. Thats why you need to leave the closeted city of Canberra.

Good news is that daughter number 1 has surfaced to tell the world why she ran away. He beat her, abused her and she feared for her life.
Sounds like a selfish person to me.

P.S. Hope you get stuck into all those posters on Nicks who are talking about Geelong players tweaking hamstrings etc. After all, they are all relying on "hearsay".
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:40 pm

David wrote:

As for the question of whether he's a 'dog' or not, I disagree - simply because it is a strong belief of mine that there is no such thing as 'good' or 'evil' people. Everything we do is for a reason.

David, on this point above, I have to take issue with you. it's a wonderful thought, but I don't agree.

Not everyone who does bad or evil things is a bad or evil person. In fact, the vast majority are not. But there are people in society who are just wired wrong. They can commit the most heinous acts and feel absolutely no remorse or guilt for what they've done. You may have heard the terms "psychopath" and "sociopath". Think the Hannibal Lecter character in "silence of the lambs".

Those kind of people IMO fall firmly into the category of evil.

As far as this particular case goes, Member 12345 made some assumptions based on media speculation and, I'm sure, his own life experience and was reasonably accurate in those assumptions. That doesn't mean that they were any more than assumptions (even if educated ones) prior to facts being found. It's extraordinarily easy to jump to conclusions.

member34258 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:10 am

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22454790-661,00.html

Quote:
Holding a knife to Ms Liu's stomach as she held their child, Mr Xue told his wife: "I treat you good and you don't treat me very well. I love you but you don't love me. I am going to kill you."

Mr Xue repeatedly punched Annie to the face with a closed fist, drawing blood.

He then pulled a 30cm kitchen knife and threatened to kill her.

Quote:
Mr Xue was convicted for assaulting a child, assaulting a woman and using threatening language.

Quote:
A preliminary autopsy yesterday found Annie Liu died during a violent attack.

The report ruled out the use of a weapon.

Woof.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Not everyone who does bad or evil things is a bad or evil person. In fact, the vast majority are not. But there are people in society who are just wired wrong. They can commit the most heinous acts and feel absolutely no remorse or guilt for what they've done. You may have heard the terms "psychopath" and "sociopath". Think the Hannibal Lecter character in "silence of the lambs".

Does one, however, choose to become a psychopath? If not, how can you say he is more 'evil' than anyone who suffers from a mental illness?

I don't believe in the concept of good and evil, because the way I see it, the only thing that makes one human different from another is factors outside of his control... we all have the same basic needs etc, and those are just realised in different ways by our genes, how we're brought up, and our experiences in life. It's like the whole nature v nurture debate... it doesn't matter which side you subscribe to, in the end, neither one is something we have any control over.

That's my view on it, anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: